Rate Dr. Agnieszka Barts

Dr. Agnieszka Barts's Ratings

Dr. Barts has been incremental both my husband and myself in improving our life and health.
Would recommend her to anyone and have!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Very kind and knowledgeable doctor. Never have to wait and she's always ready to explain in detail her treatment and diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr Barts is amazing, accessible by email, phone, and super good at follow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Love Dr. Bart's! Her receptionist/assistant leave SO much to be desired. Not a person I like dealing with at all. Never friendly, never returns phone messages until days or weeks later. I know it's a busy office, but really?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517288].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Dr. Barts is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. She is not only helping with my Thyroid problem, but also looking after all other health concerns I have. She is truly a doctor who is knowledgeable, helpful and passionate about her job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Best Doctor Ever. She has been my doctor for about 7 years. She really cares. She has a wonderful manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I am a patient of Dr. Barts who was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and was interested in the comment below regarding reverse T3. I looked up the original article cited by the commenter below and found that they failed to mention that this article was published in the mid 1970s!! I did some more digging and researching and it seems that the consensus among endocrinology experts today (almost 40 years later), is that reverse T3 is 'metabolically inactive'. However, there are some naturopathic doctors that disagree and believe reverse T3 is of some use. Dr. Barts is young and knowledgeable and I have found her to always be on top of current research and treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

Many endocrinologists believe that reverse T3 (3,3’,5-triodothyronine) is only an inactive metabolite with no physiologic effect. This is an erroneous belief as this and other studies demonstrate that reverse T3 (rT3) is a more potent in­hibitor of T4 to T3 conversion than propylthiouracil (PTU) which is a medication used to decrease thyroid function in hyperthyroidism. In fact, rT3 is 100 times more potent than PTU at reducing T4 to T3 conversion. Clearly demonstrating that rT3 not just an inactive metabolite, but rather a potent inhibitor of tissue thyroid levels. The authors conclude, “Reverse t3 appeared to inhibit the conversion of t4 to T3 with a potency which is about 100 times more than PTU…” http://www.custommedicine.com.au/health-articles/reverse-t3-dominance/ SOURCE: A study of extrathyroidal conversion of thyroxine (T4) to 3,3’,5-triiodothyronine (T3) in vitro. Endocrinology;101(2):453-63. Chopra IJ

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

I have gone to see Dr. Barts multiple times and both times she was very informative and very friendly. She actually really cared what was going on. Most doctors just want to push you out the door, but she took her time and showed me things I never knew before. Would recommend her in a heart beat !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I met Dr. Barts in Royal Columbian Hospital after receiving life saving treatment for my newly diagnosed condition. I am so grateful that she took me on as a patient. She is the best doctor I have ever been to! She is extremely knowledgeable and keeps up to date on the latest medical technology. She genuinely cares and will follow up through e-mails. She has impeccable bedside manner... 10/10 doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421019].votes_count ]]