Rate Dr. T. Mark Ricketts

Dr. T. Mark Ricketts's Ratings

This guy is a joke. He sees you for 30 seconds and is on to the next room. I went to him for a routine "physical" and all that occurred was blood work. Ha! In addition, his nurses are running the show and acting as physicians. My nurse ordered a "necessary for insurance purposes" procedure before the doctor had even seen me. I declined and nothing was said by the doctor or my insurance about this supposedly necessary procedure. I would have needlessly been exposed to radiation and wasted money (what Dr. Ricketts is obviously all about) if I would have complied. Seriously, I could go on and on about my bad experience. I am terrified by the thought of someone with a chronic, serious condition being managed by Dr. Ricketts. Oh, and you wait forever to be seen, of course... Avoid this doctor!

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mark Ricketts was great. This was my daughters first visit and he was very welcoming and detailed. He has a great personality and the office is so nice and not the normal doctors office at all. Great doctor and staff.

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

First of all, RateMDs doesn't give a patient near enough space to "detail" any patient visit! I heard Dr. Ricketts on Doc on Jox radio and thought he would be a great internist. I am in healthcare so my expectations are reasonable for docs as I know the aggravation of dealing with the public. IMO, Dr. Ricketts was more interested in getting me in & OUT the door. He barely acknowledged me when he walked into the exam rm; made no effort whatsoever to open a doc-patient dialog with me. I AM A NEW PATIENT for him and not one "open-ended" question from him to allow me, his patient, to express any health concerns that I may have had. He barely looked up or spoke and basically kept his nose in his chart. When he left the room, I remembered thinking, "Certainly he's coming back!", it was like I was not even in the room during his SHORT visit with me! I will NEVER go back to Dr. Ricketts and I rate this doc the worst rating possible! Awful! My insurance had to pay for this doc visit?!?!

Submitted March 10, 2013 | flag

Went to Dr Ricketts for 2 years. Just change to new doc. While his staff is courteous he is not. Last visit for a reoccuring problem that he has still not diagnosed he was in room 30 seconds and told me we would get my heart palpatations under control, I don't have heart problems. His nurse even called in a refill on a prescription I had never taken . Would not recommend. If you go be prepared to wait a long time in waiting room.

Submitted May 25, 2011 | flag

Rediagnosed me and got me on the right meds He is very knowledgeable.

Submitted April 22, 2011 | flag

When my mom and dad moved to Birmingham to live with me he was their new doctor. They saw him for about 2-3 years before needing to go to a nursing home. Medicaid requires a LOT of paper work- some from the attending physician. I was very sensitive about his time- scheduled an appointment for first thing in the morning and paid for the appointment myself. He walked in the exam room all cheerful but as soon as I told him what I needed he became very angry and said this is a bunch of sh--! I cried. He brought back the information but it was minimal. I took the paper and left never to return. It is very difficult to put parents in the nursing home and he made the situation worse and I felt awful. I am a nurse and was shocked by his behavior.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2011 | flag

I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy. I spent over an hour in waiting room - saw the doc less than 1 min. Didn't draw blood, take my blood pressure, or even my temp. Said I had a sinus infection, then prescribed an antibiotic that 3 pharmacists said would do absolutely NOTHING for a sinus infection - and it hasn't. Over a month later, I'm still having episodes of vertigo. I wouldn't let this man near my dog much less go back to him. and today - I get a bill saying I owe him another $35!!!! He needs to close his practice and just co-host a radio show - that's what he really seems to want to do anyway.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2010 | flag

My husband went there about 2 months ago and had blood work done. We had to call them back after several weeks for the results. Turned out he had the bacteria we were checking for and they called in the meds he needed. They were supposed to schedule him for an MRI and another procedure...still waiting to hear from them. The doc was running late for his radio time with JOX. So his time with the doc was rushed. Guess we are going to reschedule with another doc.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ricketts and his staff were all friendly, happy, and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Ricketts

Submitted May 13, 2010 | flag

I agree with the comments on this page about this Dr not taking time with his patients, we will fix you hotshot is about all you will get from him. after he spends close to a minute with you, he says he will be right back and the nurse returns to throw a presciption at the problem, Doc never returns. WHen I request refills, they are always tardy in responding. I have to ask several times. I have now fired this Doctor and will find one who genuinely cares about providing good health care. But hey, the radio show is entertaining.

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag