Rate Dr. Lane F. Smith

Dr. Lane F. Smith's Ratings

I saw several doctors in Las Vegas and even started considering California before seeing Dr. Smith. I was blown away with Dr. Smith's concepts and understanding in comparison with other doctors. Other doctors in the area were more about getting you in and out. A lot also tried to force their own ideas of how big is better and made you question your own thoughts. Dr. Smith provided support and knows that plastic surgery is not only a science but an art form. His experience helps in determining what kind of implant and what kind of placement is right for the patient. Not only is his compassion, experience, and vision what makes him stand out from the rest but his on-site surgical center is a huge bonus. Not only does this feature eliminate operating room costs that most surgeons in the area are charging 1500-2000 for on top of the surgery but this is a huge relief when it comes to those day-of-surgery-nerves. His staff is outstanding as well. Each visit they have provided me with not only their knowledge from experience but genuine compassion. They understand that surgery is a big decision and do the best they can to make you feel comfortable through a sincere relationship with the patient. Not only was my experience great and a relief as to what I hear about other surgeons, but my results have exceeded expectations. The entire process was more than I could have expected and I can't wait to bring in my friends whom have been on the fence about pulling that plastic surgery trigger just as I was!! I love love love everything Dr. Smith and his staff has done for me and it could not have been better money spent!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

My wife and I came in from Vancouver, Canada for a consultation.....she for her first breast augmentation and myself for the new less evasive hair restoration called NEOGRAFT. As a optimal aging doctor myself, I knew the value of doing proper research, so before we decided for my wife, we did a lot of scrapping, battling, negotiating about size, type, doctor for several months. We first looked at the expertise of numerous local cosmetic surgeons, interviewed any friends we had with augmentation work, then did countless hours of internet searches and with Dr. Smith qualifications, his beautiful "before and afters" we decided to venture out of Canada and book a consultation.

Experiencing first hand Dr. Smith's warmth, confidence, desire to help and genuine honest enthusiasm, along with his amazing and helpful staff, such as Jessica, Rose (aka Constance the hugger), Shannon and Desiree, all had such positive, friendly energy that gave that extra "piece of peace"', this along with the fact that several times during our Las Vegas stay we did even more research and asked entertainment staff, servers, hotel employees that appeared to have great augmentation work, we soon realized how many highly recommended Dr. Lane Smith or knew a friend that had work done by Dr. Smith, all had nothing but good things to say. With this we felt very confident and booked to come back two weeks later of December 4th, to start the procedures. (A little tip - stay over the weekend, find a hotel close or one with a kitchenette for ice (bring ice pack), prearrange your rides and expect some solid recouping time.)

When we got home, the research did not stop we read additional reviews for various doctors, compared more "before and afters" and gained even more self assurance of our Dr. Smith decision. On this rating site, we did notice some rare comments around "waiting", which we feel compelled to address, especially after meeting Dr. Lane and his staff. In all our appointments (four in total) we did not notice or observe any excessive wait time and any time we did have was made easier by just bringing a IPAD. The simple fact is, Dr. Smith is very much in demand because he is extremely good at what he does, when needed (or in our case when we had so many questions) he takes the extra time for his patients, and seeing comments like this actually made our choice even clearer.....if there is a wait, it does not mean anything more than he is compassionate and cares "big time" and takes the time to do the best work possible, especially on the surgery day!

On the actual surgery day (December 4th) we both had a new type of nervousness, (especially since it was my wife's first experience with any type of surgery or being "put under"), it's was again very helpful to have a third party to help ease any fears, no matter how close you are to your spouse, it's always nice to have outside confident, warm and experienced reassurance. This type of cosmetic "stage fright" was calmed with the help of of Dr. Smith and his amazing staff, also having a call from the anesthesiologist Dr. Crowley (aka Dr. Feel Good) the night before, and a "positive pep talk", just before surgery, and another phone call the night after the surgery as well as again three days after, all to check-in and ensure no complications, was extremely helpful, a special thanks also goes to Dr. Crowley.

At four days post surgery we went back for another checkin and were personally given specific instructions for our case, a week later now back home all is going well, things are a little tender as to be expected, but getting better every day. We have just sent in our "1 week after" pictures and have received a quick response giving us personalized instructions.

All in all the final view is "they care", and they are "great at what they do". Dr. Smith with his team are artists and the results so far have been AMAZING. This was a very positive, comfortable and satisfying experience that even made us closer as a couple. Thanks to everyone for all you do, you are a truly amazing team and we are forever grateful. Sincerely Dr. Martin & Priti , Canada

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

The first appointment I made with Dr. Smith I waited in the waiting room just to be seen for over two hours, I had other appointments that day that I had to push back because I was so late and I was just about to leave when they finally called me back. I was very agitated that they were so inconsiderate of my time so I didn't have the most positive experience. I finally decided that Dr. Lane Smith was my guy only because of his extensive experience and qualifications. The day of surgery Dr. Smith's staff advised me to be in the office at 11am, the anesthesiologist wanted me to arrive at 10am, again I waited for an hour to be taken back which was very nerve-racking as it was hours before I was to go into surgery. Everyone made me feel safe and comfortable and the surgery went well. My main complaint though is my aftercare. I was literally shoved into a wheelchair and forcefully wheeled out of the office wondering what the heck was going on. I was pissed that I was just woken up and pretty much forced to leave without so much as anyone asking if I felt I was okay to go, my jaw was chattering from coming off the drugs and I cried and screamed the whole way home because I was so angry. I thought that maybe the reason I thought this was because I was still coming off the drugs and I wasn't totally coherent and aware of how long I was awake for but no, my boyfriend told me the nurses called him right after I came out of surgery to say everything went successfully and I needed to rest before I was able to leave---15 minutes later the after care nurse called him and told him I was ready to go.

