You may also like

Rate Dr. Tamara Pringsheim

Dr. Tamara Pringsheim's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I totally agree with these negative comments. I feel that she may have knowledge on paper but lacks the compassion associated with kids that have neurological problems. She is a medical doctor, she prescribes medications to help sedate or temporarily help deal with the problems your child may be having. My child is old now and has been medicated for years, and trust me folks, he has not benefited from medication, in fact he is worse off now because he needs medications to counteract other meds he has taken in the past....health wise...his kidneys and who knows what other organs have taken a beating from meds. She has no advice , support or compassion on other alternatives to help. She even says she prescribes meds based on other doctors opinions. She will not sit and evaluate your kid, she will rely on questionaires and other documents that may say your kid has OCD, autism....etc. whatever it may be, she will prescribe if its severe based on others opinions. She will not diaganose and sit with your child and help. She's just a read and consult doctor. This is what we pay our hard earned taxpaying dollars for? My suggestion is there is other alternatives than medicating your child. She lacks knowledge in other alternatives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2823539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I don't know who these people are that keep giving her high ratings especially when there are low ratings prior to the positive ones..... I see a trend here Tamara...very coincidental don't you think. I don't feel this doctor has any type of care in the world. It is difficult to see her on short notice and her office staff is just plain rude. They have a sign stating that we should talk to doctors if we have problems waiting and when you ask about wait times, they are snooty. She is never on time anyways and seems like everytime you do get in and she's 20-30 mins late, she gets you out the door before you can say "parking ticket". I don't recommend her at all. My kid has not benefited from her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2807093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

We are from Prince Albert Saskatchewan and scouted Dr. Pringsheim out as noone in Saskatchewan specializes in Tourettes. A referral was placed and we were ever so thankful. My son, who is quite apprehensive about doctors asked her questions. He felt like he was ok and his condition is normal for some kids. She was informative and my son listened to everything she had to say without being overly skeptical. I feel that after 8 years of trying to find a dr that understands my boy, we finally found her. A true blessing for a mother.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

This doctor lacks compassion and it seems like shes on a high horse because there are few neurolgists in her field. Seems like the focus is more about her at times than the patient. She has commented on myself being a few minutes late but doesnt think much when she is 30 mins late. Ive been reading alot of the positive comments and i truly feel she is quite fake, alot of inconstent comments than my experience. I sincerely do not have any good comments for her, she is overpaid, likes to prescibe meds after meds and lacks compassion for my child and treats her patients like test rats. She trains her staff to accomodate her schedule rather than her patients. She has attitude and the whole world revolves around her, she would be more effective as a doctor on General Hospital. Maybe she can live her dream if she wants the attention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Great doctor and very caring. Most importantly she is very up to date on new treatments for TS, something that most specialists (yes, some neurologists) have no knowledge of. She was the first of many doctors I have seen who actually asked relevant questions in regards to tics. Went an extra 10 miles to make sure I got what I needed and is always at arms length if you have a concern. Her associcates and other people she works with also share a great commitment to patient confidentiality. Overall she is someone other neurologists and specialists should aspire to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Dr. Tamara Pringsheim is a professional. Technically, she is very knowledgeable, however, she seems to be too focused on her narrow area of clinical specialization: Tourette Syndrome. You would do well to consider her, if you complement her efforts with that of other physicians and non-medical practitioners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2012

Sorry,I don't agree with Dr.Pringsheim's poor rating. Calgary presently has four Neurologists. The wait times are extreme. I have been recently diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. She answered all of my concerns and was genuinely interested in my welfare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2011

I unfortunately got stuck with this doctor while I was on call. She was rude, uncaring, and failed to get a diagnosis for my problem. Fortunately, the doctor who came on after her made the diagnosis and I started my treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][409052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2011

Dr. Pringsheim has treated my child for Tourette's Syndrome for a few years now and I can see why she heads up the program. She is incredibly knowledgeable and has a fabulous bedside manner. My child is incredibly shy and he will converse quite easily with Dr. Pringsheim! She has been really great with referrals to other professionals, trails with medications (followed up with phone calls to see how the meds are working) and never makes you feel like you are being rushed through an appointment. Her associate, Carolyn is also fantastic, and she is great with follow ups, etc. Anyone looking for a Children's Neurologist need look no further.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409051].votes_count ]]