Rate Dr. David Albiani

Dr. David Albiani's Ratings

I recently had laser surgery to repair a hole in my retina. One doctor performed the consultation and another doctor (or intern) performed the surgery in a very rushed manner with absolutely no compassion. They gave me almost no information about my condition or what to expect afterwards. However, I saw Dr. Albiani for the follow-up visit at the same clinic and he was extremely friendly and helpful. He patiently answered the list of questions I had prepared. I can't comment on his surgical skill as he did not perform the laser surgery but he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the Health Care field. I would highly recommend him based upon his affable disposition, specialized knowledge, and great patience. I waited 2 hours during my first visit and 1 hour during the follow-up visit but there were approximately 25 people ahead of me in the waiting room each time and most were elderly.

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

David Albiani is very personable and professional and invests the time to explain things thoroughly and understandably. He listens carefully in order to answer your questions. I have a great deal of respect for his knowledge. The recommended procedure in my case was a vitrectomy (google it!), performed at VGH. All the staff; the receptionist at Admitting, the four nurses in the Perioperative Care Centre (PCC) and the OR nurses were wonderfully attentive and treated me with great care. Both Terry (anesthetist) and David came to see me before I was wheeled to the OR which added to my confidence in their capabilities. David took the trouble to explain what was about to happen, which was very re-assuring. Everything was right on schedule, as was the follow-up the next day. David Albiani is a first class specialist and he has a great team.

Submitted June 23, 2013 | flag

It's now just over three months since I underwent vitrectomy, gas bubble and laser therapy for a detached retina. The expert care and management I received was non-pareil. Dr. Shane Durkin (fellow in ophth) and Dr. Albiani and the anaethesia and OR staff treated me with great care. I golfed yesterday with excellent vision in the operated eye, and I felt very fortunate to have had my vision rehabilitated and restored - actually to at least as good as before (longstanding misting and floaters issue resolved). Thank you, Dr. Albiani and staff. You are the rock-stars of the medical world.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

Best eye doctor in BC. He loves his patients like family and treats them as he would his own. Truly caring doctor. Rare to find these days.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr. Albiana is a first-class specialist and surgeon. I saw Dr. Albiana during Christmas for a detached retina. I had to travel from Victoria, but I'm now glad I did. Dr. Albiana and Dr. Butler operated on my eye and my eyesight is now excellent after the operation. I can't thank Dr. Albiana and Dr. Butler enough. We are blessed in BC to have such wonderful, caring surgeons.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2011 | flag

Dr Albiani and his staff give the best care and attention anyone can wish for. He acted so quickly and skillfully to deal with my torn retina and my follow up visits are 100% attentive and effective. The wait in the eye clinic is longer than usual but the doctors there carry a huge caseload of post-operative patients as well as new emergencies and they have to prioritize carefully and appropriately to meet this challenge. I have the highest praise, admiration and gratitude for dr. Albiani’s courteous manners and unbound dedication to his patients.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2011 | flag

I saw this doctor after a retinal detachment and while the eye care centre is very busy and the wait time was longer than I've ever experienced at a regular doctor appointment I knew I was being seen by experts and always felt I was getting the best care. When I ended up needing surgery I was confident that I would receive the best care. Dr albiani is very personable and clear in explaining what is happening.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

Very understanding and takes the time to answer any questions.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Albiani is, like all the Doctors at the Eye Care Centre, he is very busy, so some amount of waiting is inevitable. The wait is worth it though. He is very personable and does spend the time to explain things well so you can understand them. he also makes a special attempt to answer your questions thoroughly. I have a great deal of respect for his knowledge.

Submitted April 2, 2010 | flag

I have to travel for two days to see attend Dr. Albiani - I live in the north. He and his staff have always been very helpful. Sometimes I had to wait a bit but that was because emergencies came up and he was needed by someone else. I would want the same care if it were necessary. I have had AMD since I was 39 (I am now 64). I now have wet AMD and still have my sight because of the help they have given me. I trust him and have told quite a number of people about him and the other two Dr.'s in the office ...when worse came to worse because of illness or emergency I was seen by one of the other Doctors same day. There were times I had to wait, but, if you want the best you wait..and processes used take time. There were times people had to wait a bit because I required more care. I noticed one of the other people responding was unhappy about punctuality...well I have been late and have still been seen. How many specialists will accommodate that. Thanks for my sight. Marie Sprong

Submitted April 2, 2010 | flag