Rate Dr. Asif Salyani

Dr. Asif Salyani's Ratings

I agree about the lack if respect for patients time. It would be one thing if there was an emergency and it was a rare occurrence to have to wait 3 hours but it is the norm to wait this ridiculous amount of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I have dealt with other ophthalmologist and Dr. Salyani is by far the best, most caring doctor. Yes, there may be a wait but remember there are always eye emergencies, someone that risks going blind if not provided immediate attention. I don't mind waiting if it will help someone not go blind. Dr. Salyani gives 100% of his attention to his patients and will ensure that all your needs are met before moving on to the next patient. Thank you for providing such great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Overbooked. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for a fee minutes of his time. Arrogant when you ask questions. Front staff are rude too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Yes, you may have to wait (my experience is with the Newmarket clinic) but it is still so much better than the time it takes to drive into Toronto for treatments (with the traffic and high parking charges). Dr. Salyani is an excellent doctor, and a caring professional, and has always treated my stepfather with respect and concern for his particular situation. There are so many patients who need help, and if it means that I have to wait for a doctor whose main concern is the eyesight of his patients, is that really such a big deal? Just schedule your time accordingly, know there will be a wait, and be glad that once you see the doctor, you know you are being treated by someone worth waiting for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

I have to agree with those who complained about the amount of waiting time. I arrived for a 2:30 pm appt. at 2:15, signed my paperwork for lazer and took a seat in the first waiting room. There was no one ahead of me. At 4pm my husband asked how long we would be and the receptionist said it usually takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours of waiting. It was now 4:15 so my husband approached the desk again. The girl said she had no idea how long I would have to wait, but there were SIX people in front of me. She also said I might not get in at all. I am diabetic and must take insulin and eat at specific times. We also had another appt. at 5 p.m. There is no excuse to keep people waiting all this time. I am sure this doctor is very good and has concerns about his patients, but perhaps he should book less appts. so people can get along with there lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

New office in Pickering seems to be run exactly the way his other "factory" clinics have been run based on what I've read here. Average wait time is 3-4 hours. They double-book patients with ten minute intervals. This system could work in a GP office but not in an specialists's office. A rater below claims that he gives his patients the utmost care. How is that possible if he has to rush through his long factory line!!!! Do not go to this specialist if you have a choice. Waste of time! Just a money grabber...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Dr. Salyani's new clinic in Newmarket is run like a factory, the objective being, I suspect, to maximize his billings. Patients are routinely there four hours or longer, virtually all of this time spent in his two "holding cell" waiting areas, to be processed to meet his objective. After 4 hours, I had to leave without seeing him. He may or may not be a skilled physician, but he doesn't respect his patients' time. Anyone able to should seek other options for their eye care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

I don't know what the knowledge of Doctor Salyani is, but staff and punctuality is unbelievably bad. We had two appointments, one at 11:40, we got out of the office at 4:10; the second one 1:20 pm and is 3:05 and we are still waiting to be called. Very disorganized or maybe under staffed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Negative comments about Dr. Salyani are solely based on ignorance. Dr. Salyani have accommodated his patients beyond his duty as an ophthalmologist. This doctor actually care about the health of his patients eye-sights . What people fail to realize is that their will always be more doctors, however, not too many will actually care about their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Very knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, can see no reason why someone would even attempt to discount this doctor as not being one of the best in his profession, Richard G. Smith

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400114].votes_count ]]