You may also like

Rate Dr. Ronald Pokrupa

Dr. Ronald Pokrupa's Ratings

Mr. Pokrupa does not deserve the title of Doctor. He just met with my father who has 3 Glioblastoma and is terminal. Dr. Hammod suggested radiation to enhance my fathers last days however Mr Pok just stopped by his hospital room and stated "I don't know why we are bothering to give you radiation, it is not worth it. And we are shipping you back to Brockville cause they can change your dirty diapers there as well as we can. My brother was able to hold it together long enough to tell him "Enough! Leave the room now". The man just walked away.
If you have any love at all for your family member - DO NOT let this man near them! No empathy, stripped my dad of his dignity and is a total loser!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

A day after my MRI I was in to see Dr. Pokrupa in Dec. of 2013. Feb 2014 I had a very large (5cm) Glioma removed. I wasn't even in the hospital for 48 hours before I was able to get to go home. I go for my 1 year post-surgery MRI in March, and I'm sure it'll be a good one! My 6 month was 'what they like to see after surgery', he said! ^_^

He's a great man doing what has got to be a very hard job, and I definitely owe him my life as well as many others, I'm sure! An awesome surgeon with awesome staff. I couldn't be happier with the 'extra time' he's given me! ^_______^

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Pokrupa removed a large meningioma from my left temporal lobe in 2013, and a second one on the right side 4 days ago. Amazing surgeon, very talented. He has a great sense of humor, and was always ready to answer questions, even the smallest ones. He is amazing!!! I owe him my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr Pokrupa partially removed a Astrocytoma from my temporal lobe in 2004. Extremely thankful for his honesty and amazing work he did. I'm still here to tell my story. For those of you complaining about his bedside manner, put yourself in his shoes. His job is to perform life saving surgeries, give expert opinions ect. Not his job to make you feel better about yourself.He wouldnt be able to do his job effectively if he let personal feelings get in the way. Thankful I was and am still under his care. The neurologists and nurses at KGH are absolutely amazing. A+++ rating from me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

SAVED MY LIFE AT MONTREAL NEURO AFTER MAJOR SUB-ARACHNOID HAEMHORRAGE. ALSO, MASTERFUL PLASTIC SURGURY; SCARS ON MY HEAD AND FACE ARE PRACTICALLY INVISIBLE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I HAD TWO OPERATIONS & BOTH WERE LIFE SAVING.ALTHOUGH I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH DR.PROKRUPA AND HIS BEDSIDE MANNER I UNDERSTAND THAT IS JUST HIM BEING PROFESSIONAL.HE IS CARING AND INFORMED ME OF ALL THE PROS/CONS OF MY SITUATION.DECOMPRESSION & LAMINECTOMY WERE DONE ON BOTH OCCASIONS AND HE SAID THAT I PROBABLY WOULDN'T WALK EVER AGAIN! MUCH TO EVERYONES SURPRISE IAM WALKING WITH THE USE OF A CANE.I WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR ALMOST (5)MONTHS AT KGH 2011 AND THE WHOLE STAFF TEAM WERE SECOND TO NONE.THESE NURSES DONT GET ENOUGH CREDIT AS I SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES RUN TO ROOMS AND SAVE LIVES.I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT IAM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE SERVICES THAT WERE OFFERED TO ME DURING MY STAY THERE AND KGH IS BY FAR PROBABLY THE BEST HOSPITAL IN CANADA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2013

Told me 18 yrs was borrowed time on my back and to come and see him when I was in a wheelchair. Second opinion resulted in surgery followed by total disc replacement. This clown loves the pay but is afraid to help people

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Performed surgery on my spine. He was very helpful and knew his stuff. Visited me every day in the hospital and was there to help manage my pain. The nurses at KGH were incredible!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

If this is the same Dr. Pokrupa who performed two spinal surgeries on me with exactly a two week interval ( For the second of which I taped to my back my suggestions of how to proceed for his edification and nurse Pamela at The Montreal Neuro, ca. 1996 ) , thanks for the wonderful outcome.Come back please . We need you . Absolutely no complaints about your bedside manner . All a lovely memory , reenforced by the fact that it was so easy to get you to laugh . Fond regards, Bill Gomberg . By the way , my primary care doc would like to know if you linserted any metal in me ? I assume of course that you'll have no problem remembering .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2012

Dr. Pokrupa is by far the most caring Dr. I have been to. He explained every detail of my surgery, went over my MRI with me until I understood completely what I was seeing and made me feel special. Two appointments I had with him pre-surgery ran over one hour and and I never felt rushed and was able to have all my questions answered. He visited me every day in the hospital and always had a smile. His staff went out of their way it seems, were caring and knowledgeable, and I can't sing his praises loudly enough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone experiencing spinal difficulties. I wish we had more Dr.s with his caring attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182250].votes_count ]]