Rate Dr. Joseph King

Dr. Joseph King's Ratings

My first time going to an opthomologist and Dr. King made my experience extremely comfortable. His office is fairly new and clean.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. King office in Surrey is a mess, he is often 2 to 3 hours late, the staff turnover is extreme and I've even heard them say they don't know what they are doing. Although Dr. King is a very nice man (when you finally get to see him) I'm surprised what a mickey mouse office he is running at Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

My surgery (PRK) was done back in February of 2014. For the first 2 month till May I was staying at home on the sick leave with the really bad side effects: eye pain, blurriness, headaches. Today, 4 month later, I feel even worse. My eyes totally unbalanced! I got horrible stigmatism and without prescription eyeglasses I can't now drive a car, watch TV, play sport, can’t enjoy my life. The worst part of this nightmare- as a full time an Engineering designer, I can't completely perform my work! After 2-3 hrs working with computer my right eye starting throbbing with a pain and tears are coming out. This surgery totally changed my life!!! In additional to that I started experiencing with the permanent headaches, sexual misbalances and depression. Dr. King, you were the one who promised me safe and positive results the day of my surgery. How can you fix all of this mess you brought into my life and bring my eyes back to normal so I can move forward with my life? S. Stevens,July2014

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

Lasik is one of the best things I've ever done. I really enjoy being able to see without glasses. I enjoy skiing and it is freedom for me. It's been a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Dr. Kings team.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

I am sooooo glad that I listened to my friend and checked out Dr. King's office before I had my laser eye surgery. I almost went to another place because I thought it was a bargain, but after I checked them out, I realized it wasn't and I could pay the same amount and have Dr. King do my surgery. From my initial exam with dr. Williams to my meeting with Dr. King, everything was very easy and professional. I felt very confident that I made the right choice. I learned that there are real differences with the technology and it makes a difference. Dr. King has done more laser eye surgeries than anyone in BC so I felt really confident that I made a good choice. Within 1 day, I was 20/20- it was soooooo awesome! Can't wait to snowboard without my glasses!

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. King and his team were amazing. My experience was efficient and professional. I felt like they took time to answer my questions and ensure that I was making the right choice for me. The office is well appointed, professional and the staff were nice and friendly. The procedure took only a few minutes and by the next morning, I could see so well I could see the leaves on the trees across the street. I was referred to Dr. King by a friend. This was the best money I have ever spent- no more glasses or contacts. Thank you!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2013 | flag

Wish I never had my PRK procedure. Wore contact lenses for 20 years with no problems. Can't believe I spent thousands of dollars to make my vision worse. My 1 week and my 1 month appointments both had to be rescheduled because doctor was sick. Dr. Nelson started describing Lasik procedure on the day of the surgery although I was having PRK. They took contact lense off too early on the 3rd day and one of my eyes became stuck to eyelid that evening. Very painful. Big disconnect between staff and doctors, you always get two different stories depending on who you speak to. Day of procedure was excrutiating. Had first procedure of day and was told I couldn't take drops until dinner. You will only ever speak to surgeon day of procedure. I'm 1 month now and can only read 20/40 both eyes. I'm young and healthy and have got tons of sleep this past month. Still can't read computer screen with one eye. Ghosting and double very bad in one eye. Topographic map did not look promising.

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag

Great experience! Dr King and Dr Lau whom i saw for all the pre and post operative work really helped my initial anxiety, and the follow up care has been phenomenal. Highly recommended. 2 months at 20-15 and counting!

Submitted Dec. 30, 2010 | flag

2 years ago I had laser eye surgery done on my eyes. It was inexpensive compared to other companies. I went with Intralase Lasik using Wavefront technology. It's the best money I have ever spent. Procedure was painless & surprisingly quick; about 10 mins & results were immediate; I was able to see things without my glasses right after the surgery. My eyes healed after about 2 weeks. Clearly Lasik staff are professional, friendly, helpful & informative. Dr.King was a super nice guy & very knowledgeable! For 15 years I wore glasses every day. Never thought that 1 day I'd be able to experience the freedom of not having to wear glasses to see. It's a joy to be able to do activities in the rain & snow & not have to worry about your glasses getting fogged up or drops of water on them. No more dealing with smudges on your glasses. No more dealing with contacts & experiencing dry eyes. It's miraculous that they are able to correct your vision. So grateful to have had this done!

Submitted Dec. 28, 2010 | flag

Love it - Worth every penny. You get what you pay for. The cheaper LASIK centers use blades and don't do custom wavefront LASIK. I picked Dr. King for his experience and the technology. Dr. King is the Canucks LASIK surgeon and I know why. Glad I picked this centre.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag