Rate Dr. Jose Rodriguez

Dr. Jose Rodriguez's Ratings

Very happy with his work. Could not recommend him more highly.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

7 years ago Dr. Rodriguez operated my inguinal hernia (right). That same night I went playing cards with my friends. They did not believe I had undergone surgery that very day.
July 2014: Another hernia, this time left side. Phone call to Dr. Rodriguez, appointment the following day, 4 days later operation. Perfect! Used 2 Tylenol that night, felt so comfortable and fit that I played golf 5 days after the operation, however without the doc knowing (for golf players: Due to an easier and less powerful swing the balls went straight and longer than usually!). He formally allowed me to play golf after 2 weeks. Service is just incredible, Dr. Rodriguez makes you feel safe and well. I also liked that he does not use antibiotics! Would like to give him 6 stars in the rating. JK from Germany

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Rodriguez performed a repair on my inguinal hernia. I was amazed at his skill. He operated on me on a Friday morning and he told me that I would be able to go back to work the following Monday. I was not disappointed! In fact, I went to work by Metro that Monday. Dr. Rodriguez is very thorough when explaining the process. He offers his cellular phone number in case you need to contact him. He called me at home the night of the surgery and again on the following two mornings. Everything was exactly as he predicted. I had so little pain that I never needed to take the codeine that he prescribed and was fine with the anti-inflammatory (Voltaren) 5 days, and one Tylenol at night before bed the first 3 nights. No additional pain-killers required during the day. One month has passed since my surgery and I am back at Yoga class doing all poses with no discomfort. I was able to walk home from work (6.5 km) one week after the surgery! I recommend Dr. Rodriguez wholeheartedly.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

Dr Rodriguez operated my inguinal hernia 7 months ago. All the reviews here reflect my own experience as well. Dr Rodriguez is exceptionally kind, caring and available for his patients, in addition to being an experienced and skilled surgeon. Everything went smoothly and without incident, recovery was a matter of days and after several months the scar is barely visible. I'm extremely satisfied with my experience and I would definitely go back to him if I had to start over.

Submitted July 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Rodrigues has a kind and gentle manner which is appreciated by his patients. He is competent and dedicated. Dr. Rodrigues always makes himself available for questions or concerns. My recovery was quick and I experienced minimal discomfort. D.C.

Submitted June 2, 2014 | flag

Opération en nov.2013 pour un hernie ombilical.Récupération facile,pas de douleur,suivi personnel par le médecin.C'était la 3eme opération,les deux premières ont été plus difficiles et réalisées ailleurs.Je recommande à ceux qui hésitent de ne plus attendre.Enttre la 1ère visite et l'opér.ds. mon cas, 5jours.... G.M.

Submitted March 22, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Rodriguez here. It seemed that his reviews were too good to be true. I had my hernia surgery at the end of December. All the positive things I read were 100% true! I too was prescribed pain killers before the surgery, but had no need for them. I really don't understand why I only felt the mildest of discomfort after surgery! I wish that Dr. Rodriguez was part of the Quebec Provincial Health Plan because the cost was a challenge for me. However,I have no regrets about spending the money for my best care - which I received from Dr. Rodriguez. I had a very quick recovery with no complications. Dr. Rodriguez is a kind, caring, skilled surgeon. Highly recommended.

Submitted March 16, 2014 | flag

My surgery was uneventful. The surgery was painless. The doctor had prescribed some pain medication and I never took them. Instead I used a couple of Tylenols. He not only corrected the original hernia with a no tension mesh procedure, he added another mesh to preemptively protect me from another hernia in a different location (could happen in 10 years for me). I am beyond satisfied. His personal attention, multiple follow ups is astonishing. I cannot recommend Dr. Rodriguez more highly! I did the surgery Friday and I am back to work on Monday.

Submitted March 3, 2014 | flag

This surgeon is a wizard who solved the hernia problem in a nearly painless fashion--no pills needed and I was walking 2 Km (carefully) a day later. I was home after about 4 hours total in the hospital.He followed up with phone calls and everything worked out perfectly. After 4 days I almost felt like jogging and in 10 days I am sure I could have but I am obeying his suggestions. If I had to have a repeat procedure (likely due to my fault) I would ask for another treatment by Dr. R. He is what doctors should be. He is friendly and smart and courteous. A real gentleman. 6 on 5 not 5 on 5. D.H.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

Un grand spécialiste en hernie. J’ai été opéré pour une hernie inguinale le 8 novembre 2013. Je ne peux que me réjouir d’avoir été opéré par lui. Il a été très généreux dans ses explications et me suis senti en confiance dès ma première visite. Je n’ai eu aucun mal ni pendant ni après l’opération. Même pas eu besoin de pilules pour le mal. Vous avez juste à suivre ses recommandations surtout par rapport aux compresses froides et les exercices même si vous n’en voyez pas la nécessité. Tout ce que je vois environ 6 semaines après l’opération, c’est une cicatrice tracée à la règle en voie de disparition. Le meilleur conseil que je peux vous donner c’est le plus vite le mieux c’est, vous allez vous sentir moins limité dans vos activités. Merci au Dr José Rodriguez ! N.M.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2013 | flag