Dr. Asif Salyani

5 1 3.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Asif Salyani

Dr. Asif Salyani's Ratings

Dr. Salyani provides exemplary care to patients who are in danger of losing their vision through illness. He is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon who cares deeply about his patients. He is very thorough in following up his patients and seeing that they get continuing monitoring. Our son is able to work, drive and enjoy a more normal life because of Dr. Salyani's expertise. We will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr. Salyani is a good doctor. He knows his stuff. The problem is he is money hungry. He charges fees for drug injections and tests that shouldn't have to be paid for. He is taking advantage of the system. His employees are over worked and underpaid. Some working in the OR aren't even fully trained. They don't have a health and safety committee, they don't have an HR person. They don't get vacation or benefits through the company. The turnover rate is so high, every time I walk in there I discover another staff member has left. And I know exactly why. Start treating your staff right and the rest will fall into place. Good doctor, poor skills in managing a practice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2781605].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 18, 2015

After waiting over 3 hours in a very cold waiting room, I was told that there would be still 8 patients in front of me, I left. I can see that a doctor of his qualifications can not afford to wait for a patient to arrive, therefore have a buffer of patients waiting to be treated. Having said that, I find it absolutely unacceptable to treat patients in that manner. My suggestions for the doctor and his staff, would be, to take a time management course. I for one will most certainly NOT return to see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2744262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Riduculous. Waiting is unjustified. Even if there was an EMERGENCY you can expect a wait but everytime. Our time is as precious as this money grabbing self serving no good doctor. Only said that as they wouldn't let me post stronger words

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2719626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

People will be negative about anything. This Doctor has always been very supportive of me and my Macular degeneration. I don't care if I have to spend time in a waiting room because I know I am seeing the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2632746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I accidentally discovered this web site while looking for Dr. Salyani's Newmarket address to give to the Red Cross. I am appalled at the attitude of some people who would put waiting ahead of an emergency. I have had to see Dr. Salyani approximately every 4 weeks for the last 3 years. There have been times when there was a very long wait but most of the time I am in & out in under an hour & a half. I can't say that about a regular Opthamologist which Dr. Salyani isn't. He is a Retinal Specialist. We live in an instant gratification time & I would not hesitate to wait hours to see this brilliant Doctor. He has given me back my vision which would not have been the case even 4 years ago. I am a respected, award winning artist who depends on excellent vision. How do you compare vision vs blindness to having to wait any length of time? Its absurd. That kind of wait has been uncommon since he opened his new facility in Newmarket. Doctors are not greedy, they spend years & a massive amount of money learning their craft & specialty so they can dedicate their knowledge & skill to their patients. He has shown great compassion, always apologizes if there is a wait & gives you his full attention. The staff are as efficient as possible & very amenable. The receptionist is always 'the front line of defense' in any business & sometimes has a very difficult job when there is a wait.
I couldn't be more positive about Dr. Salyani. He has saved the vision of many people including me.
If I were a diabetic, I would have come better prepared & if there is a medical issue because if it, then rebook the appointment.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2632389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I am sure he is a good physician but there are others who are as good or better who do not treat patients like cattle. Emergencies do not account for the long waits, only greed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2598608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I used to see Dr Salyani in his Whitby office, but he has since moved to Pickering and I believe the wait times have improved significantly.
I would wait hours and hours to see him, he saved my eye sight and he treats me like I am his most important patient!
His warm hearted nature and honesty makes my treatments that much easier.
His staff are always very pleasant and lovely to talk to if you give them the time!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2578168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I agree about the lack if respect for patients time. It would be one thing if there was an emergency and it was a rare occurrence to have to wait 3 hours but it is the norm to wait this ridiculous amount of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I have dealt with other ophthalmologist and Dr. Salyani is by far the best, most caring doctor. Yes, there may be a wait but remember there are always eye emergencies, someone that risks going blind if not provided immediate attention. I don't mind waiting if it will help someone not go blind. Dr. Salyani gives 100% of his attention to his patients and will ensure that all your needs are met before moving on to the next patient. Thank you for providing such great care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2478110].votes_count ]]