Rate Dr. Fred W. Crock

Dr. Fred W. Crock's Ratings

Dr. Crock has been treating me for five years after having a stent put in for a previously undiagnosed major blockage. I've had issues tolerating statins (muscle cramps and pain) and he has worked with me and my internal medicine doctor to get me to a much better place with clearly better results. Dr. Crock takes significant time to explain alternatives, re-reads my medical record for background at each visit, and is effective. I agree that Oakland is a pain to get to, but the quality of knowledge and care is superior. I'll put up with parking issues to improve my overall health and have someone who is willing to listen and tailor medications that are both effective and tolerable. Dr. Crock is someone I respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1183901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Dr. Crock took care of my mother's heart condition for over 8 years. She had fluctuated between assisted living and nursing homes/hospitals. Without his supervision of my mother's condition, we would have lost her long ago. My mother passed away from another condition unrelated to her heart in Jan, 2006. My family and I enjoyed much extra time with our mover/loved one because he supervised her heart condition/watched that outside medications did not conflict with her heart condition. His office manner is super. Either he or Tara return calls or concerns in a timely fashion. My mother always looked forward to her wheel chair van trip into Pittsburgh for her check-ups with Dr. Crock. I always accompanied her, and we ate lunch at the caftertia before going back to her residence. Just found out that some labwork I had indicates a few heart concerns. I thought about who I should consult, but did not think too long about this subject--will make an appt with Dr. Crock very soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1183900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2008

Dr. Crock is very approachable and puts you at ease in an already stressful situation; you wouldn't be seeing a cardiologist if you didn't need to. He is very patient and takes time to answer questions. Dr. Crock is very knowledgeable about the cardiovascular system and never lectures. He has been very good at motivating me to make changes on my own and actually recognizes and congratulates me on my success. The staff at the UPMC cardiovascular institute is good; Dr. Crock's nurse practitioner is excellent. Dr. Crock or Tara returns calls promptly, usually within the day. I sent my elderly father to Dr. Crock and he has improved a great deal under his care. Going into Oakland is a hassle, but it's worth it to see Dr. Crock.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1183899].votes_count ]]