Rate Dr. Kevin Martin

Dr. Kevin Martin's Ratings

Dr Martin himself is excellent, but I will not be returning and will find another physician, as one of the clinic's staff was extremely unpleasant not wanting to admit perhaps they had failed to complete some paperwork and that it was all my fault.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Very caring. Knowledgable, accommodating, punctual and great with my children. I've had several doctors in my lifetime and feel so very lucky that I and my family are now under the care of Dr Martin.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I have to say that I have read some of these comments and really do not agree! Dr.Martin is South African and they have a cordial respectful tone. Though he is not the "coffee talk" bedside manner- who wants that when dealing with serious health issues. His knowledge and patience is so excellent! He has shown empathy and been just as frustrated with my difficult journey to diagnose a very complex chronic disease. He has also shown decisive ACTION on every request I have. I never leave his office feeling bewildered of what took place. I give respect ,appreciative gifts and smiles to the staff that deals with a very hard environment. Maybe people should do the same and then they will have a good relationship with their doctor and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Curteous, caring and professional Dr Martin visited my mother at home until she died. His care at the end of her life was kind and thorough

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Not at all impressed. My age in 78 and thankfully I've been generally healthy. Martin is possibly one of the worst doctors I've ever known. Doesn't take your blood pressure unless you ask, even when he is aware you have atrial fibrillation, and then all of a sudden discovers I have hypertension. Plus he has messed up my prescriptions repeatedly. Nor does he communicate well when a test is taken. His staff is indifferent to the point of rudeness, and any specialist appointment arranged can be three months to six months later. Have advised him I am trying for find another doctor, but that is getting impossible to do in this area. Am seriously considering commuting between Parksville and Victoria - a distance of 100 miles each way - to visit my previous doctor, just for the safety of my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

His office has been unavailable for a week now due to computer training with no backup doctors and no notice to patients. The office staff is either overworked or generally unfriendly. His manner could use some work. He is getting better but it is still an issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][416465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2013

Dr Martin has been my Dr for almost 2 years. his bed side manner is getting better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][416459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

I took my client (who has developmental disabilities) to see doctor Martin this a.m. I had made an appointment for him to have an annual physical and was told that he needed to have a pre physical first and then I could make another appointment for his full physical. during this pre physical appointment the doctor asked my mentally challenged client if his blood pressure was okay????? He never proceeded to take it!!! in fact he didn't even advise what I should do for his cold sore on his lip. I told him that I was putting antiseptic cream on it but he never commented whether this was good or not. He never revised his medications, one of which is for high blood pressure. He gave us a lab form for some tests and the visit was over!!! No bedside manner at all, I am soooo happy that he isn't my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][416464].votes_count ]]