Rate Dr. Sean Pierre

Dr. Sean Pierre's Ratings

I hereby repeat my request to retract the posting that I made on Aug. 12 2014 concerning my experience having a hydrocele removed by Dr. Pierre. I submitted that posting hastily, in consideration of the pain and frustration that I experienced during my treatment. However, I did not give proper consideration for the considerable knowledge and expertise that Dr. Pierre does have, and the reality that Mother Nature cannot be expected to always cooperate with even the best medical treatment. My comments regarding Dr. Pierre being a pompous, insecure, over-bearing, egotistical fool, implying that a higher level of knowledge was necessary, and suggesting cavalier ignorance, was totally uncalled for and wrong. It was prompted by emotion rather than reason. I apologize for that. After further consideration, it is I who did not have the knowledge and who has been a fool. In reality, Dr. Pierre is a highly skilled professional who gave me the best treatment possible. It was not at all his fault that my initial surgery did not immediately yield the expected result. After he performed further corrective surgery, I made a full recovery. I came to this realization shortly after submitting my post but was unable to remove it. I contacted the administrator for this website and asked that my original posting be removed, but to date they have not done so. As such, I ask readers to disregard my initial posting and instead rely on this considered opinion

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I had a Urologist for years while living in another part of Ontario, who could not or would not do the required surgery to fix my problem. Dr. Pierre got the job done in less than a year and I am back to normal. He explains things very clearly and most importantly he has time to listen to your concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I expected an office visit to meet him and discuss my concerns. I went to the Queensway Carleton hospital for the appointment and I was told to change into gowns and wait. I waited for 1.5 hours in a room until finally I was brought into an operating room with two nurses who told me they were going to prep me. I was expecting a consult, not a cystoscopy. Pierre came booming in firing off questions at me which I had no time to properly address. Mr. EGO’s questions were very personal, which I did not expect to discuss in front of an audience after meeting three of them for the first time. There was no respect for me; it was all about how important and busy Dr. Pierre is!!! It lasted no more than 5 minutes and he closed with: Well less work for me and walked out. I spent 1.5 hours waiting to have a discussion and got 5 minutes of “Mr. Important”. Where are the caring Doctors!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][402099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

Dr Pierre took the time to show me exactly what had to be done. He used diagrams and charts. His bedside manner was the best I've ever come across. Whne he gives me an appointment at 9:15, I am seen at 9:15. He is simply "THE BEST"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2013

After reading other comments I thought to include my own. Dr. Pierre has looked after me for afew years now and I really have only positive things to say. He shows concern and attention to me as a person and I feel confident in his care. I did not recognise these negative comments written by another patient, something doesnt ring true. I have various tests and appointments and always, when they hear I am Dr. Pierres patient, they remark on his dedication and quality of care. Oh, and he does have a great sense of humour which I do appreciate..thanks doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Pierre is a throwback to the days when doctors took time to listen and address the concerns of patients. Notwithstanding his busy schedule , he made me feel as if I was his only patient. Always on time and always prepared he is a credit to the current world of impersonal medical care. The fact that the hospital nurses complained about the extra work they had to do because of his demands for thoroughness says loads.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

I just had a quick scan with Dr. Pierre to check my bladder. I was very impressed with both him and his staff. I found him to be very personable and passionate as well as generous with advice concerning a number of medical issues. He is certainly an asset to the medical community and many could learn "exam table side manner" from him. One of the best I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with many. Thank you Dr. Pierre.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2012

Not well organized; sending the referal to the incorrect medical office delayed treatment by a month. He demonstarted a lack of compassion or we touched on his insecurities; when it appeared he felt we were challenging his advice (asking clarification) he started to rant reciting medical facts in a loud annoyed voice. During this 5-10 minute rant He became insulting and would not let us speak. He would just speak louder to shut us up. One of the key take home messages from this rant was he did not care about what we decided to do or what we thought (he said I don't care no less that five times). He clearly felt treatened and acted like a child. We need a doctor we can talk to and he is not the one. This happened on three separate occasions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][402094].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

A wonderful Doctor, very serious about his speciality but extremely down to earth when explaning your procedure and involves your family. Excellent bedside manner and definately cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2012

Dr. Pierre was outstanding in my care recently. He pulled all previous notes on my medical conditions, reviewed them thoroughly & consulted with many other Dr's regarding my particular case & the best way to provide me with the care required to cure my kidney cancer. Every single time I met with him, if it was in his office or in the hospital, he was patient, kind & considerate & extremely knowledgeable about my situation. His bedside manner is the BEST I have ever seen. He is quick by foot, but devotes the time needed to ensure his patients fully understand their situation. He would spend 45 mins speaking with my husband & I, not just about my case, but about life in general. I am so grateful that I was refered to him. My only regret is that hs is not a family practitioner! I will continue to be monitored by Dr. Pierre over the next little while. But for the rest of my life, I will never forget him or the care he provided to me. Thank you Dr. Pierre. PD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][402092].votes_count ]]