Rate Dr. Roy Mathews

Dr. Roy Mathews's Ratings

I would suggest looking around before choosing Dr. Mathews. He's distracted, arrogant, rushed, and spends much of the appointment imparting how intelligent he is while dismissing or putting down other Doctors or clinics. Absolutely do not recommend. Other podiatrists have the same technology for making custom orthotics and I found another Dr. who was far more approachable and actually solved my foot issues (PF / heel pain). Dr. Mathews looked at my feet once, and not on either of the follow up appointments when his $600 orthotics still gave me pain.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Matthews for burning in my feet. In both appointments he appeared rushed and came to conclusions too quickly without further investigations. In the first appointment he gave me a cortisone shot and in the next he diagnosed me with a foot fungus without looking at the soles off my feet and prescribed a fungal cream. I later saw another specialist who accurately diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy. I had high hopes for this podiatrist but I wouldn't recommend him to others.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

I suffered with osteoarthritis in both feet for several years. Walking/hiking was painful and putting on footwear also caused pain. Dr. Mathews assessed my feet and identified compressed joints in the big toe of both feet. I elected surgery and Dr. Mathews decompressed the joint of the big toe left foot on October 12, 2010, followed by the right toe in January of 2011. Electing surgery was the best decision I could have made. It is now roughly 3 years that I have been pain free. Both feet now feel completely normal and I can participate in any activity that I choose. I should add that I found Dr. Mathews to be professional, knowledgeable, skillful, and in possession of a "good bedside manner." Thank you Dr. Mathews.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2014 | flag

I naively placed my trust in Dr. Matthews. He misdiagnosed my toe problem, operated in his office (!)and did inadequate follow-up care. I was in agony, had insufficient pain medication and have had foot pain and mobility ever since. I deeply regret seeing him.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

I was being hobbled by an inflamed metatarsal join in my left foot. Dr. Mathews assessed me and had orthodics made. I was skeptical that it would work and at first it didn't seem to help much. I went back to Dr. Mathews after wearing the orthdics for about 4 weeks and he made some adjustments. 2 weeks later I was pain-free. I can now play tennis, run and even wear high heal shoes again.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2012 | flag

I had tri-correctional bunionectomy by Dr. Mathews 6 months ago. I am pleased overall with the improvement in foot function and pain reduction. It is a big surgery which I did not undertake lightly, especially as I lived out of town for surgery and follow up appts. I found Dr. Mathews to be honest, helpful and capable. I would recommend this surgery to others, if performed by him.

Submitted May 26, 2012 | flag

I had Bunion surgery 18 months ago, I had a screw inserted and when I went back to get the screw out he couldn't do this, he tried for over an hour so I had to go back and someone else helped get the screw out. My big toe was so straight and it never touched the floor. I have not been able to wear my beautiful shoes in eighteen months. I found another doctor who is competent and knows what he's doing. I had surgery two weeks ago with this doctor who has corrected my big toe. I had a gap between my big toe and the next one so wide it looked like I had a toe missing. I have had to go through all the pain again, and now I have to have a taylor bunion removed as a result of the cast the first doctor put on. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, he is very arrogant and full of himself. I want my money bak.

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Terrible Dr, he really screwed up my mums foot, she has to have surgery again in a few days, this time with a surgeon who actually knows what he is doing to correct the mess that Dr Mathews made on her foot, please never go to this Dr, he is awful and he is full of himself and he doesn't tell the truth.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

I had serious bunions on both feet and was very lucky to find Dr. Mathews. I got an appointment within a couple of weeks and was scheduled for surgery within a couple of months (usual waiting time where I live - 1 to 2 years). Dr. Mathews is very open and takes time to explain everything - he responds to e-mails often in less then a day. Both surgeries took place in the clinic under local anaesthetic which fit me perfectly. Advice before the surgery, the procedure itself and after care were perfect. I had hardly any pain and had both feet done within 6 months. My duck feet are gone. Thank you, Dr. Mathews.

Submitted May 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mathews performed bunion surgery on one foot in 2002 and the other in 2005. I was up and excercising within 5 weeks and have not had any problems since the surgeries. I can wear shoes without orthotics now and am pain free. I recommend him to anyone considering bunion surgery. Initially, I was reluctant to undergo bunion surgery because of the unpleasant experiences that others had told me about. My experience under Dr. Mathews' care was very positive. He was professional, thoroughly explained the procedure, took extensive xrays and provided excellent follow up care.J. Jones

Submitted March 27, 2011 | flag