Rate Dr. Christine G. Gourin

Dr. Christine G. Gourin's Ratings

CT scan showed mass on my left parodit gland. I deciided to be proactive with this possible cancer and called, Johns Hopkins ENT made an appointment for that same week, followed up with an MRI and a needle biopsy which showed B cell lymphoma then DR Gourin performed surgery to remove tumor,parodit gland and a lymphnode for further biopsy to determine the exact type of B cell lymphoma I have so the oncologist can ascertain the proper treatment program. I found Dr.Gourin and her staff to be courteous , prompt, caring,helpful , and very knowledgeable .My family and I very highly recommend Dr. Gourin

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr. seemed knowledgable at first, after first complication she cut all ties, left me with no follow up appts., no records or returned phone calls. While battling cancer I was left to find a new Dr without any records as to what she had already done. Her staff will not cooperate with SS, so I had to fight for disability. I would not recommend this "Dr" to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2359045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Gourin is so skilled in her abilities it is absolutely amazing! She is a very straight forward and down to earth person as well as a wonderful surgeon. Her years of experience in her specialty of head and neck cancer just astounded me and my family. We were all blown away by her experience and how helpful her office was in getting a consult the very next day!! Love her and will forever be thankful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2012

BEST, BEST, BEST !!! This is the doctor you want to see for ANY ENT issue. Wonderful bedside manner. Knows her stuff. She saved my husbands life. Diagnosed with Tongue cancer in 2009 we chose to go to Hopkins - What a God send. Excellent surgeon. Called us at home, kept us informed of everything. Very serious in the beginning, but once we got to know her......If I needed surgery in the head or neck area - Hopkins and Dr. Christine Gourin is where you want to be !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

Doctor seemed very knowledgeable, but when it comes to getting a return phone call on the results, they don't do very well. It has been over 3 weeks and I am still waiting on the biopsy results which make a difference in the cure rate of my cancer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

Dr. Gourin was highly recommended to me for her surgical skill and expertise, and I also found her very compassionate and caring. Dr. Gourin has contributed greatly to my quality of life, and she is held in highest esteem by my family. I can't thank her enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

Dr. Gourin is wonderful. She always takes time to listen to me and does a thorough exam. She is a caring and compassionate doctor in addition to being highly skilled. Worth the trip.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2012

Waited for 90 minutes. Dr. really rushing me. Total time spent with me was less than 10 minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Gourin is a compassionate, caring woman who has not allowed her title of DOCTOR to change who she is. She is the most genuine doctor I have met and I will continue to travel from PA to MD to see her when the need arises. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2010

The entire experience was dreadful. Dr Gourin's staff did not fax the hospital for my records until I'd given her the # 3 times. All the employees I encountered at Johns Hopkins seemed to resent doing their job and I felt totally frustrated. I did complain to the doctor; but she was of little help. I finally switched doctors and who knows where my files and hospital results will end up???? Very frustrating experience. Dr Gourin seems very knowledgeable, but if you can't run your staff, then I'm in the wrong place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][419049].votes_count ]]