Rate Dr. Robert Burke

Dr. Robert Burke's Ratings

I found Dr. Burke when I searched for a good optometrist on this website. Before I saw him, I doubted a little bit about those great comments on him. But when he started to check my daughter’s eyes, his knowledge, thoroughness, patience and loving with kids were all proved to be true. I would highly recommend Dr. Burke for the following reasons:
1) He uses the high-tech equipment to examine the eyes, the result can speak itself. It helps him identify the problems of the eyes. Thanks to this technology, we found out that the prescription made by the previous optometrist is not accurate. It is understandable that when kids are tired after 10-15 minutes examination, it is hard for them to answer the questions like “which one is better ?”, “1 or 2 ?”. So, the prescription made in the traditional way is not much reliable. That’s why I think this technology is more suitable for the young kids.
2) He is very kind and patient with kids. He knows how to deal with those active young patients. Even though it was our first visit, my 5 years old girl likes him right away.
3) He is very knowledgeable and willing to explain why it happened, how it was developed, how to cure it and what we can do at home. You can tell through the conversation that he keeps himself updated with the latest research and study in the field. That is another reason we like him.
4) He is not in rush like other doctors. He is so patient to answer all of my questions.
I have highly recommended him to others who need a good optometrist and I will continue to take my girl to visit him for the follow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2611093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Hi. My 4 years old daughter had her eye check up, and I want to say that our first experience with Dr. Burke was very good, it wasn't a second when I would feel it is time to go, I asked as many questions as I had and he answered so well on them. I really liked the fact that he gave me his own vision and opinion to what I should do and how I should help my child. He didn't try to prescribe me right away a pair of glasses from his clinic to my child which previous optometrist really tried to without too many reasons for it. Summary: knowledgable, kind thoughtful and lovely with kids, honest. I would recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr Burke is he best optometrist in Calgary. He understand the interrelationship between eyes and total health. He is kind, thorough, listens and follows up. His equipment is state if the art and he takes time to explain things. He notices things before they become bigger issues and partners with the patient. Every one of these referrals resonates and is consistent. You will not be disappointed!! I have medical conditions which manifested with vision issues originally. We caught things in time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

As the other reviewers have said, you can not go wrong seeing Dr Burke. He is by far not only the Best Optometrist my family has seen but surely one of the best Dr's in general. After many years and many Eye Dr's not listening or taking the time to look into an issue my wife has Dr Burke finally did he solved the mystery along with provided the solution. He took all the time necessary and did not just run us through the steps and send us on our way. Look no further, book yourself to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

The best Optometrist in Calgary. As a prolific user of tripadvisor, I have deployed the same strategy to help me choose my medical professionals - extremely, extremely pleases with Dr. Burke. As an added bonus, I discovered that they carry Oliver Peoples (very difficult to find).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

I recently had some issues with my eyes and went to see Dr. Burke, and I was so glad I did. He is so knowledgable and took the time to explain what was going on and didn't just prescribe another eye drop which is what happened two times before when I had seen my family doctor. If you have issues with your eye, I highly recommend you see this eye specialist because he knows what he is doing and will take the time to explain it to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

After reading the comments below, I had high expectations, and I'm thrilled to report that Dr Burke exceeded all of them!! He was very helpful and genuine, I'm sooo pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

Wish I knew of Rob a decade ago. Been wearing wrong prescription for years, can see better and less headaches. His 3d modelling is essential; I wouldn't bother with any other optometrist who didn't have this type of equipment. Taking my whole family back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

Great experience with Dr. Burke – it was the most thorough eye exam I’ve ever had and I’ve been wearing glasses for many years. He’s the first doctor to explain to me what’s causing my astigmatism – thanks in part to the advanced technology that he has invested in. He’s very personable. He takes the time to carefully examine your eyes and understand your concerns. A drive from Edmonton is worthwhile to see Dr. Burke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

Absolutely fantastic. I've never had an optometrist go into such great detail during an eye exam, even though I was squeezed in over a lunch hour after an appointment mix up. Highly recommended, very professional and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][417727].votes_count ]]