Dr. Sylvia Nicholson

Rate Dr. Sylvia Nicholson

Dr. Sylvia Nicholson's Ratings

Please try and find someone else. She made my husband really uncomfortable so that he did not want to attend appointments, she made really mean comments constantly about my weight. She took something that was supposed to an amazing and joyful first baby experience and made me feel like a horrible parent and person well before my child ever came into this world. I thought this was just my experience but I have a friend who tells me she cries every time she leaves an appointment with her, and several husbands whose wives used Sylvia tell me the same thing, that they were made to feel very uncomfortable. I went with a midwife because I wanted a natural and supportive experience and I feel like instead I picked out a "mean girl" to hang out with for a year.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Sylvia is a great midwife! She's full of knowledge and I feel so confident with her catching my babies. Sylvia isn't the type to hold your hand the whole time but rather it's your pregnancy and she there to guide you on your journey. She won't sugar coat things yet she's very caring and tender. Both my experiences with her amazing!

Submitted June 3, 2014 | flag

My experience with Sylvia was horrific. My birth plan was not followed, she argued with me, and left me unattended. She disagreed with negative GB results from my OB and didn't send me for additional testing. My urine tests at every visit were negative. After 12 hours my labour had slowed. I was laying down without any suggestion to get up and moved around. Her judgement was clouded by her personal opinions rather then the test results. As result I was scared into an unnecessary csection. There was no communication during labour especially the decision to have surgery. Her comments were "I wasn't in the room". She didn't notice that the baby was posterior which was the result of the slow labour. I found her care to be extremely disappointing and her accountability was inexcusable when confronted. I will never recommend her and will not be using her services for my second birth.

Submitted June 11, 2013 | flag

I went with Sylvia because I wanted a natural experience with my second child but what I found was very unsatisfying. She gave me a lot more tests than I had wit an ob and I soon came to dread the appointments. I finally switched practices at 32 weeks.

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

Sylvia is amazing. We had the most amazing experience with her. We had a hospital birth, she made it very comfortable and helped work thru the contractions. She is so knowledgeable, I was so confident with her care. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I can't say enough good things about her!

Submitted Jan. 19, 2013 | flag

Sylvia is an amazing woman and midwife. She delivered my first two babies at home and I always felt that I had the best care. She offers so much knowledge and support for you to make informed decisions. She's awesome!

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

I went with sylvia with my second child. It made me realize how much I missed out on with my first child. The level of care is outstanding with Sylvia. I felt like we were her priority and actually cried on our last check up with her because she made such a tremendous impact on our baby and on me. I would never recommend anyone BUT Sylvia and will be going to her for our next child!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2011 | flag

Sylvia is amazing!! I have had 2 children with her and would never have gone with anyone else, she is knowledgable, understanding and never leaves your side :) Cant wait to be with her again when we have our next child :) Highly highly reccomended!!

Submitted July 19, 2011 | flag

AMAZING....was there through it all, felt very safe and well looked after. Highley recommend. extremly knowledgable and compassionate. Sylvia delivered our first child and i will definitly be going to her for my second.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2010 | flag

Sylvia Nicholson is an excellent Midwife. She really knows everything about pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. Her midwifery care is beyond any prenatal care you receive from OBs or GP. If you want the best care throughout your pregnancy and birth then find her the moment you find out you're pregnant! She books up fast. What I loved most about her is that she offers you information and options, so that you can make your own informed choice.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2009 | flag