Rate Dr. Lane F. Smith

Dr. Lane F. Smith's Ratings

Dr. Smith and his team are amazing! I flew in from Canada to have a breast augmentation procedure and everything from my first email until now (I'm only 5 days post op) has been exactly what I needed. Before arriving the patient coordinators Eden and Jessica answered every question I had and made getting all my paperwork and payments beyond easy. I had my consultation the day before my surgery and have never felt more comfortable and accommodated by both Dr. Smith and the staff. He understood exactly the look I wanted to achieve and let me pick not only the incision I wanted but the size of implant as well. His explanations of how the implants are placed helped so much with making my decisions and the process so much easier. The day of surgery the anaesthesiologist Dr. Crowley, who had also called before my trip to reassure me about everything and has called after to check in to make sure I'm doing ok, was comforting and helped keep me relaxed and kept my mind off the surgery before going to sleep. Between both Dr. Smith's amazing work, Dr. Crowley for being so attentive to my needs and both Shannon and Desiree in the office, I don't know if I would ever want to go to anywhere else. Everyone from the entire team treated both myself and my boyfriend with the utmost care and were beyond friendly and helpful throughout my whole process, we're both beyond impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

I had breast augmentation with Dr. Lane Smith and I couldn't be happier!
I was and am 100% confident in Dr. Smith. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient. He takes pride in his work and is a perfectionist. It has only been a couple weeks since my surgery but I am extremely happy with the results and love going to my appointments. Dr. Smith is the best cosmetic surgeon and his staff is so friendly and helpful! I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Bad aftercare and horrendous attitude! I paid $9500 and simply asked about fixing some bumps on my lip that were causing me to have a slight lisp during my stage act. Instead of having me make a new appointment to come take care of it sooner than my existing one, he said to me, "I love how you focus only on the minor negative aspects of your surgery rather than the overall result." Well, if I created music tracks for a film and the producer loved it except for one bad chord, I'd just fix the bad chord! I wouldn't tell him that he's focusing just on the one bad chord instead of looking at the overall piece of music!

My face, speech and singing are part of my work! If I were only focusing on the negative, I would have complained about the hematoma he didn't treat for a week because his staff didn't tell him, my two earlobes that are different shapes, and the fact that my neck is messed up from that hematoma. I just asked about helping me to better do my job.

I am now going to find another Dr, to help me since Dr. Lane obviously has some ill-placed anger issues. He even blocked me from Facebook like I'm a stalker or over-the-top complainer! Very strange behavior for a professional who is supposed to be servicing a patient.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2520709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

You have 4 follow up appointments that he has you do. He is very entailed and a perfectionist about his work. His facility is gorgeous clean with all procedures done on site. You have to be realistic when you chose to have some personals enhancements done in other words, myself being a male, I had things I wanted done but realized I wasn't expecting to become the next Bradley Cooper or Americas Next Top Model.....but the results I have gotten have been wonderful, what I imagined and Dr. Smith is to thank for that!!! WL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

DR. Lane SMITH is a RUDE surgeon. I had some concerns about my breast augmentation results with him and he denied my concerns and feelings.. He acted childish concerning my scars, he never told me to massage them in order to thin them out and on my last post op appointment with him, he blamed me by yelling at me saying I'm not doing any good about that.. It came from nowhere! I was telling him how my left breast feels hard and uncomfortable when the right breast feels soft and like my own. I told him also that the two breasts have noticeable different shapes and sizes and he kept denying it.. At the end of the consult he was impatient with me and said you should go bigger on the right one (when I told him the right one wasn't the issue) and he left the room unexpectedly and left me there half naked wondering if it was time for me to get the f*** out! Never saw him again never will never would recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][400224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Smith listened to my concerns of incision, size, possible lift. He's very knowledgeable but isnt arrogant. He made suggestions about my procedure & consultation was very thorough & informative; time spent proved he was very detailed. The staff are all very nice & worked with my schedule ^ answered questions. My pre-op appt was informative & anesthesiologist Dr. Crowley is thorough like Dr. Smith. Day of surgery every1 was comforting & kept my husband informed. I wasnt nervous & their attention was on me. Dr. Smith, Dr. Crowley, Francesca, Emily, Shannon, & my recovery nurse (I didn't catch her name) were fantastic! I had minimal bruising & swelling, they looked great even @ day 1! I'm 2 wks post op & already my scars are almost non-existent. I highly recommend Dr. Smith! His expertise, hands on approach, & down to earth attitude is why I chose him & I'm so happy. Shay :) Breast Aug, Periareolar incision, Dual Plane, 5'2" 125 lbs., PRE:32B/C, POST:32D/DD, 500/550cc, HP Gel Sili

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

I've just read through the comments on here, and I don't understand the negative ones. I've honestly only has the BEST experience with Dr. Smith every time I go into his office. Staff is ALWAYS nice to me! & asks how I'm doing! And will even ask about my 9 month old son. Ever since I went into my 1st consultation with Dr. Smith I've had nothing but great things to say. Dr. Smith did Breast Augmentation surgery one me about 5 weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results! He has the BEST portfolio in Las Vegas for a plastic surgeon. If you look at it, it honestly speaks for itself. I get compliments all the time on my breasts and how great they look. Dr. Smith is concerned on getting the results you want, also with what will look best and right for your body. I again, couldn't be happier with my breasts! I did 600cc's under the muscle silicone. And they're PERFECT! Even if I moved out of state I would still travel back to Las Vegas to see him for future procedures.He's the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][400218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

Dr. Smith and his staff are absolutely amazing. I had a breast aug and tt done at the same time and am thrilled with the results. Dr. Smith was the only doctor I consulted with, because after meeting with him and feeling completely comfortable and put at ease about the procedures, I decided I didn't need to waste my time meeting with anyone else. His prices were incredibly fair, especially given he has his own surgery center. No sick people in the OR! Ever!! There was no pressure to go with him, but I just knew it was the right choice. The girls in his office are completely professional and amazingly nice. They ask questions, offer advice, and take as much time as needed to answer any questions I've had. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Smith, and know that if I ever decide to have anything else done he will be the only place I turn. Having work done on your body is a HUGE decision. When making that decision, I recommend Dr. Smith at Smith Plastic Surgery Institute!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Before I choose Dr. Smith, I did my research. This is my second procedure with Dr Smith and his staff and just like the first time, everyone is caring, attentive and great. I see some patients complained about having to wait but I see it like this. When I am seen I don't want a doctor who is in a hurry to get me in and out. Dr. Smith has always given us all the time we need. His nurse Francesca is awesome, Dr Crowley is the bomb. The staff at the front desk Jessica and Shannon are always a pleasure to deal with. There is one more staff member and I can't remember her name but she is always smiling actually all of them are (Lots Of beautiful Hair :). Dr Smith's Surgery Center seems to be a great place to work for all his staff and that makes it an awesome place for us patients. Best Plastic Surgeon ever. JLS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Smith performed an ear lobe reduction surgery on me. Immediately we could see that one ear lobe was shorter than the other. He asked me to wait for it to heal before I became concerned. I did that and it isn't any better. Dr. Smith and I are at an impasse now and I am no longer entitled to go to his office. He is intimidating, overbearing and unprofessional. You can find a better physician to help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400215].votes_count ]]