Rate Dr. Ruby NG

Dr. Ruby NG's Ratings

I saw Dr Ruby for a few years. She is really only willing to spend a maximum of 10 minutes with you. It seems that she books a lot of patients per hour. I wouldn't say that she is the most compassionate and nicest doctor I have seen. She is really popular in Richmond because she is a female Western medical doctor who can speak Chinese.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2013 | flag

I really appreciate the fact that she is willing to refer me to specialists when certain symptoms raises concerns. I also agree that she is helpful in offering ways to alleviating symptoms without the use of drugs. Unfortunately, I do have to agree that she appears impassionate.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Unfortunately, it's all about money when it comes to Dr. Ng. She's at that point of her career where she doesn't care about her patients anymore. She used to be OK (I've seen her for many years), but now, she's unprepared and wishy-washy on her decisions. Sometimes you wonder if Dr. Ng really knows what's going on. She double-books her patients so much that it hurts her service quality. She's a nice person and her staff are nice too, but that doesn't mean much if I'm not getting suitable medical attention. Dr. Ng isn't accepting new patients anymore, but if she did, then I give her clinic a "NOT recommended."

Submitted Nov. 8, 2012 | flag

Submitted July 7, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing her for a few years. All I want to say is that if I have other choices of seeing a different family doctor (others are no longer accepting new patients), I would switch the doctor without a second thought. I agree with other comments that she needs to work on her communication and show more compassion for the patient and her "job". The fact that she seems to prescribe same medication scares me off as well. Staffs are friendly so kudos to them.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

Horrendous...one of the highest billings GPs in Richmond and its obvious why. I don't know how she became a doctor. Has never done a BP. Puts on a white coat that looks like it hasn't been washed since she first started and just cares about getting people out so she can bill MSP. Another garbage physician. I understand how GPs have high overhead and want to make a decent living but christ show some compassion and some good communication.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag

I have been going to Ruby for years... I find usually the people who see Dr's and expect a prescrioption for every ailment tend to get amoxicillin which I am guessing is what the person below is referring to. it's a great general antibiotic (but yes overprescribed and developing resistance). I think some people expect meds to be a cure all for mild ailments that's why they get the same general meds all of the time... However, I enjoy having Ruby as my doctor and appreciate the fact that she rarely prescribes meds to me for anything...instead offers advice on steps I can take to alleviate symptoms. I use to see a doctor who was a pill pusher. I think with her you get treatment tailored to your needs.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2010 | flag

Con: She seems to always prescribe the same medication for every ailment I've had over the years. That worries me a bit so I try not to go in unless I'm extremely sick. Also, they're always about 20-30 mins behind schedule. Pro: There has been a couple times where I couldn't make it in to the office (either her schedule was full or I was far) and she was kind enough to chat over the phone with me about my symptoms.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2009 | flag

she take her time with patient and provide good care. always tries to make room in schedule for people even thuogh she is very busy doctor. She always knows what to do. Doesn't give prescriptions right away wich is good, only if really needed.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2009 | flag