Rate Dr. Randy L. Real

Dr. Randy L. Real's Ratings

My husband was diagnosed with an oral squamous cell cancer. A doctor at UAB said that he would remove the lump in his mouth and every lymph node in half his neck. That was unacceptable so we got a second opinion. Dr. Real said...TWICE..."This is no big deal. We can fix this." He also said that he'd only remove 4-5 lymph nodes. He also said that my husband would not be disfigured. After his surgery, I found that he had done exactly what UAB said they were going to do and that he had also severed a nerve, which makes my husband look like a stroke victim. Real's nurse said that she's "never" seen a case where that nerve didn't reattach. Really? I should send her a photo. We both understand that a surgeon can't know what he's getting into until he gets into surgery, but we thought that HE knew that, too. We thought he had a good reason for the optimism. We were very naive to believe him. We passed on radiation and went to alternative clinic. He's clean scans and doing well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Real is the most caring doctor I have ever been to. He is hands down the best ENT in Alabama. He is so friendly and kind and strives to give each of his patients an enjoyable experience in his office. He is always very busy so expect a little bit of a wait when you come to visit him (just as you would at any other doctor). He is a wonderful man and doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

HIS TALENT UNESTABLISHED AT MOMENT BECAUSE I SAW HIM LESS THAN 2 MINUTES--MEET AND GREET I PAY FOR--Now the poor ratings at the moment--Doctors don't make house calls any more--fine part of the world now. I have a management position and have been missing time---why I am seeing him--leave work hours early--get there 30 minutes early as requested-fill out medical info--my regular doctor--same building 20 yards away with highly detail symptoms--drugs I am taking--also on computer for them to see easily--OK no biggie but not logical---Meet the doctor--very pleasant--1 minute talk sends me for CT. --need insurance approval might take a while--have them call upstairs--you want me back?--NO----OK POMPOUS MAYBE BUT I MAKE $90 HR IF YOU FIGURE TO 40 HOUR WEEK--MY TIME IS VALUABLE--NOT TO MENTION I AM NEEDED AT MY WORKPLACE--1 1/2HR WASTED THERE AND I HAVE TO GO BACK FOR LESS THAN 2 MINUTES AND NO CHECK UP--SERIOUS TALK--NOTHING--DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FEE--JUST MY TIME WASTED--VERY BAD START

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Real is a wonderful ENT and I have not found one that is able to stand on side of him in a room and out do what he do, he know his stuff hands down. The staff is great they are great as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Have traveled the world for 30 years on my job and met many doctors having lived in 5 states; Dr. Real is not only an excellent physician; he is a sincere caring person that I would trust with my life as well as the lives of my wife and children. His work ethic is incredible and any delay on appointments worth the wait! Wish more doctors had his level of courtesy,consideration, and patience in explaining things in Layman's terms. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr. Real is the very best ENT in Alabama! I have saw Dr. Real since he took over Dr. Thomas Simpkin's practice and I would not think of seeing anyone else. He knows how to treat my sinus problems when nobody else can. I just cannot say enough about what a wondreful, caring, intelligent, humble and nice person/doctor he is! He's the very best without a doubt!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2013

Yes, I would recommend Dr. Real for your ENT doctor, our family have used him for years! We all love him a lot, he treats us like family! He will get to the bottom of what kind of health problems with Ear,Nose and Throat issues! He takes time with you and listens, sometimes they do schedule a lot of patients, but if a person is really sick and needs an appointment they will try to work you in, his whole staff are very caring people!!!!!!!! Susan and Dennis Crawley

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

BEST ENT in Birmingham. Not only is he a great surgeon, but also easy to talk to and makes a doctor's visit very pleasant. He does run behind sometimes, but he sees ALOT of patients during the day. He will be my ENT from now on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr Real has been my ENT for quite a few years. He has performed two nose operations, two throat surgeries. He took wonderful care of me and has improved my breathing tremendously. His medical knowledge is top rate with me. He was also my parents ENT, both of which have now passed, they used him for years and never waivered. Dr Real has also performed surgery on my son. The wait time the last time I saw him was a little too lengthy in my opinion, but he does not schedule his appointments. He can not be held responsible for over booking patients. My family adores Dr. Real....I am thankful for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2010

Dr Real had to attend a funeral the afternoon of my appointment. Rather than canceling his appointments, he left and a resident saw me. I am a physician myself, and sought Dr Real's expertise for a problem my primary MD and I had not been able to correct. The resident knew less than I did, and the visit was a complete waste. I found another ENT who actually saw me and helped me with the problem. I can't assess Dr Real's knowledge, because I never actually saw him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1185659].votes_count ]]