You may also like

Rate Dr. Lane F. Smith

Dr. Lane F. Smith's Ratings

This doctor killed my mother Josie M. Ledbetter by not taking the time to do her operations in different increments . Doing so many procedures on her at once was too hard on her system. He killed my mother Josie M. Ledbetter and if he would have cared he would have done her surgery differently and not been so money hungry. He knows better than to do so many procedures at once, doctors in this type of field are trained to not too do to many things at once on a patient. 3 days after the operation she died and this was July 2013. I don't hate you, my mother is dead because of you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have to say that without any reservation at all I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lane Smith to make your plastic surgery dreams come true. I am not the kind of person to just jump into a decision, especially one as serious as surgery. I did a tremendous amount of research and had several consultations with different plastuic surgeons before choosing Dr. Smith. Aside from his amazing credentials and academic achievements, he is truly the most kind, compassionate and understanding doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. At no point in my cosnultation did i feel like he was trying to "sell me" a procedure or convince me to do more than I had wanted. I know he had my best interest at heart and simply wanted to hekp me achieve my overall desired results.

The girls in the front, Jessica, Desiree, Sharese and Shannon were not only sweet and pleasant but extremely knowledgable and willing to answer any additional questions I may have had prior to my surgery. They made the entire pre-surgery process easy and quick, but not at all rushed.

The little extras truly made this experience one I will never forget. From Dr. Crowley, the anesthesiologist personally calling me prior to surgery to give me the last minute instructions and details of what i should expect, as well as calming my pre-surgery jitters , to the sweet and loving nature of Nurse Heidi and recovery nurse Bree, making me feel safe and cared for throughout the moments leading up to my surgery straight through the gentle maneuvering and helping me into the passenger seat of my mother's car to bring me home, i would not hesitate to have another procedure with Dr. Smith and his incredible staff.

And i cannot forget to mention the fact that the detailed after care instruction given to my mother, the biggest worrier on the planet, made her feel competent and secure enough to care for me in those crucial first 24 hours after surgery. Truly a gifted surgeon and amazing staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

My friend had a breast implants and a lift and almost lost one of her nipples. Not good, he just put her on months of antibiotics, the after care was terrible. Beware!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I had a beneli lift done with Dr. Lane Smith and he cut too much skin off my right breast which caused my nipple to loose circulation. After surgery my nipple was purple and wouldn't return to it's natural color so he had to cut the incisions back open and leave my nipple hanging with my flesh exposed for a month. Within that month I had 3 infections and when he did stitch me back up but the infection was so bad my incision ripped open twice! I was a very understanding patient and followed all of his instuctions. He had to send me for hyperbaric treatment which is for intense healing. It did help but because of his mistake I now have to indure painful scar tissue that makes my right breast hard, my nipples don't react to cold at the same time and I will not be able to breast feed out of my right breast. He also does not keep his word. He told me I could come back in a year after I've healed and he would redo my breasts for free. When I went back I was charged a $100 consultation fee and they wanted to charge me full price again after everything I endured. So if you are considering him for a breast augmentation or reconstruction I would keep looking for another doctor that actual keeps his word and is more perfected in his craft.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2719956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

The staff in Dr. Smith's office is very rude to his patience. I'm sorry that I recommended this office. Once they take your money, they treated you like you are a welfare care. They don't realize that we are their bread and butter. Wonder if Dr. Smith knows how his staff treats his patience. would never recommend his office again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2711450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I saw several doctors in Las Vegas and even started considering California before seeing Dr. Smith. I was blown away with Dr. Smith's concepts and understanding in comparison with other doctors. Other doctors in the area were more about getting you in and out. A lot also tried to force their own ideas of how big is better and made you question your own thoughts. Dr. Smith provided support and knows that plastic surgery is not only a science but an art form. His experience helps in determining what kind of implant and what kind of placement is right for the patient. Not only is his compassion, experience, and vision what makes him stand out from the rest but his on-site surgical center is a huge bonus. Not only does this feature eliminate operating room costs that most surgeons in the area are charging 1500-2000 for on top of the surgery but this is a huge relief when it comes to those day-of-surgery-nerves. His staff is outstanding as well. Each visit they have provided me with not only their knowledge from experience but genuine compassion. They understand that surgery is a big decision and do the best they can to make you feel comfortable through a sincere relationship with the patient. Not only was my experience great and a relief as to what I hear about other surgeons, but my results have exceeded expectations. The entire process was more than I could have expected and I can't wait to bring in my friends whom have been on the fence about pulling that plastic surgery trigger just as I was!! I love love love everything Dr. Smith and his staff has done for me and it could not have been better money spent!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

My wife and I came in from Vancouver, Canada for a consultation.....she for her first breast augmentation and myself for the new less evasive hair restoration called NEOGRAFT. As a optimal aging doctor myself, I knew the value of doing proper research, so before we decided for my wife, we did a lot of scrapping, battling, negotiating about size, type, doctor for several months. We first looked at the expertise of numerous local cosmetic surgeons, interviewed any friends we had with augmentation work, then did countless hours of internet searches and with Dr. Smith qualifications, his beautiful "before and afters" we decided to venture out of Canada and book a consultation.

