Rate Dr. William H. Craig

Dr. William H. Craig's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Craig listened to my issue and was really helpful in helping me with my pain management. My only complaint is to get rid of the receptionist. She has no personality. Also took me months to get the initial appointment, then when she called and left a msg for me to call back, which I did the next day, I had to wait another 2-3 weeks for a return call. Doesn't say hi when you arrive or by when you leave. Get rid of her.

Submitted June 21, 2014 | flag

Had an appointment and called to confirm, didn't hear back till the appointment was due, then I was asked to pay $75.Had to deal with a very rude secretary. Very very disappointed.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

I rated this doctor so poorly for a number of reasons. I have chronic pain like many of his patients and have a pain management program to manage the pain ... otherwise I can't work and everyday life is a challenge. The receptionist is above answering calls from patients, pharmacies, other doctors. They may be punctual for appts but to return a 2 minute call to the pharmacy so you can get your medication takes a month. You have a small window when they say they will answer the phone, which they don't. The answering machine message says it all; they tell you to go to your family physician, most of which will not prescribe this type of medication and they are fulling aware of this problem. Then they say go to the emergency room to get your medication. How irresponsible to fill up emergency rooms with your patients that need medication monthly because it is below him to write their prescriptions. Both doctor and receptionist are arrogant and could care less about the patient.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2013 | flag

Cannot reach receptionist to book appointment. Never returns calls. Never dealt with an office like this before. Most receptionists try there best to accommodate patients. I have not been able to make an appointment for months for one reason or another. Very, Very, odd practice.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag

Notes were faxed from another doctor.My exam was quick.He prescibed fentanyl patches;an addictive drug.I needed surgery.I had not slept for 3 years!Burning 10/10 nerve pain in my right buttock woke me every night.I could not sit or lie down.I stood all day.I was totally spent.We talked on the phone 4 months later.My surgery wasn't approved yet.Why?He suggested I inhale ketamine spray,an addictive drug,when I drove.It didn't help.I no longer trusted doctors.I hired a registered nurse.I paid her to be with me when he called next.She politely asked him if he had referred my papers to another specialist.He said he had 2 weeks ago.We said thanks.I went to bed.My nurse found out the referral had not been sent.Why? He wrote a letter to my G.P. stating that he had discharged me as a patient? He said my nurse and I were aggressive?That was not true.He was mad that we caught his misrepresentation. He let me down.I am sad.He has no compassion. I almost died.

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

He is very helpful with my pain issues, and he is definitely a thinker and problem solver. I found out he is an athlete as well as a doctor - rock climbing and mountain biking, and that makes me admire him even more. He has a website on his design for a prosthetic arm to help with biking which is very challenging in this province. Wow. What an amazing thing he has done.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

Saw him a few months ago. I was referred to him through my GP. He seemed knowledgeable and gave me a few options in terms of treatment. He did not provide my GP with a report though. Now his office is closed for the "holidays" until February 5, 2013. Who closes their office for that long?

Submitted Dec. 18, 2012 | flag

I saw Dr. Craig about pudendal nerve pain. He referred me to get a nerve block at UBC. His secretary failed to send through the requisition, even after numerous phones calls with her. I have now been waiting 4 months and it has still not been sent through. She is a blithering idiot who should be fired. He fails to return calls and getting an appt. from a referral is also a nightmare.

Submitted July 6, 2012 | flag

Saw him 4 yrs ago and found him very good,helpful and knowledgeable. After many years of trying to get a diagnosis with other doctors,pyhsiotherapists ect,I finally got a diagnosis from him.He is a bit serious,but I would see him again for sure.

Submitted July 3, 2012 | flag