You may also like

Rate Dr. Victor Onwukwe

Dr. Victor Onwukwe's Ratings

I have been going to Dr.Victor for the past 5.5 years. NOT because he was a good doctor but because I don't go to the doctor very often and it's easy to get into him. Now maybe I know why, who would want to go to someone with no bedside manner and who loves to humiliate his patients in the front office in front of other patients?
Recently, I went to see him as I was having surgery and had to have my bloodwork done. When he called me back to review my bloodwork he told me my iron was "dangerously low" and I shouldn't have this cosmetic surgery. When I tried to ask him questions,as usual he stared at his computer screen and asked me if I was questioning his knowledge. He then abruptly got up and walked out. I was in complete shock. I went to the front and asked for a copy of my bloodwork. He proceeded to look at the secretary and say " Give her her paperwork and I never want to see her again". Tears were burning the back of my eyes as I had no idea what was going on and said "you refuse to see me because I asked for my results and wanted to ask you a few questions?" He ignored me and walked away....by this time the tears were flowing and I was in utter shock. One of the waiting patients stood up and said don't worry about him Miss...I"m glad I seen this. Today was my first visit and seeing that kind of doctor I certainly don't want to see him now" and he walked out.
I have always found him to be very dismissive and somewhat rude and always tended to stare at his google page while you were in his office but I hadn't ever really needed him for much more than a ear infection or something. I will never go back to him and have been encouraged by my new family doctor to put a complaint in against Dr.Victor as well. Apparently I"m not the first one this has happened to !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I am a patient of Victor for the last 6 years. I always knew he was a terrible doctor. I kept going there because it was just easy to get an appointment. Now , he want to charge $50 cash for travel related prescription . I have never had to pay that before because I was his patient for so long. Because I disagree with him today he have put in my file to never come back again. This doctor is crazy and have the worst attitude. All the bad comments you read are true.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Arrogant, very late, and rude. Will never take myself or my family again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

If your a woman.. I would NOT waste your time especially if you are pregnant he has no sympathy what so ever! He doesn't even take the time to look at you while you are telling him how your feeling or what symptoms you are having! The only thing good about Dr Victors office is his prenatal nurse Cinnamon she is amazing! If you are sick as a dog during pregnancy do not expect Dr victor to take you off work because it is NOT going to happen you pretty much have to be bleeding for him to write you off..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2765225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Once was enough. ...and 5 minutes plenty of time for him to berate and try to humiliate me. Never been treated so poorly in my life! Discrimination at its finest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I have heard that Dr. Victor was a good doctor years ago but he has really slipped. When I go to him he does look at his computer because he is doing the paperwork while you are there instead of later. I don't think he should do it that way. I prefer a doctor who looks at me. I asked to have my blood pressure checked and he told me I could go to Shoppers or Walmart and do it at one of their machines. REALLY??? Went in for a severe flu that I had for 2 weeks - sore ears, runny eyes, bad cough, fever etc. He looked in my throat and ears - said it was a flu and he would not give me anything. Next day went to another doctor - and had throat infection, ear infection and chest congestion. Put on antibiotic and was better within 2 days. I really do like this doctor but I think he needs a break. He has lost compassion and perspective. Can Doctors go for a refresher?

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2718799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

This doctor clearly is inexperienced. I am a healthcare professional who just left his office. He lacks basic medical knowledge and does not follow best practice. Not qualified to provide basic prenatal care.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2675341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

This doctor is fine If you have something minor and straight forward that even the clueless of people could understand. I've been seeing him for years and I am one of those people that only goes to the dr. when I really feel like something is wrong and so I really need my dr. to listen to me and take me seriously. This dr. will barely even look at you while you are speaking and basically spits back a prescription without even asking any questions to get to the route of the problem. He quite honestly scares me! I went to see him while I was pregnant and it took him six months before he could find a heartbeat. Then towards the end of the pregnancy when he was doing the regular belly measurements, I asked if he knew approximately how big the baby was and he looked at me and said "OF COURSE I KNOW" and then didn't say anything after.......... so I guess he thought I was questioning him somehow but he was adamant that he had an idea of how big the baby was but of course he didn't share that information and by the way he responded to me, I wasn't about to ask. Just pure ridiculousness! I'd have more confidence in a chimpanzee to give me a proper assessment. I know that sounds horrible but its really an accurate observation in this case!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2657846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Went to see him at the walk in clinic today and he basically said he didn't understand why I was coming to the walk in for chest pain and not my family doctor. He only half listened to me and then said that he didn't understand what my symptoms could be the result of and angrily wrote me a prescription for muscle relaxants and pain killers and walked out to see the next patient. Horrible bedside manner and complete lack of insight into my case. I hope I never see this doctor again

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2652487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

I saw him at a walk in clinic.. He basically just yelled at me for not having a family doctor.. I told him I dislocated my shoulder over the weekend and had another doc relocate it.. But that i was reccommended to go for a follow up appointment.. He never even looked at my shoulder. This was a waste of time and I'm going somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646717].votes_count ]]