Rate Dr. T. Mark Ricketts

Dr. T. Mark Ricketts's Ratings

Mark Ricketts is just a doctor out for the money and his radio show

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

If your looking for a physician to spent time listening to your issues, Rickett's is not the one for you. He doesn't spend anytime with you and rarely looks up to even acknowledge you in the room. I really like his staff and thought I would give him another shot but encounted the same results. A doc in the box would be a better choice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr. Ricket has been my doc for 20 years. I've put up with a lot from him and his staff over the years but him cheating on his wife with another patient is the last straw for me and my family. Lost charts, canceled appointments, been yelled and cusd at by him for calling him out on over prescribing my son pain medication. He's a glorified drug dealer. His office is convenient but he's not the family man he's trying to portray.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr. Ricketts is a nice knowledgeable doctor. However, in almost all of my visits, he would come in, look at my issue and say "we'll get you fixed up". He would then head out and tell the nurse to call in what ever prescription that he felt I needed. I had no time to ask questions and he had none to ask himself. I had to ask the nurse to have Dr. Ricketts come back in as I had a few questions. He came back and I got one of my three questions out while he was heading towards the door again. Nice guy, but when I pay money to have something that is important to my health, I expect to have he or she take a reasonable amount of time to a
ask/answer questions to properly diagnose the problem. I assume that overbooking is the primary issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Ricketts is very good at diagnosing a condition. I've used him close to twenty years and often recommend him to friends. In the past few years, I've noticed that he spends less time with me, but his nurses get all your info prior to your seeing the doctor. I wouldn't consider using anyone but Dr. Ricketts .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr.Ricketts and his staff were very kind and professional when I had the first of a series of appointments. He listened to me and assured me he would discover the cause of problems that I was having. His nurse Tamara was very kind and empathetic. Blood work was done and xrays were taken of my back and they scheduled an MRI which I had within the week. At my second appointment Dr. Ricketts showed me the X-rays of my messed up back! I had been guilty of blaming it on prior chemotherapy . After an epidural at Brookwood Hospital I feel like a new person. My experience with Dr. Ricketts and staff has been great! I consider him to be my primary physician now. Jayne B. 'McDaniel, Vestavia Hills AL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

This guy is a joke. He sees you for 30 seconds and is on to the next room. I went to him for a routine "physical" and all that occurred was blood work. Ha! In addition, his nurses are running the show and acting as physicians. My nurse ordered a "necessary for insurance purposes" procedure before the doctor had even seen me. I declined and nothing was said by the doctor or my insurance about this supposedly necessary procedure. I would have needlessly been exposed to radiation and wasted money (what Dr. Ricketts is obviously all about) if I would have complied. Seriously, I could go on and on about my bad experience. I am terrified by the thought of someone with a chronic, serious condition being managed by Dr. Ricketts. Oh, and you wait forever to be seen, of course... Avoid this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2482906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Mark Ricketts was great. This was my daughters first visit and he was very welcoming and detailed. He has a great personality and the office is so nice and not the normal doctors office at all. Great doctor and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

First of all, RateMDs doesn't give a patient near enough space to "detail" any patient visit! I heard Dr. Ricketts on Doc on Jox radio and thought he would be a great internist. I am in healthcare so my expectations are reasonable for docs as I know the aggravation of dealing with the public. IMO, Dr. Ricketts was more interested in getting me in & OUT the door. He barely acknowledged me when he walked into the exam rm; made no effort whatsoever to open a doc-patient dialog with me. I AM A NEW PATIENT for him and not one "open-ended" question from him to allow me, his patient, to express any health concerns that I may have had. He barely looked up or spoke and basically kept his nose in his chart. When he left the room, I remembered thinking, "Certainly he's coming back!", it was like I was not even in the room during his SHORT visit with me! I will NEVER go back to Dr. Ricketts and I rate this doc the worst rating possible! Awful! My insurance had to pay for this doc visit?!?!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1187715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Went to Dr Ricketts for 2 years. Just change to new doc. While his staff is courteous he is not. Last visit for a reoccuring problem that he has still not diagnosed he was in room 30 seconds and told me we would get my heart palpatations under control, I don't have heart problems. His nurse even called in a refill on a prescription I had never taken . Would not recommend. If you go be prepared to wait a long time in waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1187714].votes_count ]]