Rate Dr. Marc Sherkin

Dr. Marc Sherkin's Ratings

This Doctor is to the point, tells you what you NEED to hear for your benefit. He really cares about his patients and is very passionate. He also takes the time to ensure that you understand what is going on with your foot and uses analogies that are very easy to understand. He genuinely cares and makes you feel welcomed. He will follow up and ensure YOU are happy. He has confidence in what he does which made me feel reassured I will be taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

One of the nicest people I have ever met, Doctor or otherwise. He was kind and had a sense of humour. Unlike a lot of Doctors Dr. Sherkin really seems to like people. Dr. Sherkin is a person that you would like to have a coffee with because he seems to be a very interesting person. His depth of knowledge was detailed but explained in terms that a layperson could understand. Dr. Sherkin was the the thrid Doctor I have seen for my sleep apenea, but the first to clearly explain the overall impact that this condition has on your general quality of life. I would highly recommend him to anybody. In addition to his good bedside manner his sleep tech was very good and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2013

Dr. Sherkin is one of the most careing and knowledgeable physicians I have known. He takes the time needed to properly examine and diagnose a patient's concerns. He goes out of his way to help people and has a stellar reputation amongst his peers and patients alike. He is not a chiropodist and does not do bunion surgeries so the comment previosuly made should be removed from his ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

I'm Not sure the bunion patient on this list has the correct physician, I never met a pulmonoligist that takes off bunions. The doc was compassionate and a great listener when my husband and I saw him yesterday in Northern Ontario. He did not poo poo my husbands symptoms, he adjusted the meds for sleep, and basically provided excellent patient care , after a long year of us arguing with the family doctor for adequate RLS meds. There is hope!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

Dr. Sherkin performed a bunion removal surgery on my foot. As the result of his handiwork, I acquired a serious infection that left me hospitalized for 3 weeks. Dr. Sherkin ignored the pain that I experienced after the surgery, did not prescribe any antibiotics for me, and was absolutely devoid of compassion. I simply wanted a bunion removed, consequently, I nearly had my whole foot amputated. Dr. Sherkin is currently under investigation by the Canadian Association of Chiropodists. If anyone else has had a health crises as a result of Dr. Sherkin's surgery, I would encourage you to file a formal complaint with the Canadian Association of Chiropodists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2013

I AM VERY PLEASED WITH DR. SHERKIN, KIND, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND UNDERSTANDING TO MY NEEDS. HIS OFFICE STAFF NEEDS SOME UPDATING AS TO HOW TO TREAT(RETURN CALLS) I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. SHERKIN TO ANYONE HOWEVER BECAUSE OF HIS OFFICE STAFF I WOULD HAVE TO WARN ANYONE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

His office staff was great, very kind. Dr. Sherkin himself was compassionate. He saw that my father was in pain and took the steps necessary to help in any way possible. He has a great sense of humour as well :) Would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2012

Very bad experience overall. Numerous calls not returned. Terrible followup.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2012

Dr. Sherkin treated both my mother in law and me. He is thorough, diligent, and very knowledgeable. He is personable and compassionate in conversation, and goes out of his way to ensure that we understood his explanation of the problem. I recommend this physician highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2011

I was very impressed with Dr. Sherkin and his staff. While his staff at times seemed a bit slow in responding I appreciate that it is due to the size of his practice and not to any malice. Dr. Sherkin is extremely knowledgable and has wonderful bedside manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][399788].votes_count ]]