Rate Dr. Barry N. Lumpkins

Dr. Barry N. Lumpkins's Ratings

Didn't even get to see dr except 30 second "hi there"...has a new nurse practitioner that hasn't even graduated yet that is writing prescriptions and having him sign. Used to be a much better office. Now you wait hours, don't see a dr and are rushed in and out. Complete FAIL since he left private practice. Very disappointed in him and the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Very knowledgable, good bedside manners and has a very supportive staff of nurses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

He recently moved offices and I was there 2.5 hours. I have been a patient of his for years, and had to go back 3 times because they did not have all of their equipment in. I do not like that I cannot make an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2012

Our family has been seeing him for approx 10 yrs. At the beginning it was great... then eventually he became an ER Physician in a Family Practice, which raised his office visit from 65 to 125 per visit due to no appts needed. I do not agree since we are patients and not ER (walk off the street patients) He has been giving my eldest son, Adderall for 5 yrs or so... I had expressed my opinion I thought he was gettting addicted and for him to start reducing the mg on it.. (this was approx, 2 yrs ago)I have expressed my concerns over and over.(just this summer) I just recently saw my son's prescription and it was higher than it was previously. (he is 25 and does not have to tell me anything medically due to HIPPA laws) I confronted my son and he admitted he had a problem. I explained to him that I had told Barry over 2 yrs ago to start reducing, instead he is taking more. I am upset and will be filing a complaint.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Dr. Lumpkins is highly professional and knowledgeable. He makes you feel comfortable, has a pleasant personality, wants to understand your problem and resolve it. Down side is office wait time. He doesn't take appts.,walk-ins only, Typical wait time is 2 to 3 hrs. Office staff does not log your time of arrival, they log you to their next available slot, which can be 23 minutes later tan you signed in . 3 hrs is excessive in my opinion and should be improved. His current staff does not follow up on making referral appts. for tests or appts. with other drs. My husband has waited over 1 mth. for the office to make an appt. for an MRI even though he has called them 3 times to remind them. I hope he can make improvements where they are needed. He is such a pleasant person,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2011

He and his safe are compassionate people, who listen and help in any way they can.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2009

Dr. Lumpkins is the best doctor I have been to! He took alot of time with me and treated me as a whole person. He did not try to force any drugs on me, and guininely listened to what I had to say. He is friendly and gave me helpful information. His nurses were also very kind and helpful! I felt like him and his staff were truely concerned and really wanted me to feel better. It was refreshing! I would reccommend Dr. Lumpkins to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Lumpkins is the best family doctor I have ever seen. From the first time I saw him, he took the time to get to know me and all of my conditions. I would recommend him to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2008

Dr. Lumpkins is the best family practice doctor in Florence. He is open and honest and will always do what is in your best interest. He isn't a drug pusher, but treats your problems, and tries to find a solution both you and he can live with. He also has a great sense of humor and bedside manner. Dr. Lumpkins doesn't accept appointments; being able to walk in anytime you please is great, but I do hear a lot of older people complain about wanting appointments (which makes no sense - how many of us are accustomed to waiting HOURS even when we have an appointment)? Further, Dr. Lumpkins is young and is up on the current medical advancements and technology.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

After over 20 yrs fighting a degrading disease, this is the first physician in a Family Practice that has been open, honest, and dedicated to my overall quality of life, not just my ability to "survive the day". He also goes beyond what I would expect my physician to do when prescribing drugs, finding the lowest cost, most effective drug for the desired effect. I would highly recommend Dr. Lumpkins to anyone looking for an outstanding Family Practice doctor with a specialty as an Emergency Physician. What other specialty could be as effective in Family practice?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1184867].votes_count ]]