Experiencing first hand Dr. Smith's warmth, confidence, desire to help and genuine honest enthusiasm, along with his amazing and helpful staff, such as Jessica, Rose (aka Constance the hugger), Shannon and Desiree, all had such positive, friendly energy that gave that extra "piece of peace"', this along with the fact that several times during our Las Vegas stay we did even more research and asked entertainment staff, servers, hotel employees that appeared to have great augmentation work, we soon realized how many highly recommended Dr. Lane Smith or knew a friend that had work done by Dr. Smith, all had nothing but good things to say. With this we felt very confident and booked to come back two weeks later of December 4th, to start the procedures. (A little tip - stay over the weekend, find a hotel close or one with a kitchenette for ice (bring ice pack), prearrange your rides and expect some solid recouping time.)

When we got home, the research did not stop we read additional reviews for various doctors, compared more "before and afters" and gained even more self assurance of our Dr. Smith decision. On this rating site, we did notice some rare comments around "waiting", which we feel compelled to address, especially after meeting Dr. Lane and his staff. In all our appointments (four in total) we did not notice or observe any excessive wait time and any time we did have was made easier by just bringing a IPAD. The simple fact is, Dr. Smith is very much in demand because he is extremely good at what he does, when needed (or in our case when we had so many questions) he takes the extra time for his patients, and seeing comments like this actually made our choice even clearer.....if there is a wait, it does not mean anything more than he is compassionate and cares "big time" and takes the time to do the best work possible, especially on the surgery day!

On the actual surgery day (December 4th) we both had a new type of nervousness, (especially since it was my wife's first experience with any type of surgery or being "put under"), it's was again very helpful to have a third party to help ease any fears, no matter how close you are to your spouse, it's always nice to have outside confident, warm and experienced reassurance. This type of cosmetic "stage fright" was calmed with the help of of Dr. Smith and his amazing staff, also having a call from the anesthesiologist Dr. Crowley (aka Dr. Feel Good) the night before, and a "positive pep talk", just before surgery, and another phone call the night after the surgery as well as again three days after, all to check-in and ensure no complications, was extremely helpful, a special thanks also goes to Dr. Crowley.

At four days post surgery we went back for another checkin and were personally given specific instructions for our case, a week later now back home all is going well, things are a little tender as to be expected, but getting better every day. We have just sent in our "1 week after" pictures and have received a quick response giving us personalized instructions.

All in all the final view is "they care", and they are "great at what they do". Dr. Smith with his team are artists and the results so far have been AMAZING. This was a very positive, comfortable and satisfying experience that even made us closer as a couple. Thanks to everyone for all you do, you are a truly amazing team and we are forever grateful. Sincerely Dr. Martin & Priti , Canada

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

The first appointment I made with Dr. Smith I waited in the waiting room just to be seen for over two hours, I had other appointments that day that I had to push back because I was so late and I was just about to leave when they finally called me back. I was very agitated that they were so inconsiderate of my time so I didn't have the most positive experience. I finally decided that Dr. Lane Smith was my guy only because of his extensive experience and qualifications. The day of surgery Dr. Smith's staff advised me to be in the office at 11am, the anesthesiologist wanted me to arrive at 10am, again I waited for an hour to be taken back which was very nerve-racking as it was hours before I was to go into surgery. Everyone made me feel safe and comfortable and the surgery went well. My main complaint though is my aftercare. I was literally shoved into a wheelchair and forcefully wheeled out of the office wondering what the heck was going on. I was pissed that I was just woken up and pretty much forced to leave without so much as anyone asking if I felt I was okay to go, my jaw was chattering from coming off the drugs and I cried and screamed the whole way home because I was so angry. I thought that maybe the reason I thought this was because I was still coming off the drugs and I wasn't totally coherent and aware of how long I was awake for but no, my boyfriend told me the nurses called him right after I came out of surgery to say everything went successfully and I needed to rest before I was able to leave---15 minutes later the after care nurse called him and told him I was ready to go.

I have had surgery before and never felt such lack of care from the surgeon or nurses.

I am only 20 days post op and love my results so far so hopefully everything heals and turns out exactly as expected. Despite my aftercare, I would consider Dr. Smith again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2639048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Smith and his team are amazing! I flew in from Canada to have a breast augmentation procedure and everything from my first email until now (I'm only 5 days post op) has been exactly what I needed. Before arriving the patient coordinators Eden and Jessica answered every question I had and made getting all my paperwork and payments beyond easy. I had my consultation the day before my surgery and have never felt more comfortable and accommodated by both Dr. Smith and the staff. He understood exactly the look I wanted to achieve and let me pick not only the incision I wanted but the size of implant as well. His explanations of how the implants are placed helped so much with making my decisions and the process so much easier. The day of surgery the anaesthesiologist Dr. Crowley, who had also called before my trip to reassure me about everything and has called after to check in to make sure I'm doing ok, was comforting and helped keep me relaxed and kept my mind off the surgery before going to sleep. Between both Dr. Smith's amazing work, Dr. Crowley for being so attentive to my needs and both Shannon and Desiree in the office, I don't know if I would ever want to go to anywhere else. Everyone from the entire team treated both myself and my boyfriend with the utmost care and were beyond friendly and helpful throughout my whole process, we're both beyond impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

I had breast augmentation with Dr. Lane Smith and I couldn't be happier!
I was and am 100% confident in Dr. Smith. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient. He takes pride in his work and is a perfectionist. It has only been a couple weeks since my surgery but I am extremely happy with the results and love going to my appointments. Dr. Smith is the best cosmetic surgeon and his staff is so friendly and helpful! I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575750].votes_count ]]