I have had surgery before and never felt such lack of care from the surgeon or nurses.

I am only 20 days post op and love my results so far so hopefully everything heals and turns out exactly as expected. Despite my aftercare, I would consider Dr. Smith again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2639048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Smith and his team are amazing! I flew in from Canada to have a breast augmentation procedure and everything from my first email until now (I'm only 5 days post op) has been exactly what I needed. Before arriving the patient coordinators Eden and Jessica answered every question I had and made getting all my paperwork and payments beyond easy. I had my consultation the day before my surgery and have never felt more comfortable and accommodated by both Dr. Smith and the staff. He understood exactly the look I wanted to achieve and let me pick not only the incision I wanted but the size of implant as well. His explanations of how the implants are placed helped so much with making my decisions and the process so much easier. The day of surgery the anaesthesiologist Dr. Crowley, who had also called before my trip to reassure me about everything and has called after to check in to make sure I'm doing ok, was comforting and helped keep me relaxed and kept my mind off the surgery before going to sleep. Between both Dr. Smith's amazing work, Dr. Crowley for being so attentive to my needs and both Shannon and Desiree in the office, I don't know if I would ever want to go to anywhere else. Everyone from the entire team treated both myself and my boyfriend with the utmost care and were beyond friendly and helpful throughout my whole process, we're both beyond impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

I had breast augmentation with Dr. Lane Smith and I couldn't be happier!
I was and am 100% confident in Dr. Smith. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient. He takes pride in his work and is a perfectionist. It has only been a couple weeks since my surgery but I am extremely happy with the results and love going to my appointments. Dr. Smith is the best cosmetic surgeon and his staff is so friendly and helpful! I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Bad aftercare and horrendous attitude! I paid $9500 and simply asked about fixing some bumps on my lip that were causing me to have a slight lisp during my stage act. Instead of having me make a new appointment to come take care of it sooner than my existing one, he said to me, "I love how you focus only on the minor negative aspects of your surgery rather than the overall result." Well, if I created music tracks for a film and the producer loved it except for one bad chord, I'd just fix the bad chord! I wouldn't tell him that he's focusing just on the one bad chord instead of looking at the overall piece of music!

My face, speech and singing are part of my work! If I were only focusing on the negative, I would have complained about the hematoma he didn't treat for a week because his staff didn't tell him, my two earlobes that are different shapes, and the fact that my neck is messed up from that hematoma. I just asked about helping me to better do my job.

I am now going to find another Dr, to help me since Dr. Lane obviously has some ill-placed anger issues. He even blocked me from Facebook like I'm a stalker or over-the-top complainer! Very strange behavior for a professional who is supposed to be servicing a patient.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2520709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

You have 4 follow up appointments that he has you do. He is very entailed and a perfectionist about his work. His facility is gorgeous clean with all procedures done on site. You have to be realistic when you chose to have some personals enhancements done in other words, myself being a male, I had things I wanted done but realized I wasn't expecting to become the next Bradley Cooper or Americas Next Top Model.....but the results I have gotten have been wonderful, what I imagined and Dr. Smith is to thank for that!!! WL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

DR. Lane SMITH is a RUDE surgeon. I had some concerns about my breast augmentation results with him and he denied my concerns and feelings.. He acted childish concerning my scars, he never told me to massage them in order to thin them out and on my last post op appointment with him, he blamed me by yelling at me saying I'm not doing any good about that.. It came from nowhere! I was telling him how my left breast feels hard and uncomfortable when the right breast feels soft and like my own. I told him also that the two breasts have noticeable different shapes and sizes and he kept denying it.. At the end of the consult he was impatient with me and said you should go bigger on the right one (when I told him the right one wasn't the issue) and he left the room unexpectedly and left me there half naked wondering if it was time for me to get the f*** out! Never saw him again never will never would recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][400224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Smith listened to my concerns of incision, size, possible lift. He's very knowledgeable but isnt arrogant. He made suggestions about my procedure & consultation was very thorough & informative; time spent proved he was very detailed. The staff are all very nice & worked with my schedule ^ answered questions. My pre-op appt was informative & anesthesiologist Dr. Crowley is thorough like Dr. Smith. Day of surgery every1 was comforting & kept my husband informed. I wasnt nervous & their attention was on me. Dr. Smith, Dr. Crowley, Francesca, Emily, Shannon, & my recovery nurse (I didn't catch her name) were fantastic! I had minimal bruising & swelling, they looked great even @ day 1! I'm 2 wks post op & already my scars are almost non-existent. I highly recommend Dr. Smith! His expertise, hands on approach, & down to earth attitude is why I chose him & I'm so happy. Shay :) Breast Aug, Periareolar incision, Dual Plane, 5'2" 125 lbs., PRE:32B/C, POST:32D/DD, 500/550cc, HP Gel Sili

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

I've just read through the comments on here, and I don't understand the negative ones. I've honestly only has the BEST experience with Dr. Smith every time I go into his office. Staff is ALWAYS nice to me! & asks how I'm doing! And will even ask about my 9 month old son. Ever since I went into my 1st consultation with Dr. Smith I've had nothing but great things to say. Dr. Smith did Breast Augmentation surgery one me about 5 weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results! He has the BEST portfolio in Las Vegas for a plastic surgeon. If you look at it, it honestly speaks for itself. I get compliments all the time on my breasts and how great they look. Dr. Smith is concerned on getting the results you want, also with what will look best and right for your body. I again, couldn't be happier with my breasts! I did 600cc's under the muscle silicone. And they're PERFECT! Even if I moved out of state I would still travel back to Las Vegas to see him for future procedures.He's the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][400218].votes_count ]]