Rate Dr. Reba Beard

Dr. Reba Beard's Ratings

I was very disappointed on the wait time to see Dr. Beard; a 2 hour wait. She wasn't very patient with my three kids (we did pay office visits for all 3 kids). She called in the most expensive prescriptions possible and when I tried to get something else called in, they failed three times to get it right, which is frustrating when you have three sick kids, and a sick parent on top of that. The staff acted like I was putting them out by trying to get the error corrected; when, in fact, I was the one that was put out by dragging my children to several different trips to the pharmacy (at least an hour wait- each trip to get through the line). Very frustrating! Overall, I would say Dr. Beard and staff made me feel uncomfortable in the office/phone and their repeated mistakes drastically delayed my children getting their much needed prescriptions.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

Dr. Beard was my son's pediatrician for the first 9 months of his life. I remember one great piece of advice she gave me. When she saw him playing with the paper on her exam table, she told me to buy a roll of it for him to wiggle and kick on at home. She said that I should always follow his interests. It sounds simple, but it stuck with me over the years. I was so happy to learn that she moved to this side of town. For our last appointment she out of the office, but her staff was great. We were seen very quickly and the PA answered all of my many, many questions. She was careful and sweet with my baby girl too. When my daughter had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin, she spoke to me right away and phoned in a prescription to a nearby Walgreens.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Beard is helpful, however staff is very unsatisfactory. I have called a total of 5 times in two years for a nurse to call me back and 3 have gone unreturned. I addressed this on the second and third time with nothing being done. My son had the flu and they refused to give him any medication and the after hours told me not to bring him in because they could not do anything then shuffled him out the back door even though he had already been sitting in the sick waiting room with all the other kids. If you can deal with the staff or have a child that NEVER gets sick then Dr. Beard's office would be a good fit.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2009 | flag