Rate Dr. Tamara Pringsheim

Dr. Tamara Pringsheim's Ratings

This doctor lacks compassion and it seems like shes on a high horse because there are few neurolgists in her field. Seems like the focus is more about her at times than the patient. She has commented on myself being a few minutes late but doesnt think much when she is 30 mins late. Ive been reading alot of the positive comments and i truly feel she is quite fake, alot of inconstent comments than my experience. I sincerely do not have any good comments for her, she is overpaid, likes to prescibe meds after meds and lacks compassion for my child and treats her patients like test rats. She trains her staff to accomodate her schedule rather than her patients. She has attitude and the whole world revolves around her, she would be more effective as a doctor on General Hospital. Maybe she can live her dream if she wants the attention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Great doctor and very caring. Most importantly she is very up to date on new treatments for TS, something that most specialists (yes, some neurologists) have no knowledge of. She was the first of many doctors I have seen who actually asked relevant questions in regards to tics. Went an extra 10 miles to make sure I got what I needed and is always at arms length if you have a concern. Her associcates and other people she works with also share a great commitment to patient confidentiality. Overall she is someone other neurologists and specialists should aspire to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Dr. Tamara Pringsheim is a professional. Technically, she is very knowledgeable, however, she seems to be too focused on her narrow area of clinical specialization: Tourette Syndrome. You would do well to consider her, if you complement her efforts with that of other physicians and non-medical practitioners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2012

Sorry,I don't agree with Dr.Pringsheim's poor rating. Calgary presently has four Neurologists. The wait times are extreme. I have been recently diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. She answered all of my concerns and was genuinely interested in my welfare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2011

I unfortunately got stuck with this doctor while I was on call. She was rude, uncaring, and failed to get a diagnosis for my problem. Fortunately, the doctor who came on after her made the diagnosis and I started my treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2011

Dr. Pringsheim has treated my child for Tourette's Syndrome for a few years now and I can see why she heads up the program. She is incredibly knowledgeable and has a fabulous bedside manner. My child is incredibly shy and he will converse quite easily with Dr. Pringsheim! She has been really great with referrals to other professionals, trails with medications (followed up with phone calls to see how the meds are working) and never makes you feel like you are being rushed through an appointment. Her associate, Carolyn is also fantastic, and she is great with follow ups, etc. Anyone looking for a Children's Neurologist need look no further.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

I can't say I was overly impressed with her knowledge on Tourette Syndrome given she's the head of the Calgary Tourette Syndrome Clinic. I didn't receive a phone call for 6 weeks after my referral to the Clinic, so I called to find out what was up and later the information package I was promised was never sent to me. She did however manage to squeeze my child in within 3 weeks after I contacted the office, (apparently 5-6 months wait list) which was very considerate. I spent over an hour with her associate (it is a learning hospital) on background however Dr. Pringsheim only spent enough time with me to write a prescription. As my child’s advocate I practically had to convince the associate that one tic in particular was indeed a TS Tic and that it needed to be addressed. Will I see her again... probably because I have no other options when it comes to this city and Tourette Syndrome treatment. Overall I'm disappointed and wouldn't recommend. :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][409050].votes_count ]]