Rate Dr. Jeremy M. Thomas

Dr. Jeremy M. Thomas's Ratings

Dr. Thomas and his staff are rude and arrogant, and not very competent.

Dr. Thomas dispensed new orthotics to me which were set up with a /14" lift on the right leg in spite of me having told him my left leg was the short leg. He rudely insisted it was the right leg that was short in spite of me showing him 4 sets of orthotics from other doctors. He said they were all wrong. I went to another podiatrist and got a prescription for an Xray measurement of my leg length which showed that indeed the left leg is ~ 1/4" shorter than right leg.

In a follow up visit to their office and in talking with their office manager, I explained that because of Dr. Thomas' arrogant, rude, and bullying manner, and because of the lack of confidence in his judgement, there was no way I could continue working with them on my new orthotics and just wanted to return them and get our $150 pre-payment back. The office manager said there was nothing she could do because I had signed a legal agreement that said they didn't have to accept a return of the orthotics for any reason. And, she continued to insist, in spite of my many challenges, that the original measurement they had done, showing my right leg was the one a 1/4" short, was correct. She concluded the conversation by saying we were at an impasse and there was no point in discussing it further.

My experience was very consistent with the negative experiences that many other folks have reported.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I had a similar experience as the person who was not happy with their (very expensive) orthotics. Dr Thomas got very angry and told me I was going to have to pay for shipping to have them sent back and remade. When I questioned that he told me they were guaranteed for a month...he ripped them out of my hand and stormed off, very childishly! I think he has his mom collecting money from people. She called me in a little office (prior to this visit) and closed the door and told me, "If you don't pay your bill in full, you do not get to see the doctor!" I have never been treated like this in ANY other doctors office in my life!!! Very nasty people and the Dr & his MOM are all out for the MONEY!!!!!! And its probably his MOM writing the few good reviews that he did get!!! Seriously, go to anyone else...other than Jeremy Thomas!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Doctor Thomas is unresponsive to his patients. The office administrator is rude and acts more like a collection agency than a healthcare professional. Dr. Thomas is more interested in money than patient care. Dr Thomas refused to see me at an appointment because insurance had not paid for my visit to him two weeks before. The insurance claim had not even been processed by BCBS. I would not recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone. I am in the medical profession and will be spreading the news not to use Dr. Thomas

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

I had questions about my bill & was unhappy about the results I was having and called the office. The person I spoke with said she would speak to the dr and get back to me. No one ever did, so I just waited until my scheduled appt. Explained my situation to the front desk girl and she was going to have someone speak to me. I was called into a tiny office by an older woman who shut the door and told me that if I did not pay my bill, I would not see the doctor. Told her I called about this and never heard back. She replied nastily "that person is no longer with us". Was picking up my prepaid for orthotics, so I paid the bill (which was a a large amount) I then was called in by the doctor and tried to tell him how I was treated by this woman and about my bill and he not so nicley said "I am the doctore I donot discuss bills, but do you think you can see me for free?? I could not believe the way that this office was treating me and told him that. He told me he has plenty of patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

I never write reviews but I feel compelled to write this one. I had my first appointment with Dr. Thomas on Friday and let me say, I was very impressed. Unlike other doctors, I was escorted to the waiting room within minutes. Dr. Thomas listened to my concerns and went over the procedure he was going to perform that day and went into detail a long term plan for my foot. He accepted my insurance and I made an appointment for my husband on the way out of the office (he's a runner and has ankle issues). I am thoroughly impressed with the care I was given and the professional demeanor of his staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. Thomas was VERY helpful with extremely painful plantar fasciitis in both feet. His knowledge and expertise allowed me to be in a significantly less amount of pain in just 2 weeks. He also gave me a suggestion for an insert that would last over 10 years and informed me of the insurance help so I would be aware of (minimal) cost. He was very friendly and explained everything he was doing in regards to my feet. I will certainly recommend Dr. Thomas to others!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

On my first visit Dr. Thomas and his staff was very friendly and helpful. The following visits were very different and he was even defensive when I questioned his treatment plan for me. I found the boot I purchased from his office online for half the price he charged me. Then he charged me for a well visit just to pick up my orthotics. I understand that doctors have to make a living too, but I spent over $500 in three visits. I don't mind paying for good care, but in my opinion he is an average doctor with an above average ego. I still have the heel pain to prove it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr Thomas botched 2 surgeries on my broken heel. The 1st surgery failed because the screws came out. In the 2nd surgery he used the wrong size anchor. He had no idea how to heal the wound which was caused in part by his using a dated surgical procedure. He overcharged for a boot, $600 for a boot that I got at Duke for $150. To me he is overconfident and not as skilled as needed. I would NOT go to him for anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Thomas only seems to care about making a buck. He charges for every little thing. For example I went in to just pick up my shoe inserts and was charged for an office visit. I once went in to express my disappointment with my inserts not being delivered on the date that he promised and he charged me another office visit. He also charged me $100 on my initial visit even though I had a zero dollar copay. When my inserts, that he ordered, finally arrived and were not the correct ones he said that was not his fault and took none of the responsibility for them being wrong. He was willing to take a look at them but I would have to pay for another office visit. He mentioned that he had a 100% success rate on dealing with patients with my same problem but he didn't fix mine. I will be seeking a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

My husband (Bernie)has had many sergeries and was not looking forward to seeing another doctor. Dr. Jeremy Thomas was awsome from the moment we met him. He is on top of his game and makes you feel confident in his ability right from the start. Bernie and I would recommend him to anyone for all their foot & ankle needs. Trust is the first thing this doctors ensue's. 5 star plus...A+ service. We were new to the area and would like to advise you to choose this doctor when looking for someone. I would love to give out my contact information so folks could call...but I'm sure that is frowned upon. Please hear what I am saying and pick this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][401788].votes_count ]]