Dr. Alvin Sanico

Baltimore, Maryland Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Allergist / Immunologist
Website: hopkinsmedicine.org External Link
Practice: Asthma Sinus Allergy Program, Llc.
Hospital: Johns Hopkins
Phone:410-583-8393
Med. School:Univ Of The Philippines, Coll Of Med, Manila, Philippines
Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 07/04/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Alvin Sanico has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5425581
25/04/14 5 5 5 5 I love this practice. Dr. Sanico and his practice at the Asthma Sinus Allergy Program at GBMC is so professional and attentive. I am grateful to report that my asthma and allergies have greatly improved because of their care.  Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6

06/10/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2709508
15/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sanico is excellent! He has helped me go from uncontrolled asthma (I wasn't diagnosed until I was an adult) to very well controlled asthma. The staff is always helpful and friendly, and I know if I have issues, I can call him any time and receive prompt assistance. He always offers samples, which is extremely helpful when money is tight. He knows and remembers his patients and what is going on in their lives, and I always feel welcome when I visit.
RID: 2459316
27/10/12 5 4 5 5 I've been to several doctors and have taken many medications that gave me only temporary relief. Dr. Sanico was able to identify what was triggering my symptoms and came up with a plan that actually worked. My asthma is now well controlled and I've been able to sleep though the night without having to wake up and use my Ventolin inhaler. I'd recommend him and his staff to anyone who wants to get to the bottom of problems related to asthma and allergies.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

07/07/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "TOWSON" to "BALTIMORE"

15/04/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1642699

23/11/11 4 3 1 2 This doctor knows allergies, but his response and treatment are formulaic. His English is poor, as is his bedside manner. You will be shuttled around and simply told what to do. There is no flexibility on cost, and this guy is top dollar. Parking is also expensive, so be prepared to pay a lot for your allergy treatment. If your condition is uncomplicated, you'll get what you need, but you won't feel good about it. This place is a factory. My recommendation -- find a local allergist who really cares and listens.
Insurance: BC Med
See Responses
RID: 1477668
01/07/11 5 5 5 5 My son's pediatrician referred me to Dr. Sanico and I'm glad that she did because his asthma and allergies that were really affecting him have since been well controlled by following Dr. Sanico's advice and treatment. I realized later that I myself did not have to suffer the same symptoms that I had been experiencing for as long as I can remember, thinking that feeling congested and breathless were "normal" and that I just had to put up with this condition. I am now also a patient of his and like my son am feeling much better. Dr. Sanico's accessibility is much appreciated; his cellphone number is even printed on the asthma action plan that they give to all their asthmatic patients! I am sure that alone has helped patients avoid a trip to the emergency department. His office is refreshingly modern with an internet cafe area for patients receiving allergen immunotherapy and his staff members are warm and caring. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone who asks my opinion.
RID: 1462320
11/06/11 5 5 5 5 I wish I saw this doctor years ago. I no longer suffer from asthma and allergies with the knowledge and treatment that he has provided.
RID: 1223298
06/08/10 5 4 3 5 Dr. Sanico is likeable and friendly, and he knows what he's doing. I think he would be great especially for first-timers, i.e. people bringing in kids to learn about allergies and asthma. However, he is almost totally incapable of stopping his seasoned patter to listen to the particulars of a new case. He has some built-in quiet moments during which the patient is expected to say, "Ok, please continue" or ask one of the dozen questions he is asked all the time (and for which he has scripted answers). If you ask an unexpected question or try to ask more than one question, he becomes flustered or just starts talking over you. Dr. Sanico knows what he's doing but he always does the same thing. In the end he's friendly and helpful and he's knowledgeable about allergies in general, but he thinks all cases are the same. Hope the cookie cutter approach works for you!
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $25
See Responses
RID: 1052100
07/12/09 5 5 5 5 Going to see Dr. Sanico has been the best thing I've ever done for myself! I feel so much better! This has been the best year of my entire life!!!
RID: 1049210
03/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sanico saw me today. He impressed me with both his knowledge and professionalism. In addition to the excellent medical treatment, he and his staff were warm and friendly throughout the entire appointment. Anybody looking for a great doctor in his field should look no further.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 593170
19/05/08 5 5 5 5 Highly recommended - took years worth of allergy/asthma/sinus issues and made them better in a matter of two visits!
RID: 468602
20/12/07 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Sanico. I've had problems with allergies for years, and he was the first to take the problem seriously, and produce results that were almost immediate.
RID: 266981
08/04/07 5 5 5 I would highly recommend this doctor if you have allergies,asthma or sinus problems. I was having shortness of breath for 7 weeks and could not get any results from any other dcotors. Took a lot of time with me with my first visit. He listened to me and diagnosed me with asthma. I am doing much better. Great doctor.
Insurance: MAMSI