Rate Dr. John J. Murphy

Dr. John J. Murphy's Ratings

I scheduled an appointment. When I arrived the staff asked for a $90 payment. I explained that my insurance covers 100% of in network providers with a $40 co-pay for specialists. She smiled and told me that I hadn't met my $500 deductible. I explained to her that the deductible wasn't applicable to doctor's appts. After some time she came back and said they would collect 40 and send me a bill for the other 50. What??? She kept giving me this simple smile like I was and idiot. Not to mention she was very difficult to understand. I cancelled my apt and went home to call my insurance company who very simply verified my understanding of the office co-pay. Would never use them! Wouldn't trust their billing! Never even got in to see the doctor. He could be the best doctor in the world but his staff are terrible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Nice guys but he didn't diagnose a Planter's wart (" I don't know what it is") properly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable, took care of my problem in an excellent manner. I have never been disappointed with anyone associated with Johns Hopkins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2011

Dr. Murphy was my third podiatrist. I have found him to be knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and not difficult to get an appointment with. He did make me a very expensive orthotic that I was not totally happy with. But he was willing to adjust it for me for free. I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2010

I went to Dr Murphy on the advice given on RateMD. I too found him to be both knowledgeable and thorough. When he recommended surgery, I got a 2nd opinion from an orthopedic surgeon who agreed with Dr Murphy. I will update this after surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Dr. Murphy is very knowledgeable and helpful. He took the time to explain in great detail about the "problem" I had. He did not rush and was very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][421207].votes_count ]]