Rate Dr. Roy Mathews

Dr. Roy Mathews's Ratings

Dr. Mathews corrected my arthritic bunion and within 2 weeks I was back in my runners. An orthopedic surgeon was going to fuse my joint and said i would never run again. I can now jog pain free and the joint moves 200% better than before. Great result and highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Mathews. He made me a beautiful orthotic so I could continue all my sports (pain free!) while a broken bone healed, and has done bunion surgery on both my feet which have both been very successful. Nice and friendly disposition of his doesn't hurt the experience either!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Great doc! Cured my plantar fasciitis with new orthotics and one laser session, I am back running again!
Also did my mother in law's bunion surgery last year and she was very happy.
Thanks Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Mathews did my bunion surgery last year and treated me recently for heel pain.
The bunion surgery went as explained by Dr. Mathews and I was back running in 5 weeks. The bunion looks and feels great now.
The heel pain did not resolve with orthotics so Dr. Mathews used a laser and after 2 treatments the pain was gone. What a relief and the laser is amazing. I would highly recommend Dr. Mathews, he explains everything very well and really cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I would suggest looking around before choosing Dr. Mathews. He's distracted, arrogant, rushed, and spends much of the appointment imparting how intelligent he is while dismissing or putting down other Doctors or clinics. Absolutely do not recommend. Other podiatrists have the same technology for making custom orthotics and I found another Dr. who was far more approachable and actually solved my foot issues (PF / heel pain). Dr. Mathews looked at my feet once, and not on either of the follow up appointments when his $600 orthotics still gave me pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2358244].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Matthews for burning in my feet. In both appointments he appeared rushed and came to conclusions too quickly without further investigations. In the first appointment he gave me a cortisone shot and in the next he diagnosed me with a foot fungus without looking at the soles off my feet and prescribed a fungal cream. I later saw another specialist who accurately diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy. I had high hopes for this podiatrist but I wouldn't recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][407081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

I suffered with osteoarthritis in both feet for several years. Walking/hiking was painful and putting on footwear also caused pain. Dr. Mathews assessed my feet and identified compressed joints in the big toe of both feet. I elected surgery and Dr. Mathews decompressed the joint of the big toe left foot on October 12, 2010, followed by the right toe in January of 2011. Electing surgery was the best decision I could have made. It is now roughly 3 years that I have been pain free. Both feet now feel completely normal and I can participate in any activity that I choose. I should add that I found Dr. Mathews to be professional, knowledgeable, skillful, and in possession of a "good bedside manner." Thank you Dr. Mathews.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][407078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

I naively placed my trust in Dr. Matthews. He misdiagnosed my toe problem, operated in his office (!)and did inadequate follow-up care. I was in agony, had insufficient pain medication and have had foot pain and mobility ever since. I deeply regret seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][407077].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

I was being hobbled by an inflamed metatarsal join in my left foot. Dr. Mathews assessed me and had orthodics made. I was skeptical that it would work and at first it didn't seem to help much. I went back to Dr. Mathews after wearing the orthdics for about 4 weeks and he made some adjustments. 2 weeks later I was pain-free. I can now play tennis, run and even wear high heal shoes again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][407076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2012

I had tri-correctional bunionectomy by Dr. Mathews 6 months ago. I am pleased overall with the improvement in foot function and pain reduction. It is a big surgery which I did not undertake lightly, especially as I lived out of town for surgery and follow up appts. I found Dr. Mathews to be honest, helpful and capable. I would recommend this surgery to others, if performed by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][407075].votes_count ]]