Rate Dr. Jed Rabinovitch

Dr. Jed Rabinovitch's Ratings

Went to see my gp, an eye specialist in emerg and Dr. Stein but they diagnosed me incorrectly. Was referred by my cousin who is an ophthalmologist in Owen Sound to see Dr. Rabinovitch. He was the only one to correctly diagnose me with a severe case of viral conjunctivitis and prescribed the appropriate drops. He answered all of my questions and reassured me that no corneal scarring would occur to the point that it would affect my vision. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Rabinovitch. He's the Doctor that ended my three and a half months of pain and suffering.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag

I think dr Rabinovitch is an excellent dr. Wheenever my iritis flared up he let me go see him immediately. My iritis came back after 12 yrs and the receptionist wont let me see him unless I had a dr referral. I lost a week because of this silly rule and my eye was getting worse because my gp thought it was a pink eye.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2013 | flag

Exceptional Doctor. Quick and punctual - extremely knowledgable.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Jed Rabinovich took excellent care of me when Cataract surgery was done in 2009. I think he is one of the best.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag

If this is the doctor at the albany clinic,I found him to be rude and condescending.

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Rabinovith for over 20 years and I still make the trip to see him from Oakville, Ontario. He may not be a social butterfly but he is a very competent proffessional and I thank him for all his care over the years.

Submitted March 1, 2012 | flag

This doctor did my mother's cataract surgery. His bedside manner is awful. He insisted my mother's surgery was healing well when in fact she kept telling him she couldn't see any better than before the surgery. He belittled her and made her feel very embarassed and then got very upset when she told him she didn't want to do the other eye yet as she was afraid after this experience. He then insisted she make another appointment to get the surgery in motion and we couldn't leave his office without making that appoinment. Needless to say my mother will NEVER go back to see him after this treatment. I witnessed him being rude to another patient after she asked him for her card and he refused to give her one saying she didn't need to go back to see him. Stay away from this doctor!!

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

I find this ophthalmologist as lacking good manners. He seems to be so stressed even in an early morning routine. All doctors are busy on a daily basis so he should be used to it since he must be doing this for so many years. I witnessed him rudely asking a patient to have another re-schedule of an appointment due that day. The patient came in early as scheduled since it was confirmed by the staff. Rabinovitch insisted that there was a mistake since he was on call that day. The atmosphere became so tensed since the patient's wife got so upset with Rabinovitch. He even mentioned that other doctors charge $150 for the procedure he was supposed to perform. I don't think it was right for him to say that. Is that the real problem...he wants to charge the couple? That's being unprofessional. Doctors should tell patients right away if the specific procedure needs to be paid by the patient himself not by OHIP so he would be attended efficiently.

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

He is a very good opthamologist and I have been seeing him since I was a child.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag

I've going to Dr. Jed Rabinovitch for years for my Grave's disease and he is an excellent opthalmologist. Very knowledgeable and up to date with current treatments and technology. Excellent bedside manners. As with most medical offices you will have to be patient and wait as it get's busy sometimes, but the receptionists very nice to deal with. Thank you Dr. Jed!

Submitted Sept. 15, 2009 | flag