Rate Dr. Jose Rodriguez

Dr. Jose Rodriguez's Ratings

In Late July of this year I suffered a inguinal hernia after working out in the gym. A neighbour of mine gave me Dr.Rodriguez’s phone number explaining to me that he was not in the public system. I called him to make an appointment. My jaw dropped when he said he would see me the following day. I was convinced that I would have to suffer for months before getting an appointment this was a pleasant surprise to be seen so quickly! On my first visit I was totally blown away by his “bed side manner”. He was a breath of fresh air. His explanations and advice were complete. He walked me through all aspects of the operation and at the end of the appointment I was totally satisfied and booked the surgery. All went as planned. I was empresses by the post operation follow up. Everyday @9:00 he called to ask how I was doing. How many people can say that when using the public system? Dr. Rodriguez is a fine doctor I would recommend him to anyone who suffered from a hernia. Thank you
GKM

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Very happy with his work. Could not recommend him more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

7 years ago Dr. Rodriguez operated my inguinal hernia (right). That same night I went playing cards with my friends. They did not believe I had undergone surgery that very day.
July 2014: Another hernia, this time left side. Phone call to Dr. Rodriguez, appointment the following day, 4 days later operation. Perfect! Used 2 Tylenol that night, felt so comfortable and fit that I played golf 5 days after the operation, however without the doc knowing (for golf players: Due to an easier and less powerful swing the balls went straight and longer than usually!). He formally allowed me to play golf after 2 weeks. Service is just incredible, Dr. Rodriguez makes you feel safe and well. I also liked that he does not use antibiotics! Would like to give him 6 stars in the rating. JK from Germany

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Rodriguez performed a repair on my inguinal hernia. I was amazed at his skill. He operated on me on a Friday morning and he told me that I would be able to go back to work the following Monday. I was not disappointed! In fact, I went to work by Metro that Monday. Dr. Rodriguez is very thorough when explaining the process. He offers his cellular phone number in case you need to contact him. He called me at home the night of the surgery and again on the following two mornings. Everything was exactly as he predicted. I had so little pain that I never needed to take the codeine that he prescribed and was fine with the anti-inflammatory (Voltaren) 5 days, and one Tylenol at night before bed the first 3 nights. No additional pain-killers required during the day. One month has passed since my surgery and I am back at Yoga class doing all poses with no discomfort. I was able to walk home from work (6.5 km) one week after the surgery! I recommend Dr. Rodriguez wholeheartedly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr Rodriguez operated my inguinal hernia 7 months ago. All the reviews here reflect my own experience as well. Dr Rodriguez is exceptionally kind, caring and available for his patients, in addition to being an experienced and skilled surgeon. Everything went smoothly and without incident, recovery was a matter of days and after several months the scar is barely visible. I'm extremely satisfied with my experience and I would definitely go back to him if I had to start over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr. Rodrigues has a kind and gentle manner which is appreciated by his patients. He is competent and dedicated. Dr. Rodrigues always makes himself available for questions or concerns. My recovery was quick and I experienced minimal discomfort. D.C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Opération en nov.2013 pour un hernie ombilical.Récupération facile,pas de douleur,suivi personnel par le médecin.C'était la 3eme opération,les deux premières ont été plus difficiles et réalisées ailleurs.Je recommande à ceux qui hésitent de ne plus attendre.Enttre la 1ère visite et l'opér.ds. mon cas, 5jours.... G.M.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1191034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I found Dr. Rodriguez here. It seemed that his reviews were too good to be true. I had my hernia surgery at the end of December. All the positive things I read were 100% true! I too was prescribed pain killers before the surgery, but had no need for them. I really don't understand why I only felt the mildest of discomfort after surgery! I wish that Dr. Rodriguez was part of the Quebec Provincial Health Plan because the cost was a challenge for me. However,I have no regrets about spending the money for my best care - which I received from Dr. Rodriguez. I had a very quick recovery with no complications. Dr. Rodriguez is a kind, caring, skilled surgeon. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1191033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

My surgery was uneventful. The surgery was painless. The doctor had prescribed some pain medication and I never took them. Instead I used a couple of Tylenols. He not only corrected the original hernia with a no tension mesh procedure, he added another mesh to preemptively protect me from another hernia in a different location (could happen in 10 years for me). I am beyond satisfied. His personal attention, multiple follow ups is astonishing. I cannot recommend Dr. Rodriguez more highly! I did the surgery Friday and I am back to work on Monday.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1191032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

This surgeon is a wizard who solved the hernia problem in a nearly painless fashion--no pills needed and I was walking 2 Km (carefully) a day later. I was home after about 4 hours total in the hospital.He followed up with phone calls and everything worked out perfectly. After 4 days I almost felt like jogging and in 10 days I am sure I could have but I am obeying his suggestions. If I had to have a repeat procedure (likely due to my fault) I would ask for another treatment by Dr. R. He is what doctors should be. He is friendly and smart and courteous. A real gentleman. 6 on 5 not 5 on 5. D.H.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1191031].votes_count ]]