Rate Dr. Peter Doris

Dr. Peter Doris's Ratings

Dr. Doris may be regarded as a fine surgeon, but with me (a breast cancer patient) he was arrogant (his only comment being, "yeah it occurs 98% of the time on the left" after asking me to show the lump), and incapable. My breast cancer was very close to the surface of the skin and after surgery he told me "thought" he had excised all of the tumor but "couldn't be sure" because he could not recall exactly where the tumor was in relation to the skin! Having worked in an Oncology wing of a hospitals before, I know doctors should have a FAR better understanding of margins (location of the outer extensions of the tumor) than he apparently did. He himself told me that, as a result of him "losing his place" I had to have radiation treatment in the event he had missed some of the tumor - outrageous!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2012

amazing doctor very knoledgeable and helpful. He explained everything very clear

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr Peter Dosis performed colon cancer surgery on me one year ago. Much to my delight I'm now discharged by the B.C. Cancer Agency and reported to be cancer free. Although I encountered a few glitches in our medical system I credit the experience, high skill and professional conduct of Dr. Peter Doris and his staff for my successful secovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Dr. Peter Doris is an exceptional surgeon. Anyone who gets to see him as their surgeon is a very lucky patient. He has provided me nothing but the best care and information I could ever hope for. I have seen him for more than 25 years with various surgeries along the way. Selfishly, I dread the time when he will decide to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr.Doris. Ten years ago he properly diagnosed breast cancer after being misdiagnosed for 18 months and then performed my mastectomy. 3 months after chemo he performed a difficult pancreatic surgery. He explains everything clearly and kindly and is very knowledgable in his field. Other doctors have commented on how great my scars are! My mastectomy scar is particularily thin.I reccommend Dr. Doris to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2011

Dame good doctor he made getting cut open easy and my down time was easy to get over and his staff >>> the best also

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2011

He took out my gall bladder (not blatter) in 1999. He did a wonderful job. The scar is barely visible. He was kind, and had me in the OR within 10 days.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

He could use a bath. I hear that there is high incidence of infection in his surgery patients. Otherwise, he is nice enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2010

A wonderful person, with a great attitude and strong belief of general anesthetics not needed to be used. I never felt a thing and he is amazing. I would recomend him to my best freind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

I was referred to see Dr. Doris after finding a lump in my breast. I was in the hospital the following week. Since I didn't have a general and a local only, we were able to talk during the entire procedure. I felt completely at ease with him. As if I had known him for years...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184133].votes_count ]]