Rate Dr. Nancy Dool

Dr. Nancy Dool's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Dool's since 1995. She was recommended to me by my neighbour (with 2 young children) when I first moved to Newmarket. I truly appreciate her practical, professional approach; and find her "bedside manner" appropriate. Several years ago I became seriously ill, and saw a softer, more compassionate side to her otherwise professional manner; it gave me an even greater appreciation of her as my Doctor. I moved to another town several years ago, but chose not change Doctors. I respect that Glady's asks adequate questions to understand my issue, and estimate the duration required for my appointment. I have rarely waited more than 10 mins for my scheduled appointment; and this tells me that this Doctor is respectful of my time. I have always been able to secure "last minute" appointments when warranted. A VERY good Doctor that I recommend highly...

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

ignore rating for punctual - no idea if Dr. Dool is on time or not. new to the area and trying to find a dr. haven't met her yet - my experience is so bad i don't want to now. i can say -her office staff is rude /unhelpful. if this is what our tax payer money goes to - it's crap. their office hours are terrible. dr. dool is inflexible to trying to accomodate people who work. not everyone can take time off to return to the office and schedule family members on separate days. pointless rule and no understanding for patients whatsoever. 2 days before a scheduled appt. - her office calls to cancel. taken day off for appt. and it was made weeks ago. most TERRIBLE Dr. in newmarket is what her rating should be. if you are new to the area - don't go here. you can't even get past the rude staff service and you will be discouraged before you even get to meet the doctor. plus if you read all the other ratings of patients who've met her, you'll do what i am - searching for another dr.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

Its time for me to look for a new doctor. I had my 12 year old son with me and had to see Dr. Dool for an ear infection. Because of the awful traffic on Davis Drive (Construction) We were late 3 minutes and instead of seeing us, her receptionist kicked us out and said Dr. Dool said to go to a walk in clinic. Give me a break! What kind of responsiblity do you have towards your patients! Have some consideration. I had to take a day off work and it was just wasted

Submitted July 6, 2012 | flag

Our family has been going to dr.dool for many years. Her staff has always accomodated my requests and when I take my daugther to see her, she is very affectionate with her. Overall she's a good doctor.

Submitted March 14, 2011 | flag

i found dr dool to be very rude and condisending , her knowledge i find limited and if you have pain you are sol..her nurse reseptionist gladys is so rude i cant believe she is still there they are made for each other i left her as soon as i could find another doctor

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

I've had a couple of very disappointing and very upsetting experiences with Gladys and Dr. Dool. For example, I asked Gladys to try and book an appointment for me on my day off work and her reply was that I couldn't have it both ways. But, that being said, she has had her good days too. In general, I feel that the pendulum can shift,at any moment I'm going to have to take cover. Dr. Dool, is thorough enough. Yet, I think it pays to do a little research on your own. It did for me. She is after all, only human. The good thing about her is that she will listen but you have to know what you're talking about. The rest of it, ie. her personality is a struggle for me. I'm simply not used to being treated the way she treats 'patients'/'clients'. We are after all paying for her services. We'd like to be treated with respect and dignity. And, of course, she and her staff need to be treated with the courtesy. But, I find the scale a little off balance; the 'client' always having to tip the scale.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Dool is a terrific doctor. It's true that she is very serious and barely smiles, however she takes her job seriously and is very thorough. I admit that she and Gladys (the receptionist) intimidate me very much, however, I appreciate the fact that there is never any wait time, all my questions are answered (write them down so you wont forget as you may become nervous as I do). The best thing is that you can get a same day appointment, however you have to disclose all your private matters with Gladys. Her office has a militant feel to it. If you're looking for a doctor that is very gentle and has a soft bedside manner then Dr. Dool is not for you. Dr. Dool gets right down to business, wont hesitate to send you for tests and covers all bases. She wont make you feel warm and fuzzy, but at the end of the day, you don't go to the doctor to make a friend.

Submitted March 3, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Dools for approx. 5 years and I find her to be a good doctor, though I find Gladys to pry into your health concerns a little to deep prior to granting you an appt., as well as she is very rude and condesending to be a receptionist. I find she speaks to you as if you're an idiot. She does not make me feel like I want to call to make an appointment or even go to the office. Too bad there is such a shortage of doctors in Newmarket, because of Gladys I would definately make a switch, she has brought down my comfort level. Sad, but true!!

Submitted Nov. 11, 2009 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Dool for approximately 4 years and find her very knowledgeable, professional, thorough and she answers all my questions. Gladys is a gem and is very helpful on the phone and in the office. I like the punctuality. I know if I make a 9:00 a.m. appointment I am in at 9:00 give or take a minute or two. She was referred to me by a friend and I am pleased that Dr. Dool accepted me as a client. I had been interviewed by a Doctor previously, as my Dr. moved, and I was not impressed with the other Dr.'s office, reception or his bedside manner.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Dool is very thorough and professional. She does not hesitate in ordering tests. I agree her bedside manner could be improved. Gladys is very efficient.

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag