Dr. Parminder Sethi

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 16/08/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Parminder Sethi has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Parminder Sethi
Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

11/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 3657783
16/01/14 5 5 5 5 Excellant Medical Doctor. Knowledgable, courteous and very nice person. My surgery went far better than I excepted. Thank you Dr. Sethi.  Respond
RID: 2886967
30/09/13 5 4 5 5 I have interacted with Dr. Sethi over the last three months. Over that time period I have made several office visits and had "minor" surgery performed. His staff has always been very helpful. They have been courteous and provided useful information on how to proceed. Dr. Sethi has been professional and generous with his time to be sure that I understand his diagnoses, treatment plans, results and recommendations. I feel comfortable with recommending him to friends and family.
RID: 2861738
18/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Sethi is an excellent Urologist, visited me in hospital, to surgery, stopped bleeding tumor, tissue sample, diagnosed. Has excellent bedside manners, sincere, sympathetic to needs. Excellent follow up, would recommend to anyone.
RID: 2822877
29/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sethi is extremely knowledge about my medical problem. I feel very fortunate to have him as my Urologist. His staff is very polite and makes me feel very comfortable while in his office.  Respond
RID: 2404557
18/08/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Sethi gave a generous amount of time listening to my concerns and symptoms before my physical exam. He did not repeat tests that had been recently completed by another Dr. He gave me a clear course of action to manage my female bladder problem and also explained very helpful non-medicated exercises and psychological methods. My experience with Dr. Sethi was above my expectations and I highly recommend him and his efficient staff.
RID: 1572591
27/10/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Perminder Sethi, at Pacific Urology, by my family doctor to investigate a diagnosis related to urology. Dr. Sethi conducted relevant diagnosis with due diligence and patiently answered all questions. He recently completed a successful exploratory laparotomy operation. Dr. Sethi was very considerate, responsive, and kept me well-informed before and after the operation. The Pacific Urology office staff were efficient and knowedgeable. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Sethi and Pacific Urology for relevant diagnosis and procedures. Anita Gupta October 27, 2011
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1420459
19/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sethi helped me through testicular cancer. He did the surgery and follow up treatment. He has also helped me with several kidney stones. I felt like my care mattered to him and his staff. Sometimes the office was busy, but I never felt like he rushed his treatment. Very professional, yet easy to talk to. Dr. Sethi explained my diagnosis and treatment at a level I could understand. Highly Recommended.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1416055
14/04/11 5 4 5 5 I had a very good experience with Dr. Sethi. I ended up in the emergency room where I was diagnosed with a kidney stone too large to pass. The doctor inserted a stint into the kidney to push back the stone and relieve the pressure on my kidney, then arranged a CWLS procedure a few days later. He went to bat for me with an initially uncooperative insurance company. Dr. Sethi was very professional and compassionate in providing medical treatment, and extremely responsive to my concerns and questions. I visited the doctor in both his Livermore and San Ramon offices, and found his technicians and staff to be very efficient, helpful, and cordial. I strongly recommend Dr. Sethi as a urologist…good guy.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1400898
29/03/11 5 5 5 5 THE VERY BEST! VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, COMPASSIONATE, A CALMING PRESENCE.
RID: 1322476
28/12/10 4 4 5 5 A very good experience with Dr. Sethi. My problem was kidney stones. He went about treatment methodically using a stent to begin with to help drain the kidney which was blocked. Then later applied lippotripsy to break up the stones.
RID: 1285929
03/11/10 5 5 5 5 Vasectomy: My wife and I decided after our second child to have a Vasectomy. Dr. Sethi was extremely informative and the procedure couldn't have gone better. I recommend any man who is thinking about getting a Vasectomy to call Dr. Sethi.
RID: 1273863
18/10/10 5 5 5 5 Very efficient and comfortable outpatient surgery. Dr. Sethi is a great combination of being technically adept yet personable.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1230536
17/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sethi is punctual, efficient, and truly listens to my concerns. He is everything I want in a doctor. His staff is friendly and very helpful. Their office made a scheduling error. I showed up on the date and time they told me, but I was not in thier computer. His staff quickly corrected the error accomidated me. I only waited 5 minutes to see the doctor.
RID: 1174257
21/05/10 5 5 5 5 I was quite pleased with the biopsy technique of Dr. Sethi. I fully recommend him for prostate cancer.
RID: 1135346
24/03/10 4 5 5 5 I had urinary problems and was not having good luck with my existing Dr. I was referred to Dr Sethi by one of my friends in Dec. of 2008. Initially I was reluctant since it was 50 miles away from my work which would be inconvenient. However, I decided to see Dr Sethi and I was very impressed with one appointment with him. He suggested me to do prostate biopsy but I was nervous as it might hurt and might be painful. However contrary to my belief, it was totally painless. He diagnosed my problem and found prostate cancer. Dr Sethi advised me with treatment plan. I have been under his care since then and I am feeling good and happy. I am glad I made decision to see him. He was available to answer my questions 24X7 on phone after treatment. I will recommend him to my nears and dears for any urology problem. His office staff is very courteous and helpful.
RID: 1130990
18/03/10 5 5 5 5 Wonderful physician-we followed him from his previous employer in Modesto, CA and now commute to San Ramon, CA to continue treatments for bladder cancer and have routine check-ups. We absolutely adore Dr. Sethi, and would recommend him to any individual. Very thorough, innovative, and discussed all of our treatment options when my husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer.
RID: 1128265
15/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sethi is a very knowledgable physician with a wonderful "bed-side" manner. I felt that he listened to my concerns and took them into consideration when making recommendations for my treatment plan. Just a very nice man!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1122345
07/03/10 5 4 4 5 I recommend Dr. Sethi. Well educated, takes pride in his work. Has done me good with lithotropsy & tumor ablation. Thinks about me every day when deciding what to do about my complicated case. Confers with other experts in kidney care, uses up to date procedures. I advise writing down what he tells you unless your memory is still excellent. Assistants are good & kind. Surgery coordinator knows her stuff & does well. Office once had serious phone trouble for a couple of days, with no message to console patients.
RID: 1095607
02/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sethi is both very knowledgeable, and kind. He was able to diagnose and successfully treat a condition that many other doctors had missed. I am extremely grateful that I found Dr. Sethi, and would not hesitate to refer him to my loved ones. Thank you Dr. Sethi:)  Respond
RID: 1094089
31/01/10 5 4 5 5 Had problems wetting my underwear all the time,always changing ,changed underwear 10-15 times daily. Tried several medications and they did not work. Referred to Dr Sethi and he implanted a InterStim iCon in my upper hip to regulate my bladder..and he changed my life... I love it..Now I change underwear 3- 4 time a day which great for me..Thanks DR Sethi ...Barbara Tucker