Dr. Nathan M. Ross

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 12/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Nathan M. Ross has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5215382
28/02/14 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Ross. He has a wonderful bedside manor. Friendly staff and little wait.  Respond
RID: 2548879
02/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ross is a wonderful and knowledgable doctor. I love that he is part of a faith based practice, but that he and his staff never make you feel preached to. They just care for their patients and offer spiritual support as it is needed. I didn't wait very long at all to see him, and he took plenty of time to answer my questions and put me at ease about my future.
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nathan" to "Nathan M."
RID: 1662297
15/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ross has been my ob for years. He is very kind and patient. He is also very knowledgeable, compassionate and empathetic. I have had two pregnancies, a battle with endometriosis as well as interstitial cystitis. Dr. Ross was with me through it all. He ensures that his patients know all their options and the outcome that is likely. He takes the time to explain in detail what needs to be done and why. This doctor works with you ensuring that you make the final decision regarding your health. He is a doctor you can really trust to care for you and help you make an educated decision. He is great. I highly recommend him.
RID: 1659973
13/12/11 4 4 5 5 I moved here from South Carolina where I had a wonderful doctor. I sure I wouldn't find the same level of care that I had been used to. I found it in Dr. Ross. He is very patient and truly cares about the well being of his patients. He doesn't rush you and makes sure to answer all of your questions and ensure you understand what's going on. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he has that day.
RID: 1427811
28/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ross is an excellent doctor who has cared for me and for a number of my family members for years. When something is outside of Dr. Ross' areas of expertise he is quick to refer while remaining involved. We totally trust his judgement and believe we get the best care possible.
RID: 1181593
02/06/10 5 4 5 4 This man did wonderful with my delivery and OB care, along with the rest of the practice. The nurses are sweet as can be, and although it make take a min to get to you, I know it's because he is spending as much time with the other women as he is with me. He take a genuine interest in your health, and is a wonderful, faithful man.
RID: 920331
23/06/09 5 5 5 5 I love Dr.Ross-Our whole family & most of our church used him. He was a great comfort to me by prayer and kindness--very good at his practice--THE BEST!! Always there for you- Thanks Dr. Ross!! I live in Destin, Fl. and still go back to him. Gayle Shelton <><
RID: 850172
01/04/09 5 4 5 5 I've seen Dr. Ross for years. He performed my total vaginal hysterectomy 5 years ago. Did a fabulous job. Very nice, empathetic, warm and caring. I highly recommend him.
RID: 687402
19/09/08 5 5 5 5 Dr.Ross is a ver compassionate and caring doctor. He was very helpful in my high risk pregnancy and saw me through the whole ordeal. He has a very good bedisde manor and prays over and with you when needed. I will not ever use another doctor after using him. He delievered my daughter through and emergancy c-section.
RID: 680183
06/09/08 5 5 4 1 Dr. Ross is super-duper kind, compassionate and warm. If you like the touchy feelies and prayer then he is the doctor for you. However, he did not know some of the very, very basics about caring for my high risk pregnancy. He recommended some therapies that are not based on best evidence and would not, or could not, explain why his recommendations differed from best evidence other than to cite vague, unspecified "journals," and to chide me for not 'trusting' him and working as my part of the 'team.' I go to a physician for their expertise, whether or not they share my faith is gravy. While Dr. Ross shares my faith, and is really nice and caring, if you need expertise with a difficult situation, go to UAB.
Paid (or co-pay): $3500
RID: 590385
15/05/08 5 5 5 5 A new patient to this practice I saw Dr.Ross not for yearly exam or pregnancy, I saw him for a problem. One that I had dealt with many months and caused me severe pain. I had seen another doctor for the same problem and was told nothing was wrong. I was very nervous when I saw Dr. Ross because I knew my pain was real and I had already been told by one doctor nothing was going on with me. His staff was great. I was made to feel as if I was the only patient in the clinic. Everyone kept reassuring me they would find out what was wrong. He took me to his office first and spoke with me. He was not rushed and he listened to everything I said. Upon examination they found my problem. I am having surgery in a week. After he took me back into his office and explaned my options - still very patient and not rushed. I could hardly believe it was possible to find an office where from the front staff, to the nurses to the physician everyone was nice and cared. I am so thankful I found this group!
RID: 307829
03/05/07 4 5 5 Dr. Ross delivered both of my daughters and I would not think of changing physicians. I had some minor complications with my second pregnancy and had to be admitted to the hospital for a short stay prior to delivery. Although that was a little scary, Dr. Ross was always compassionate and genuinely concerned. He's very down to earth and personable. I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 271705
10/04/07 5 5 5 I received excellent care from Dr. Ross. He is very knowledgeable and cares tremendously about his patients. He prayed over me and my baby after each of my two deliveries and took extra time and care to make sure we were okay. I would highly recommend him as an OBGYN and would not want any one else to deliver my babies. He has excellent bedside manner and is extremely professional, yet gives very personal care to his patients. It is very special to have your doctor pray over you and your newborn baby before and after delivery.
RID: 269064
09/04/07 4 5 5 Dr.Ross delivered my two boys and prayed with us before each delivery. He has always taken a genuine interest in me during my ob and my gyn appointments. He even called me at home after he received a report of a questionable mammogram I had recently just to offer support. We feel very blessed to have had him guide us through the happiest times of our lives during the birth of our boys. I would recommend him as well as his group to anyone.  Respond
RID: 268141
09/04/07 4 5 5 Dr. Ross walked my husband and me through a surgical procedure recently -- not only is he brilliant and talented, he took the time to make sure that all of our questions were answered and we were comfortable with the procedure before moving forward. I cannot say enough positive things about this doctor and his practice.