Rate Dr. Doron Shmorgun

Dr. Doron Shmorgun's Ratings

I have been a patient with Dr. Schmorgun for about a year and a half. I find him to be an extremely competent physician. However, most importantly, he is a compassionate and friendly physician. He communicates risks and benefits of all options clearly and concisely. He looks you in the eye as opposed to a chart when he talks to you. I have never felt rush in an appointment. He has taken time to call me on the phone instead to discuss test results as opposed to having me wait to make an appointment. He doesn't bill very every little thing e.g. for a medical note for employer etc. His staff are also very effective/efficient, and friendly. I appreciate the free and ample parking as well as the inviting and comfortable atmosphere of the medical building itself. I think all clinics, including family health, should follow a similar model.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Shmorgun, for help conceiving both of our children. He has always been professional, warm and empathic. I suffered numerous pregnancy losses (one of which was life threatening) while under his care, and he was always emotionally attuned and compassionate. I was never made to feel like it was just another pregnancy loss. Dr. Shmorgun performed two surgeries on me over the course of our years in treatment, and was very reassuring and an excellent surgeon. If you look at his recent photograph on the Ottawa Fertility Center website, this image really does justice to his very kind and warm countenance. He is as kind as he looks in that photo. We would be glad to work with him again in the future and patients in Ottawa are fortunate to have access to such an excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

A very bad Doctor. Hesitating about his recommandations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

At first he was great. Now I'm looking else where. They found an issue with me, i asked to try the alternative and it was a no. Why waste my time going there for the apt just tell me no one the phone. Its been two years and acomplished nothing but heart ache.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

My husband and I were patients of Dr. Shmorgun and considered ourselves to be very fortunate. He was friendly, punctual and took his time to explain our situation and the surgery I needed to have. On the day of my surgery, he was very reassuring and comforting, and made the call to my husband that surgery went well. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Excels at what he does, confidant, very skillful, performs procedures with minimal pain. Very professional and also attentive, cares about the patient, knows well the case and the way to handle it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Shomrgun's for a few months now, and find him to be very straightforward and helpful. He provides clear explanations and advice. The office also runs efficiently and on time, which is great given how often you need to visit if you're undergoing any kind of treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2358802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

So far we are very pleased with Dr. Shmorgun and the clinic as whole.Today we had our appointment after our tests were done. Some tests for my husband came back not so favourable and contradictory from a test we had done in another province. Dr. Shmorgun asked for another sets of tests for him. My husband and I both have been extremely pleased with his professionalism and human approach. He took the time to provide further explanation. He is an excellent doctor and a professional. We are very fortunate to be under his care. It is hard enough going through something incredibly challenging and emotional, it makes a big difference to have a doctor who is understanding and professional. I have been reading some of the negative reviews on this page and people don't like to hear that they can't have what they want and it is natural to attack the person who is delivering the bad news. However. it is not right to put reviews emotional assessment on a place like this. Stick to facts please.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][415522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I really like Dr. Shmorgun. We've met with him a few times in the past 3 months and not once has he chewed gum in our meetings. He's very knowledgable and did not rush us to start expensive treatments. He recommended many tests and then discussed all results with us. I found him very pleasant! Not bad looking either!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][415521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Excellent doctor! Would definitely recomend him. He is not rude, he is honest and straightforward - some people may not be interested in the truth. He is helpful and sympathetic and knows what he's doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][415520].votes_count ]]