Rate Dr. Sasha Smiljanic

Dr. Sasha Smiljanic's Ratings

Dr. Sasha Smiljanic is compassionate, kind, knowledgeable and always listens to our point of view before sharing his. He is very open to all types of healing therapies and is just fine with the concept of us having a naturopath. "You do your job and I'll do mine." (Our job is to keep the body as healthy as possible, his is to prescribe cancer therapies.) We always feel so positive when coming out of an appointment with him. We've also not had any problems with the front office, to date at least. Although Dr. Sasha is in high demand, he always makes us feel we are of the utmost importance to him. He is also very accessible. My husband is an advanced prostate cancer patient. With Dr. Sasha as part of the team, we hope to be making visits for a very long time...

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sasha was very knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive during the 5 years I visited him. The only draw back was the office staff. Rarely did I ever get the office staff without phoning many times and leaving messages which they did not return. I had to keep calling them until I finally got a warm body. They also changed my appointments to other doctors at the location without notifying me. Very frustrating.

Submitted July 27, 2014 | flag

Staff do not return calls, not compassionate or understanding, seem to be more interested in procedures and lots of paperwork in solving a patient's problem and actually create a lot of time and money wasted for both patients and staff. Filling out a prescription may take several people's time and a lot of stress for the patient. There is no concern for the patients welfare or heath, emphasis is on procedure and a lot of paperwork. He needs a new staff. Dr. himself is a very compassionate, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and understanding man.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

A family member of mine was cared by dr Sasha after dr klimo retired. He is very skillful, smart and answered all of her questions. He is a compassionate dr and values life in the way he communicated with her. He is very personable and we were always happy with him. We had to wait to see him as he was a busy dr as with all specialist. The only one thing he needs to change is his front desk staff at the chemo clinic. They are the rudest staff I have ever met. When my family member was in emerg with an internal bleed and I desperately needed to talk to dr Sasha to ask him whether a procedure was required suggested by our GP and surgeon I was told that dr Sasha was too busy and he had no time to answer my question. The staff are rude and uncompassionate. Dr Sasha if you are reading this please hire new receptionists for the chemo clinic. You need to have staff that are caring and compassionate not staff that are rude and won't look at you when they talk to you. Dr Sasha you are great.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

The receptionist is too busy or absent minded. Forgot twice to make MRI appointments at the Lion's Gate hospital and I ended up in the emergency room as a result of cancer tumors spreading (late start of treatment). However, Dr. Sasha is knowledgable but very busy, I have no complaints about Dr. Sasha. But I would suggest for him to get better office staff as they play an important role in people's lives.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

I would highly recommend Dr Smiljanic. I found him to be a kind and compassionate person.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sasha is very helpful and competent. If he seems rushed it is not Dr. Sasha that is at fault, but an underfunded medical system under current conservative governments.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

I would not recommend Sasha as I was very disappointed and angry at how he treated my husband and our family . He is too busy and he forgets what he has and hasn't told you. Lots of costly delays in making critical referrals. I now also have cancer and I am staying away from Sasha and Lions gate hospital. My life is dependent on a fully engaged doctor and clear paths to necessary services to support a full recovery.

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

I am very disappointed in how Dr. Sasha took care of my Mother. We were referred to him by another doctor and was expecting great things from him. My Mother was very ill and I felt like she was brushed off, not taken care of properly and the must disgusting part, a month after she passed away, his office called asking if my Mother was coming in for her Chemo. treatment. I think that tells you enough on how he is with his patients. Doesn't even check to see if she is still alive or well. I would never go back to him.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Sasha has gone above and beyond on each and every visit. He is knowledgeable, thorough, and personable. He is challenged to be on time for his appointments, but he is worth the wait.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag