Dr. Asif Salyani

5 1 3.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Asif Salyani

Dr. Asif Salyani's Ratings

Dr. Salyani removed the scar tissue that had formed over my retina that was starting to affect my vision and I chose to have laser to replace my lens
. I could not believe how clear my vision was after a few weeks and how bright and different colours were. Dr. Salyani did a wonderful job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2852214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

He helped cure my father's severe eye issues related to macular degeneration. There were also other complications which can help you understand the complexities of his case. He fixed all the issues in under two years and now my father can see 20/20. We cannot thank him enough for restoring his vision.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2847422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Salyani provides exemplary care to patients who are in danger of losing their vision through illness. He is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon who cares deeply about his patients. He is very thorough in following up his patients and seeing that they get continuing monitoring. Our son is able to work, drive and enjoy a more normal life because of Dr. Salyani's expertise. We will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2809930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

After waiting over 3 hours in a very cold waiting room, I was told that there would be still 8 patients in front of me, I left. I can see that a doctor of his qualifications can not afford to wait for a patient to arrive, therefore have a buffer of patients waiting to be treated. Having said that, I find it absolutely unacceptable to treat patients in that manner. My suggestions for the doctor and his staff, would be, to take a time management course. I for one will most certainly NOT return to see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2744262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Riduculous. Waiting is unjustified. Even if there was an EMERGENCY you can expect a wait but everytime. Our time is as precious as this money grabbing self serving no good doctor. Only said that as they wouldn't let me post stronger words

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2719626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

People will be negative about anything. This Doctor has always been very supportive of me and my Macular degeneration. I don't care if I have to spend time in a waiting room because I know I am seeing the best.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2632746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I accidentally discovered this web site while looking for Dr. Salyani's Newmarket address to give to the Red Cross. I am appalled at the attitude of some people who would put waiting ahead of an emergency. I have had to see Dr. Salyani approximately every 4 weeks for the last 3 years. There have been times when there was a very long wait but most of the time I am in & out in under an hour & a half. I can't say that about a regular Opthamologist which Dr. Salyani isn't. He is a Retinal Specialist. We live in an instant gratification time & I would not hesitate to wait hours to see this brilliant Doctor. He has given me back my vision which would not have been the case even 4 years ago. I am a respected, award winning artist who depends on excellent vision. How do you compare vision vs blindness to having to wait any length of time? Its absurd. That kind of wait has been uncommon since he opened his new facility in Newmarket. Doctors are not greedy, they spend years & a massive amount of money learning their craft & specialty so they can dedicate their knowledge & skill to their patients. He has shown great compassion, always apologizes if there is a wait & gives you his full attention. The staff are as efficient as possible & very amenable. The receptionist is always 'the front line of defense' in any business & sometimes has a very difficult job when there is a wait.
I couldn't be more positive about Dr. Salyani. He has saved the vision of many people including me.
If I were a diabetic, I would have come better prepared & if there is a medical issue because if it, then rebook the appointment.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2632389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I am sure he is a good physician but there are others who are as good or better who do not treat patients like cattle. Emergencies do not account for the long waits, only greed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2598608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I used to see Dr Salyani in his Whitby office, but he has since moved to Pickering and I believe the wait times have improved significantly.
I would wait hours and hours to see him, he saved my eye sight and he treats me like I am his most important patient!
His warm hearted nature and honesty makes my treatments that much easier.
His staff are always very pleasant and lovely to talk to if you give them the time!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2578168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I agree about the lack if respect for patients time. It would be one thing if there was an emergency and it was a rare occurrence to have to wait 3 hours but it is the norm to wait this ridiculous amount of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513920].votes_count ]]