Rate Dr. Misti S. Raman

Dr. Misti S. Raman's Ratings

I switched to Dr.Raman after going to another dentist in Columbia for many years. Dr. Misti Raman is the best dentist I have ever been to! The staff at Irmo Smiles are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this practice to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2358745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I was new to the area and Dr. Raman and her staff at Irmo Smiles came highly recommended by my neighbor. Like many others I have a fear of dentists stemming from trauma as a child. I was promptly greeted upon arrival and was delighted to find that the staff in the back were equally as friendly. Dr. Raman quite obviously has created this warm environment as she made me feel like an old family friend (very different than other offices I have been in). I have been a patient of hers now for over 2 years and wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. I have myself now referred many others to her office and they too have had a wonderful experience. I never met Dr. Nelson, but rest asssured that he did his homewotk when finding the perfect replacement. My family and I LOVE Irmo Smiles!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I don't have a problem with Dr. Raman personally; it's her staff. My family and I are no longer patients at this practice. Dr. Raman took over the practice from a very fine and wonderful dentist, Dr. Larry Nelson, when he retired last year. We were long standing patients of Dr. Nelson. His office was run smoothly, courteously and professionally. NOT the case now. In addition to being one of the highest priced dentists in Columbia, the office was unwilling to work with patients who can't afford to pay thousands of dollars up front for extensive dental work. When asked if the balance of payment could be made at the end of the month, the response was "we're not supposed to do that". I understand that practice has now changed and they will accept monthly payments. However, since we have changed dentists and had to contact them for our films, in dealing with this particular receptionist, she was very rude to me and my new dentist's office in trying to obtain family dental records.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][414670].votes_count ]]