Rate Dr. Victor Onwukwe

Dr. Victor Onwukwe's Ratings

I have heard that Dr. Victor was a good doctor years ago but he has really slipped. When I go to him he does look at his computer because he is doing the paperwork while you are there instead of later. I don't think he should do it that way. I prefer a doctor who looks at me. I asked to have my blood pressure checked and he told me I could go to Shoppers or Walmart and do it at one of their machines. REALLY??? Went in for a severe flu that I had for 2 weeks - sore ears, runny eyes, bad cough, fever etc. He looked in my throat and ears - said it was a flu and he would not give me anything. Next day went to another doctor - and had throat infection, ear infection and chest congestion. Put on antibiotic and was better within 2 days. I really do like this doctor but I think he needs a break. He has lost compassion and perspective. Can Doctors go for a refresher?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

This doctor clearly is inexperienced. I am a healthcare professional who just left his office. He lacks basic medical knowledge and does not follow best practice. Not qualified to provide basic prenatal care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2675341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

This doctor is fine If you have something minor and straight forward that even the clueless of people could understand. I've been seeing him for years and I am one of those people that only goes to the dr. when I really feel like something is wrong and so I really need my dr. to listen to me and take me seriously. This dr. will barely even look at you while you are speaking and basically spits back a prescription without even asking any questions to get to the route of the problem. He quite honestly scares me! I went to see him while I was pregnant and it took him six months before he could find a heartbeat. Then towards the end of the pregnancy when he was doing the regular belly measurements, I asked if he knew approximately how big the baby was and he looked at me and said "OF COURSE I KNOW" and then didn't say anything after.......... so I guess he thought I was questioning him somehow but he was adamant that he had an idea of how big the baby was but of course he didn't share that information and by the way he responded to me, I wasn't about to ask. Just pure ridiculousness! I'd have more confidence in a chimpanzee to give me a proper assessment. I know that sounds horrible but its really an accurate observation in this case!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Went to see him at the walk in clinic today and he basically said he didn't understand why I was coming to the walk in for chest pain and not my family doctor. He only half listened to me and then said that he didn't understand what my symptoms could be the result of and angrily wrote me a prescription for muscle relaxants and pain killers and walked out to see the next patient. Horrible bedside manner and complete lack of insight into my case. I hope I never see this doctor again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

I saw him at a walk in clinic.. He basically just yelled at me for not having a family doctor.. I told him I dislocated my shoulder over the weekend and had another doc relocate it.. But that i was reccommended to go for a follow up appointment.. He never even looked at my shoulder. This was a waste of time and I'm going somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

His secretary are not the best. They are sometimes rude. He is awesome though, because he welcomes me all the time, and knows my name.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I was being treated for Excess stomach acid which I did I not have. Repeatedly told him the medication is not working. After passing out and went to the E.R. I found out I had Stomach Cancer and bleeding internally. So for 8 months he told me the lost of energy , stomach pain, my heart slow down ect. was a side effect the disease of excess stomach acid. I had only half my bleed in my body when I pass out. Good thing my wife said we are not going to him and went to the R.E. Don't play with your life find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Been seeing him for five years now. Always friendly and willing to answer questions even when I know he's busy. Occasionally a 15 minute wait but that's excellent for fort Mac. Always asks about the family by name. You treat him with respect and he treats you the same.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2549792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

One of the most easiest doctor's to speak too and feel comfortable talking too, for 15years in fort McMurray was he never rude, maybe to pillpoppers who want narcotics with negative feedback

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

He's good to send you for blood work but you'll be waiting a while for your results. He just don't listen. It's a turn style office now, his care factor is gone compared to
5-8 years ago. If his pleasantly unpleasant receptionist calls you do not ask questions as her head may explode, she is just a terrible people person. I'm a very reasonable person and feel people should really look around before taking him as your doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2531536].votes_count ]]