Rate Dr. Stuart Yaholnitsky

Dr. Stuart Yaholnitsky's Ratings

Referred by my dentist for assessment. Used fear tactics to pressure me into paying an excessive amount of money for a procedure that I did not need. I am glad I went to another doctor for a second opinion! Avoid this doctor unless you want to pay for something you don't need!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2013

For someone who was afraid of going to the dentist, I have had a very positive experience With Dr. Y. His staff is very friendly and reassuring. The office has very current technology opposed to previous dentist who only did visual checks. Procedures were explained very thoroughly with clear disclosure of cost involved. All options were explained. It is reassuring to know that I was being looked after by a real professional who is very competent with his craft.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

I have complete trust in Dr. Y's work. I had had shoddy work done elsewhere so changed dentists. Staff is so friendly and ready to accomodate my schedule. Dr. Y really listens to my dental issues and addresses them, thoroughly explaining options, if there are any. I have been totally pleased with the dental work that I have had done. I readily recommend him to my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2012

DO NOT USE THIS DENTIST/PRACTICE! They performed a surgery on me that I never needed to have (and sent me for expensive xrays twice that were unnecessary to do). When what looked like a patch started growing through the top and bottom of my gums, I was told that it was normal. When I said I was going to get a second opinion from a peritonitis they just laughed at me and said good luck (I was going to try to see that top peri in the city). I sent pictures to that peritonitis and they got me in right away because of the mess that was made in my mouth (even tho there was a 6 month waiting list). I was told by the peri that what they did has created an “infection breading ground” and that the surgery was unnecessary and needed to be reversed right away. Also, the quote they provided almost doubled when it came time to do my extensive dental work. I do have to say, I did have a great experience with a lady named Carla that worked there. She is the only good thing about that place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2012

Extremely kind, knowledgable, and staff is exceptional. I am able to make short notice bookings. The technology in his office is uptodate. Clean environment and pleasant experience. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I do like Dr Y & the work he does, generally speaking. However, the last time I saw him, while I was lying in the chair before my procedure was to begin, I noticed a fairly large red spatter on the lamp! This was enough to make me never go back, regardless of the work he does. Cannot risk anything like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

I visited Dr. Yholnitsky for two separate specialized issues and had an excellent outcome on both occasions. The work involved very advanced dental care/treatment and required his specialized knowledge and the help of his team. I highly recommend Dr. Yaholnitsky if you require referral specialized care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2011

In 2008 I had fillings replaced. I had severe pain with one of the teeth so had to go to another dentist to get a root canal done for Stuart Yaholnitsky was on holidays. Dr Yaholnitsky did place a crown at a later date on my tooth,insuring me there was a five year warranty. In 2011 I broke a back molar. Again Dr Yaholnitsky was not available for a month to do the repairs on my tooth so I ended up going to another dentist. Who informed me that the crown Dr Yholnitsky performed in 2008 was leaking. I returned to Dr Yholnitsky to have my tooth repaired under warranty. To my surprise I was informed that there was no warranty because I saw another Dentist. Very unprofessional if you ask me. A dealership does not void your warranty on your vehicle if you get your oil changed at another dealership. So why then would a dentist void your warranty when they were not available to see you in the first place. I guess he would rather have seen me suffer for a month until he was able to see me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Yaholnitsky is a skilled dentist who keeps up with current technology, runs a very well equipped office, staffed by competent friendly people. He does not push expensive procedures and is very fair in his dealings with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr. Y and all of his staff are exceptionally knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I've been his patient for 15 years now and think he is the best. He always listens to you. If he does something for you and you are not completely satisfied, he works with you until you are. He has come into the office on a Saturday for me when I had an emergency and, when he was away, he arranged for a colleague of his to see me on short notice on a Sunday. I can't say enough good things about him and the great office atmosphere he has created.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1182672].votes_count ]]