Dr. Bannie L. Tabor

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Bannie L. Tabor has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5513278

04/06/14 1 1 1 3 Horrible staff! Everyone except the sono tech was incredibly rude! I had an appointment and waited 3 hours in the waiting room to be seen. I was referred to him because of my accreta. I am so thankful I looked elsewhere and did not settle for him. When I asked questions about my condition he was very rude. When I asked about how he determines the delivery date he said "here's what will happen. I will give you a date, then you will want to go longer, that night you will come into the hospital hemorrhaging and I will have been out drinking and none of my partners will be able to help you because they aren't as skilled as I am." My jaw hit the floor who talks to someone like that. I went to Houston and I couldn't be happier I made the commute to get the care I needed for my serious situation. Oh and for fun if you don't pay your bill in full, they add a $5 charge each billing cycle until it is paid off. Wouldn't recommend him to care for my dog!
RID: 5415605
22/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tabor was the BEST OB/GYN doc ever. He took care of me and my baby, he alway reassurred me that things were ok and I was going to have a healthy baby and I did.
RID: 3612172
21/11/13 5 5 5 5 Amazing and humane are the only a few words i can use to describe Dr.Taber & his wonderful staff. After being looked at as a diagnosis code by insurance and denied a much needed procedure by both BCBS & MEDICAID Dr. Taber gave my family peace by excepting us as selfpay and performed a procedure that was medically necessary for my health. I went from 11weeks to 16weeks being turned down doctor after doctor after being told my son would only live 3 hrs after birth and they recommended to terminate. Once the insurance denied the doctors only answer was to continue a full pregancy and we bury our son. Dr. Taber saw the hurt we saw and gave us the parents the choice instead of insurance labeling us as just another abortion. Our son we loved and would have continued if it was Gods will, but it wasnt. A million thanks to Dr. Taber and his staff for keeping healthcare between the office and the patient and not letting insurance call the shots or make a decision for us!  Respond
RID: 1702272
01/02/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Tabor is AMAZING! Would have never had my babies that I have right now without him. Words can not express what an amazing doctor he is!!!!
RID: 1541300
19/09/11 5 3 5 5 He is an absolute genius! He is the only doctor who caught a genetic problem which would have been catastrophic had it gone untreated. Dr. Tabor IS the cutting edge. He doesn't wait for others, he is known throughout the country in his field as one of the best. If you have a high risk pregnancy, he is the man!
RID: 1287603
06/11/10 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Tabor because I was looking for a second opinion. I was informed that my pregnancy was possibly high risk. I suspected that my first doctor was misinforming me and misreading a level 2 sonogram. I was right. Dr. Tabor gave my the correct information and answers were thorough with any questions I had. I was informed he has a long wait time, but I got lucky and was able to schedule appt same day I was in contact with staff. He gave me peace of mind and I am thankful!
RID: 1252499
17/09/10 5 5 5 5 It has been almost 7 years since we were under the car of Dr Tabor, the harderst time in our lives and I still often think of him warmly. He always answered our questions and felt like he would have sat with us all day in any given appointment if we had kept on asking questions. His compassion is abundant and his wit is a wonderful mood breaker, but also shows even more care. This man cares for his patients and is always thinking of them even when he isn't at the office or hospital.
RID: 1139735
30/03/10 5 2 5 5 The expression you cant rush excellance holds true. The wait to see him can be anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours. He does not look like your average dr nor act like one but thats part of his charm & he really is brillant. I first met dr Tabor under difficult and serious circumstances with my first pregnancy seven years ago. I was under his care while hospitalised for two and half months, it was a terrifying time but he was there every step of the way with his ever calm demeanor. My first baby only lived seven days on the day we had to say goodbye to our baby he came to he NICU to be with us. Thats the kind of man he is.Prior to seeing Tabor we had seen two other local perinatologist trust me he is far superior. He has been our dr every pregnany since with happier outcomes. He is patient & will anser all my numeous questions. He definatly has a unique personality dry sense of humor but veary sweet & funny. We concider him not only our dr but friend.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1052341
08/12/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tabor delivered my twin boys. He is the best doctor I have ever seen. I am SO thankful that i had him, I went into labor at 35 weeks and had some complications during my delivery. I feel if I would have had any other doctor things would not have turned out as good as they did. He is ALWAYS answered all of my questions, even if I asked him stupid ones. :-) If we have anymore I will DEFINITELY go back to Dr. Tabor, I do not think I would trust any other doctor. He is an awesome doctor! Once you get to know him, he is very funny and extremely caring.
RID: 930309
06/07/09 2 1 1 1 I had to see Dr. Tabor since I was carrying twins. I didn't like him at all. I once waiting 3 hours for my appointment even though I showed up 20 minutes before my appointment time. He was rude to me and acted annoyed when I asked questions. He also kept telling me to have a c-section simply b/c I was carrying twins. I had someone else actually deliever my babies but I had to get my sonograms done by him.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 473291
30/12/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tabor was on call at the hospital when my daughter was brought in by ambulance. She was 31 weeks in her pregnancy and had developed preeclampsia. Dr. Tabor took control of her situation and made sure she was not in harms way. He and another surgeon tried to reverse her problems, to no avail. Baby was delivered and both baby and mom are doing great. I'm thankful that Dr. Tabor was on call and took control of every situation, even the most trying ones.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 367465
16/07/07 5 5 5 5 We used Dr Tabor for our first High-risk baby and now our second non-highrisk he took us on just to follow up. On the outside he seems like he is riding the fine line of ingeniousness vs. insanity but once you get over his dry humor you will find that he is an incredible doctor with much sympathy to you. Regardless of if we are high-risk or not we will use him again. He is an incredible familyman, caring (even though it seems he doesn't) and a top doctor in FTW.