Rate Dr. Asif Salyani

Dr. Asif Salyani's Ratings

People will be negative about anything. This Doctor has always been very supportive of me and my Macular degeneration. I don't care if I have to spend time in a waiting room because I know I am seeing the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I accidentally discovered this web site while looking for Dr. Salyani's Newmarket address to give to the Red Cross. I am appalled at the attitude of some people who would put waiting ahead of an emergency. I have had to see Dr. Salyani approximately every 4 weeks for the last 3 years. There have been times when there was a very long wait but most of the time I am in & out in under an hour & a half. I can't say that about a regular Opthamologist which Dr. Salyani isn't. He is a Retinal Specialist. We live in an instant gratification time & I would not hesitate to wait hours to see this brilliant Doctor. He has given me back my vision which would not have been the case even 4 years ago. I am a respected, award winning artist who depends on excellent vision. How do you compare vision vs blindness to having to wait any length of time? Its absurd. That kind of wait has been uncommon since he opened his new facility in Newmarket. Doctors are not greedy, they spend years & a massive amount of money learning their craft & specialty so they can dedicate their knowledge & skill to their patients. He has shown great compassion, always apologizes if there is a wait & gives you his full attention. The staff are as efficient as possible & very amenable. The receptionist is always 'the front line of defense' in any business & sometimes has a very difficult job when there is a wait.
I couldn't be more positive about Dr. Salyani. He has saved the vision of many people including me.
If I were a diabetic, I would have come better prepared & if there is a medical issue because if it, then rebook the appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I am sure he is a good physician but there are others who are as good or better who do not treat patients like cattle. Emergencies do not account for the long waits, only greed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I used to see Dr Salyani in his Whitby office, but he has since moved to Pickering and I believe the wait times have improved significantly.
I would wait hours and hours to see him, he saved my eye sight and he treats me like I am his most important patient!
His warm hearted nature and honesty makes my treatments that much easier.
His staff are always very pleasant and lovely to talk to if you give them the time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I agree about the lack if respect for patients time. It would be one thing if there was an emergency and it was a rare occurrence to have to wait 3 hours but it is the norm to wait this ridiculous amount of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I have dealt with other ophthalmologist and Dr. Salyani is by far the best, most caring doctor. Yes, there may be a wait but remember there are always eye emergencies, someone that risks going blind if not provided immediate attention. I don't mind waiting if it will help someone not go blind. Dr. Salyani gives 100% of his attention to his patients and will ensure that all your needs are met before moving on to the next patient. Thank you for providing such great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Overbooked. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for a fee minutes of his time. Arrogant when you ask questions. Front staff are rude too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Yes, you may have to wait (my experience is with the Newmarket clinic) but it is still so much better than the time it takes to drive into Toronto for treatments (with the traffic and high parking charges). Dr. Salyani is an excellent doctor, and a caring professional, and has always treated my stepfather with respect and concern for his particular situation. There are so many patients who need help, and if it means that I have to wait for a doctor whose main concern is the eyesight of his patients, is that really such a big deal? Just schedule your time accordingly, know there will be a wait, and be glad that once you see the doctor, you know you are being treated by someone worth waiting for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

I have to agree with those who complained about the amount of waiting time. I arrived for a 2:30 pm appt. at 2:15, signed my paperwork for lazer and took a seat in the first waiting room. There was no one ahead of me. At 4pm my husband asked how long we would be and the receptionist said it usually takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours of waiting. It was now 4:15 so my husband approached the desk again. The girl said she had no idea how long I would have to wait, but there were SIX people in front of me. She also said I might not get in at all. I am diabetic and must take insulin and eat at specific times. We also had another appt. at 5 p.m. There is no excuse to keep people waiting all this time. I am sure this doctor is very good and has concerns about his patients, but perhaps he should book less appts. so people can get along with there lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

New office in Pickering seems to be run exactly the way his other "factory" clinics have been run based on what I've read here. Average wait time is 3-4 hours. They double-book patients with ten minute intervals. This system could work in a GP office but not in an specialists's office. A rater below claims that he gives his patients the utmost care. How is that possible if he has to rush through his long factory line!!!! Do not go to this specialist if you have a choice. Waste of time! Just a money grabber...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400112].votes_count ]]