Rate Dr. Farzin Ghannad

Dr. Farzin Ghannad's Ratings

I saw dr Ghannad at UBC for an anterior tooth extraction leading to an implant in 2009. He was supposed to be supervising residents work but was in fact not at all present to witness the poor work and total lack of accountability by his resident dr Tanya Tuckey. She denied giving me incorrect post op instructions that led to dry socket, major bone loss and a cascade of ensuing dental problems which remain unresolved 5 years later! Memories of dr Ghannad's staff's arrogance and dismissive attitudes linger on til today as does the dental disaster he left me with. Dr Ghannad is undeniably personable and seems expert at his profession however when I decided to give him another chance and follow him to his private practice for direct care by him rather than a resident in training, he again sided with his staff rather than hearing about my experience as a patient who had to endure their lack of accommodation. His staff insisted on canceling the last apt opening for this year for my gum surgery because dr Ghannad was unavailable for several days to answer a simple question I had regarding rest time required after gum surgery before resuming bleaching in preparation for crown work with another doctor.
Instead of resolving the issue and fitting me in to the original apt, he proceeded to send me a letter to say he was dismissing me as his because he decided the patient trust relationship had deteriorated. Again, total lack of accountability and zero invitation to hear about his patients experience.
If you want to feel powerless, humiliated and endlessly frustrated, dr Ghannad is your man!
All glory, no guts! The endless nightmare is not over because I am still stuck trying to find a dentist who isn't part of the UBC big boys club that all seem to be made if the same low integrity cloth!
I have had far better work and treatment outside of Canada!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Doctor Farzin Ghanad is the best doctor that we have ever seen knowledge, always available for his patients. He came to visit my wife when he was very tired and busy but he came to his office! We are completely satisfied. Thank you doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Ghannad is one of the best doctors I have ever met!! He is so professional and knowledgeable and has an awesome sense of humor. He was able to do a gum graft procedure on me that a previous doctor I had seen said was not possible. The healing was so quick with no pain, and he even called the next day to see how I was doing. He's an amazing doctor and person and I will definitely be seeing him for all my perio needs. In addition, the front staff is so nice which is a very rare thing. Would recommend him to everyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

I saw Dr. Ghannad based on the recommendation of my friend. I was very impressed with his professionalism and the way the treatment was delivered. Everything was explained very thoroughly during the examination. He would demonstrate on the 3D scan where to place the implants and the rational for some bone grafting. The implant surgery (2 implants) went very well with no problems during the healing phase. I love Dr. Ghannad's sense of humor which made me relax from the day of examination until the treatment was completed. He did even call the day after surgery to see whether I had any questions. His staff is great, friendly and most importantly very knowledgeable about the treatment. I would recommend Dr. Ghannad without hesitation. This man truly cares for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2013

This man defines the term "health care professional". He is charming, kind, and willing to explain all procedures in layman's terms. I was really nervous, and he did his best to put me at ease throughout my gum grafting procedure. My pain has been minimal, and I am healing quickly. Everyone in the office is friendly and helpful, and the care I received from start to finish was outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ghannad to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

Saved my holiday, very flexible, can speak very good german as well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

This guy is my hero! My gum was f up but within even my first appointment he got my problems sorted! I went to two other doctors but no one was like Dr Ghannad! I owe him my life!!! Thanks man!!!! Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I went to this dentist based on his reviews. I am very dissapointed. I am convinced that the dentist owes his reputation only to Google;Stay away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412983].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr Ghannad is the most welcoming, friendly medical professional I have ever come across. He answered all of my incessant questions about the gum graft procedure, let me watch him operate (with a mirror), and sent me home with a care package, clear cleaning directions, AND a follow up phone call! He is without a doubt, the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

This man should be cloned. I had an implant done by Dr. Ghnnad and I can sincerely rate him 5 PLUS on everything I had done. He is punctual, kind, compassionate, empathetic and above all, a master in his field. I would not hesitate and in fact will refer him to anyone I hear needing this treatment. I hold Dr. Ghannad and his staff in the highest esteem, there are none better. I needed the removal of a troublesome root and during the 2.5 hour procedure he was concerned about my pain, discomfort, reassuring and the list goes on. I cannot thank he and his wonderful staff enough. Emily Small

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][412981].votes_count ]]