Rate Dr. Victor Onwukwe

Dr. Victor Onwukwe's Ratings

Dr. Victor Onwukwe does not listen, or at best does not listen appropriately. He looks at his computer instead of the patient. He has given me medication and has not discussed side effects (which are many). This doctor, when I met I'm was a happy, genuine person who showed he cared. Now ( two years later), he seems to be only interested in churning patients through his office. I am searching for a new doctor in Edmonton to address some serious concerns that Dr. Victor has not addressed.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2014 | flag

Lack of connectivity. Spends time on computer and very little eye contact. Appointments run late, not conducive for working people. Staff not polite on the phone, demands to know what reason you want to see doctor before they book you for appointments. Each visit leaves me with chill feeling and not wish to come back.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I have been with this Dr for a couple of years now, and he has never listened to my heart, checked my bp....he is good with referrals, and easy to get into see.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

I scheduled a full medical with this doctor 1 week in advance after calling and confirming that he could complete this exam for me. The staff seemed confused from the beginning but I trusted them and had faith that they knew what they were talking about. I showed up for my appointment, having missed a few hours of work. He was 30 minutes late yet I was scheduled to be the first appointment of the day. As soon as I got into the doctors office, he found out that he was not my family doctor. (Staff never mentioned this or asked when booking). Less than 1 minute from me sitting down he stood up and yelled "I only see my own patients! Get out of my office now! Get out! Go! This guy is a disgrace to the medical profession. His entire operation is an absolute clown show, including his useless staff. Victor Onwukwe needs to get a job with Garda Security and go work at site. It's all he's qualified for.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

I THINK HE IS THE WORST DOCTOR EVER IN CANADA! - Visit him on your own risk! He gave us the wrong medicine twice, VERY RUDE and NOT Knowledgeable what so ever. He has poor diagnostic knowledge. WE HEARD THAT HE MISSED DIAGNOSZED A LITTLE GIRL AND SHE IS NOW SUFFERING. I believe He is in Medicine for the Money only! PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Submitted June 13, 2013 | flag

Sadly I have seen Doctor Onwukwe since 2011 but I find his service is getting poorer and poorer. I went in to go over my test results with him, he was very very condescending, does not take your health concerns seriously. I felt he was not interested in my concerns basically telling me there is nothing wrong with me except aging. I will not be going back to him he hardly looks at you he keeps focusing on his computer for some reason. The receptionist is something else when you call to make an appointment for results they will tell you your results are good you don't need to see the doc! This place is pointless to go to it's only helping them make money off your visit. He is rather nice to my husband though

Submitted May 18, 2013 | flag

Went to see this doctor for a throat infection. Had a fever and could see that my tonsils had pus on them. He dismissed it as viral didn't check my temperature or ear, chest, anything! Had to go to a walk in clinic because I knew I had an infection. Diagnosed 3 hours later with a double ear infection and a throat infection. Horrible doctor will never go back to him.

Submitted May 14, 2013 | flag

Worst Dr. I have ever seen. I had a fever for over four days which I couldn't bring down with Tylenol, I had been vomiting and was extremely dehydrated and dizzy. He never took my temperature or checked my blood pressure and was extremely rude.

Submitted March 16, 2013 | flag

I really want to change him as our family Physician...His office recommended a pediatrician for my daughter and i wasn't happy with the service. My daughter has allergies and this pediatrician didn't detect this. Anyway I went back to Dr Onwukwe and asked him if he could refer me to Dr Nyati whom i had heard great things about. Dr Onwukwe told me flat out...Dr Nyati will not see me because i had seen another pediatrician ( the same pediatrician he had referred me to)he said there was a conflict of interest...what the?? Do I not have the right to choose which specialist for my daughter, especially if i am not satisfied with the one he referred to me? He reluctantly sent a referal ( i hope he did) but he can't saying...if dr nyati doesn't call you its not my fault. I was really disappointed..i have never felt that he has listened or even has concern for his patients...we are just a number to him.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

I have seen a couple of doctors since moving to Fort McMurray and he is by far the best. The only complaint is the wait sometimes but that is because he listens! He actually takes the time to listen to you and helps you find the best way of going about treating it. He answers all of your questions and is always pleasant. On my most recent visit my spouse and I had a joint appointment. He came in and greeted both of us and said "well I think the most beautiful patient should go first". lol, love him!

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag