Rate Dr. Charles Tan

Dr. Charles Tan's Ratings

I've seen Dr.Tan in Richmond Hill many times at both his original location and the newer one at Bayview and Major Mackenzie's Allencourt plaza. While his receptionist is delightful, Dr.Tan does not provide great service to his clients. He rarely listens and jumps to conclusions, and then will speak over you. When he does take the time to chat with you, it is generally about his office / patient woes, which is unprofessional. He additionally is not pro-active in seeking diagnostics or other preventative measures... since changing family doctors from dr.tan to a new guy i've noticed a HUGE switch in the quality of care and focus on being pro-active about health.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Tan is a great Family Physician. I have had so many over the years and I finally found a person that actually spends the time and cares about your issues. Once you find a good Dr, which is hard you stay with him/her. I recommend Dr. Tan 100% for his professionalism and knowledge in regards to issues that you may have. His staff always go above and beyond the call of duty. Consistently friendly and always in a good professional mood every time that I have an apt. I really can't say enough about Dr. Tan, he is a jack of all trades master of all......lol : ) Great Doctor and Staff!

Submitted June 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Tan seems to listen and chat with the patients, however when it comes to actually understand something and help his clients .. I dono so much .. I took my son to him ( his Family Dr) to quit smoking and instead of him being encouraging he kept saying to a 16 years old that he cant do it .. and he is sure that he will go back to it again.. he was almost laughing and making fun of him.. he refused to do a test for smoking on him to introduce ways of treating it and he said " do you really expect me to do this test on a friday afternoon" .. excuse me ??? U are getting paid by government of Ontario and if your office is open till 5 than you should do what is required to do .. had a very bead experience and Im changing my family Family Dr...

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

Dr. Charles Tan's knowledge, accurate diagnosis and quick thinking saved my daughter's life.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

not very knowledgeable at all. Did not listen and just to conclusions. Did not want to seem to help but rather get you in and out quickly to cash in the next patient.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

He is very friendly and easy to approach and talk. I like him and feel very comfortable to talk about my issues. As a family doctor he is the best. His computer system is a good system to trach patients information. It is good. He likes chatting, so do I. Everytime I feel better after seeing him. He is very good.

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag

Saw him today for the first time; very friendly, on time, and seemed to recognize the symptoms immediately. I'm happy with my visit.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

I went to doctor tan due to a soar throat, ears popping, hard time talking aswell. We begun talking and i asked him if i potentially had laryngitis and what was really wrong with me. He then checked me and he stated "you don't have Bactiral laryngitis you have viral, so it will take a week or so to go away by itself there is no medicine." i said okay and walked out. the night of i was having terrible pains in my throat and couldnt sleep etc. I went to a different walk in the following morning and in about 30 seconds the doctor said i had Tonsilitus and prescribed pills. Overall i would be careful going to this doctor tan.

Submitted July 5, 2011 | flag

Dr Tan is our family doctor for almost 3 years. We are very happy and pleased with his practice. I believe he is very knowledeable. He spends time and cares about his patients. I highly recommend him to others.

Submitted June 4, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr Tan for the first time yesterday, May 30th, he was very helpful, very calm, soft spoken, he listened to my problem and prescribed my medication, today I am already feeling better

Submitted May 31, 2011 | flag