Dr. Ronald Pokrupa

Dr. Ronald Pokrupa

Rate Dr. Ronald Pokrupa

Dr. Ronald Pokrupa's Ratings

Dr. Pokrupa removed a large meningioma from my left temporal lobe in 2013, and a second one on the right side 4 days ago. Amazing surgeon, very talented. He has a great sense of humor, and was always ready to answer questions, even the smallest ones. He is amazing!!! I owe him my life.

Submitted April 27, 2014 | flag

Dr Pokrupa partially removed a Astrocytoma from my temporal lobe in 2004. Extremely thankful for his honesty and amazing work he did. I'm still here to tell my story. For those of you complaining about his bedside manner, put yourself in his shoes. His job is to perform life saving surgeries, give expert opinions ect. Not his job to make you feel better about yourself.He wouldnt be able to do his job effectively if he let personal feelings get in the way. Thankful I was and am still under his care. The neurologists and nurses at KGH are absolutely amazing. A+++ rating from me!

Submitted May 21, 2013 | flag

SAVED MY LIFE AT MONTREAL NEURO AFTER MAJOR SUB-ARACHNOID HAEMHORRAGE. ALSO, MASTERFUL PLASTIC SURGURY; SCARS ON MY HEAD AND FACE ARE PRACTICALLY INVISIBLE.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

I HAD TWO OPERATIONS & BOTH WERE LIFE SAVING.ALTHOUGH I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH DR.PROKRUPA AND HIS BEDSIDE MANNER I UNDERSTAND THAT IS JUST HIM BEING PROFESSIONAL.HE IS CARING AND INFORMED ME OF ALL THE PROS/CONS OF MY SITUATION.DECOMPRESSION & LAMINECTOMY WERE DONE ON BOTH OCCASIONS AND HE SAID THAT I PROBABLY WOULDN'T WALK EVER AGAIN! MUCH TO EVERYONES SURPRISE IAM WALKING WITH THE USE OF A CANE.I WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR ALMOST (5)MONTHS AT KGH 2011 AND THE WHOLE STAFF TEAM WERE SECOND TO NONE.THESE NURSES DONT GET ENOUGH CREDIT AS I SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES RUN TO ROOMS AND SAVE LIVES.I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT IAM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE SERVICES THAT WERE OFFERED TO ME DURING MY STAY THERE AND KGH IS BY FAR PROBABLY THE BEST HOSPITAL IN CANADA.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2013 | flag

Told me 18 yrs was borrowed time on my back and to come and see him when I was in a wheelchair. Second opinion resulted in surgery followed by total disc replacement. This clown loves the pay but is afraid to help people

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

Performed surgery on my spine. He was very helpful and knew his stuff. Visited me every day in the hospital and was there to help manage my pain. The nurses at KGH were incredible!

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

If this is the same Dr. Pokrupa who performed two spinal surgeries on me with exactly a two week interval ( For the second of which I taped to my back my suggestions of how to proceed for his edification and nurse Pamela at The Montreal Neuro, ca. 1996 ) , thanks for the wonderful outcome.Come back please . We need you . Absolutely no complaints about your bedside manner . All a lovely memory , reenforced by the fact that it was so easy to get you to laugh . Fond regards, Bill Gomberg . By the way , my primary care doc would like to know if you linserted any metal in me ? I assume of course that you'll have no problem remembering .

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Pokrupa is by far the most caring Dr. I have been to. He explained every detail of my surgery, went over my MRI with me until I understood completely what I was seeing and made me feel special. Two appointments I had with him pre-surgery ran over one hour and and I never felt rushed and was able to have all my questions answered. He visited me every day in the hospital and always had a smile. His staff went out of their way it seems, were caring and knowledgeable, and I can't sing his praises loudly enough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone experiencing spinal difficulties. I wish we had more Dr.s with his caring attitude.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2011 | flag

No bedside mannerism. Seems almost robot like without a heart towards other human beings. Tries to pass the buck and doesn't attempt to help with pain issues. Eager to do the surgery not good with following up with his patients post op or caring about them.

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

In August 2010 my wife was diagnosed with a medium size meningioma located in a hard to reach place. Dr. Pokrupa agreed to perform the surgery. He explained us all possible negative consequences and chances for success. The surgery was performed in November 2010 and as we think was a complete success. Thanks to Dr. Pokrupa knowledge and professionalism we were lucky to evade any negative consequences. Now my wife is fast recovering and we hope for her full recovery soon. Both of us, my wife and I, are very thankful to Dr. Pokrupa and his team for their care and professionalism. It is like a miracle for us to get back her life that once was under risk. Mike & Natalie Firsov, Kingston

Submitted Dec. 25, 2010 | flag