You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Gooderham

Dr. Peter Gooderham's Ratings

Dr Gooderham is great. His assistant , Christine, however, is a complete nomind. My surgery went great and I am happy to say I am fully recovered, to spite the fact Christine's attitude almost had me looking for a different surgeon a month before my surgery date was booked. She constantly forgot to contact me to book an appointment; she fabricated conversations I know for a fact I did not have with her. I feel bad for Christine as she does seem to have some legitimate issues, however a simple cleaning of her desk might just do wonders. Everytime I was in there it seemed she was struggling to find information in her pile of paperwork between her floor and desk.

I don't know how others could have thought she was friendly, perhaps they did not have the misfortune of being yelled at after one of her "but you don't understand, dear..." Speaches.

Dr Gooderham is worth having to deal with the scattered assistant, as long as you are careful and tread on eggshells around Christine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. Gooderham and Dr. Janjua performed an operation to remove a tumor from my pituitary gland in October, 2014. From the time Dr. Gooderham starting monitoring the tumor a few years ago up until the present, I can say he was excellent in all that he did - with the consultations, sending me for tests and MRI's, the operation and the follow-up. He is professional, very knowledgeable, willing to listen, caring and above all approachable. His assistant, Christine, was so very helpful, friendly and caring. She went way beyond the norm for assisting patients. I cannot thank Dr. Gooderham and Christine enough for all that they did. I look forward with confidence in having Dr. Gooderham continue to monitor my situation and having Christine as a liaison through the next phase of my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2680117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

My family and I do not have enough words to Thank Dr. Gooderham with. My mom was refered to Dr. Gooderham by a neurologist at VGH . My mom had a stroke in June 2014 and we were advised to wait a couple of months before we decide on further actions. The surgery was performed in November 2014 . This was the first time we had experienced a stroke within our family, so he did help with the learning process. His expertise and knowledge was excellent. He was able to answer all our concerns and questions. He performed an intensive surgery on my mother as she was diagnosed with MoyaMoya. Although the surgery took longer than expected, Dr.Gooderham still made the effort to come see my family after the surgery to advise us as to how the surgery went. His Kindness and supportive staff (Christine in particular) were amazing. He truly does care about his patients and is attentive in ensuring both his patient and family members understand the proceedure and risks associated with the surgery. We cannot thank Dr. Gooderham enough.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2659650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

Nothing but praise for his knowledge and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr Gooderham was excellent. His receptionist does not have the best people and seems constantly flustered although well meaning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558042].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Dr. Gooderham removed a huge cyst from my head on the May 29th 2014
The cyst was sitting in a very bad spot pressing on my brain and my eyes.
The surgery was a success and my vision was safe.
I can't thank Dr. Peter Gooderham enough for his kindness, understanding and professionalism.
He explained the operation thoroughly, and what to expect.
He truly cares about his patients and goes "beyond" to help them even after surgery.
He is very professional and always takes the time to answer all my questions.
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful doctor in Vancouver Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Certainly the most arrogant and rude doctor I have ever had to deal. You ask him can you have a minute of his time to listen to what you have have to say and he tells you he doesn't have time. It is just unbelievable.I wished I had recorded the conversation I had with him, knowledgeable but doesn't care about the impact of his disposition on the Vancouver Hospital that he works for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Our family can not say enough good words about Dr Peter Gooderham. He removed a meningioma tumour from a very critical area on the brain by the optic nerve on my mother. He saved her from losing sight in her left eye and possibly saved her life. She has healed well and follow up MRI reveals that he removed all the tumour. We know for a fact he got the bulk of it. He is friendly, caring informative and professional. He takes the time to follow up on his patients and even personally called my mom on the telephone to check on her since we live a distance away from Vancouver BC. Yes he's also strikingly handsome. His receptionist Christine is also very friendly and caring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][403035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2014

My wife, Annamie had a stroke while working at Nanaimo Regional Hospital and was taken to Emergency on Family Day, February 11, 2013. Dr. Colbourne of North Nanaimo Medical Clinic took a look at her MRI results and arranged for a referral to the Stroke Recovery Unit at VGH. Subsequent tests performed at Victoria General Hospital led to a diagnosis of Moyamoya http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/moyamoya/moyamoya.htm and a referral to Dr. Gooderham. Two further tests were performed at Nuclear Medicine, Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, B.C. and another MRI at Nanaimo NRGH. Dr. Gooderham wanted more detailed results so an angiogram was performed December 5, 2013. At this point we are following Dr. Gooderham's excellent advice to "wait, see, observe and report any other symptoms or occurrences" with a follow up MRI next summer... Our thanks to all involved, especially Christine, his receptionist and secretary for all her help regarding accommodations and travel from Nanaimo to Vancouver

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][403034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2013

Dr.Peter Gooderham is amazing,professional,very handsome and kind. He genuinely cares. I had my Brain Tumor removed on the 29th and he got almost all of it.He came to check on me and I don't know how but he went above and beyond by getting me private rooms which I would never have been able to have. I am so grateful to him and even though it will be quite the recovery he saved my life in a lot of ways. He is amazing if you need work and get him...you are seriously meeting the right man.I still owe him a handmade card but it'll take some time. He gave me hope most importantly that we may not have to even check on it eventually because they got so much of the Epidermoid cyst that was among many nerves and in a bad stop pressing on my brain stem..he was the most wonderful present I could have asked for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][403033].votes_count ]]