Dr. Christine Lay

Rate Dr. Christine Lay

Dr. Christine Lay's Ratings

I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this kind , brilliant and knowledgeable physician. She's helped me with my brutal and incapacitating migraines which plagued me for my adult life . My migraines have been greatly reduced, since being treated by Dr Lay, I have much more of each day back, thanks to her persistence ,if one thing doesn't work as well as it could have she tries another tack. She practices integrative medicine at it's best. She is an extraordinary physician and person and Toronto is very lucky to have her . Caryn Miller

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I went to see Dr. Lay for chronic migraines. At the time, I was taking a med that worked but only partially. Dr. Lay was sure we could find something better. I agreed to go off the med and also stop taking aceteminophen, which helped with the break-through headaches. There began 6 months of hellish trial and error that resulted in little relief from the pain and scary side effects. At the same time, I was going through a stressful period at work and home so at the end of 6 months I suggested going back on the original med temporarily, until my life was more stable and we could take another run at it. Dr. Lay refused to prescribe it and effectively ‘fired’ me as a patient. After 6 months of following her instructions to the letter, I guess she decided I was non-compliant. No recognition of the havoc created by daily pain. No acknowledgment that a patient should have a say in how their treatment proceeds. Very discouraging experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I had waited for almost 2 years for an appt. with Dr. Lay. I was not disappointed. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate. Dr. Lay has been the only one to know exactly what I suffer with, and came up with a very doable treatment plan. I feel extremely lucky to be in her care, as I have been suffering with migraines for over 20 years...with little care, knowledge or compassion from other MD.s in a variety of fields. She has given me hope. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][401294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

OVER RATED:what is the point of a great reputation when "real"patients aren't even getting an appointment in nearly 2 years due to a lost referral,change in office policy?!Surprised to read patients saying they spoke with Lay's office because they claim they don't call patients back.If someone is irreparably harmed due to incompetent office management,hope they take Lay to court.Thing is,those referrals do make a nice paper trail.Public health care needs to be more accountable to tax payers.No amount of government reviews will enact change unless there's oversight,without civil court.High marks on knowledge since Lay must've earned her reputation,but you need to maintain it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

Never seen A doctor that has absolutely no interest in her patient or in listening to what they have to say.My wife has been going to her for over a year with 0 improvement and Dr. Lay does she really still exist we have not seen or heard from her just the NP that does not return calls. I would not use Dr.Lay at all ever again. She will not even ask you how you are feeling or how you are before signing forms for insurance companies.So those of you that wish to use her good luck for those of you that that are thinking about going to her don't .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Lay is a victim of her own reputation. I had to wait 1 1/2 years to get in to see her. Had first appointment where I was impressed with how much she "got" what it's like to live with migraines. Was asked to fill out detailed records of when I had migraines/how intense, which she failed to even ask about at the follow up appointment. The meds she tried me on provided no improvement for my migraines, but very scary side effects. The second and apparently last appointment was very brief. I actually had a migraine during the appointment, could not express or defend myself very well and said so, my report of the lack of improvement was ignored. I was told due to her great popularity, I would not be seeing Dr. Lay again, but only her assistant. When I phoned a month later to again express growing concern about the lack of efficacy of the meds, I was told to stop taking them and "call back in a month or two". Don't bother waiting to see her. Find someone who actually cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

I went to see Dr. Lay because I had a migraine every day for over 2 months. She was incredibly rude and insensitive. She made me feel like I was wasting her time. She told me she was to busy to see me again but to follow up with her NP. I found her NP to be unknowledgeable and unprofessional. Plus I had waited months to see a specialist not a NP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Dr Lay is amazing. I have seen so many doctors about cluster headaches and migraines and it was so nice to sit with her and have her set up such a thorough plan for me. She was punctual, and saw me right through her personal meeting that she was suppose to leave for. She really took the time to understand fully and assess me properly and treated me holistically. She came up with a supplement plan to prevent another attack. She is outstanding and I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

She helped me considerably with migraines with aura. I am very grateful to have finally gotten the help I needed. She was very kind and asked all the right questions and pulled the case together for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2011

In the years that I've suffered from daily migraines, I've seen countless headache "specialists", both allopathic and holistic. I've tried every treatment under the sun. Dr Lay is in a league of her own. Her knowledge is vast. Her approach encompasses a wide array of lifestyle changes. She looks at the "whole picture." She instills great confidence. Dr Lay has given me hope.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][401288].votes_count ]]