Rate Dr. Doron Shmorgun

Dr. Doron Shmorgun's Ratings

My husband and I were patients of Dr. Shmorgun and considered ourselves to be very fortunate. He was friendly, punctual and took his time to explain our situation and the surgery I needed to have. On the day of my surgery, he was very reassuring and comforting, and made the call to my husband that surgery went well. Highly recommended!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

Excels at what he does, confidant, very skillful, performs procedures with minimal pain. Very professional and also attentive, cares about the patient, knows well the case and the way to handle it.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2014 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Shomrgun's for a few months now, and find him to be very straightforward and helpful. He provides clear explanations and advice. The office also runs efficiently and on time, which is great given how often you need to visit if you're undergoing any kind of treatment.

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

So far we are very pleased with Dr. Shmorgun and the clinic as whole.Today we had our appointment after our tests were done. Some tests for my husband came back not so favourable and contradictory from a test we had done in another province. Dr. Shmorgun asked for another sets of tests for him. My husband and I both have been extremely pleased with his professionalism and human approach. He took the time to provide further explanation. He is an excellent doctor and a professional. We are very fortunate to be under his care. It is hard enough going through something incredibly challenging and emotional, it makes a big difference to have a doctor who is understanding and professional. I have been reading some of the negative reviews on this page and people don't like to hear that they can't have what they want and it is natural to attack the person who is delivering the bad news. However. it is not right to put reviews emotional assessment on a place like this. Stick to facts please.

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

I really like Dr. Shmorgun. We've met with him a few times in the past 3 months and not once has he chewed gum in our meetings. He's very knowledgable and did not rush us to start expensive treatments. He recommended many tests and then discussed all results with us. I found him very pleasant! Not bad looking either!!

Submitted March 18, 2013 | flag

Excellent doctor! Would definitely recomend him. He is not rude, he is honest and straightforward - some people may not be interested in the truth. He is helpful and sympathetic and knows what he's doing.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

Terrible front desk staff at the OFC, they are rude and unhelpful. Dr Shmorgun was impatient and tried to start us on IVF right away despite the options available to us. Also as some other reviewers states he chews gum constantly!

Submitted Nov. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr. Shmorgun has been extremely unhelpful. He ran some test and told me I was "infertile" and needed surgery. We were devastated. We did some research and realized that there was only a small possibility that I was "infertile" and that surgery wasn't the only option. We went back to him and only because we pushed the issue did he admit this. Fortunately before we even tried anything else we got pregnant by ourselves. Unfortunately we had a miscarriage and he just told us to keep trying but didn't feel the need to discuss what may have been the cause. We again did our own research and brought something to his attention that we had mentioned months earlier (before the miscarriage). He had initially brushed off our comments but this time agreed that could be the problem. However, instead of doing tests he just prescribed medication (with terrible side effects). I felt bad asking for another dr. but we just don't trust him and don't feel like he cares about his patients.

Submitted May 16, 2012 | flag

We have been patients of Dr. Shmorgun for approximately 8 months. We have been extremely pleased with his professionalism and his approaches. We have never felt rushed and find that he will take the time to provide further explanation when needed. We have struggled in making many of the decisions associated with IVF. Dr. Shmorgun has always come to the table with an open mind, and has always taken our views and considerations into place when providing recommendations and treatment options. He personally, has also called us at home several times to follow up regarding some minor side effects I was experiencing and to answer additional questions regarding treatment options. He is an excellent Dr., we are fortunate to be under his care, and I would recommend him to anyone that was experiencing issues with fertility.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. Shmorgun treated me for egg freezing before I was going to start chemotherapy. I had 1 month to prepare for chemo when I got my cancer diagnosis. In that month, Dr. Shorgun did whatever he could to make sure I was able to get my eggs frozen. He explained everything very clearly (and even explained things differently whenever he noticed I didn't understand him 100% the first time!). He was always around throughout the whole process. Consider yourself lucky if he is your doctor!

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag