You may also like

Rate Dr. Alan Weiss

Dr. Alan Weiss's Ratings

Dr. Weiss was very nice and comforting when he conducted an endoscopy on my wife. Being new to the city, we shared this information with him and he was nice enough to offer to recommend a GP for us.

Worst staff member I've come across when dealing with people in the medical profession. I cant say you will be treated in the same nice manner Dr. Weiss treats his patients. His receptionist/administrative assistant (whatever she is) is extremely rude and very condescending when she speaks to you. Barely lets you finish your statement before she interrupts. When I told her of Dr. Weiss' offer, she immediately went off on how she's known him for a very long time and that's the first she has ever heard him say that. Well guess what!? Life is full of surprises, why don't you go and confirm with him instead of arguing with a stranger. Ridiculous! If there is any other way to get to Dr. Weiss without having to speak to her, highly recommend it!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2758657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I found him to be very patient with me and a good listner. He explained things cleary and what my options were. He always has time for me and I never feel that I am being rushed. Overall genuinely caring and friendly. I would highly recommend. I am thankful that he is my doctor. (PLUS...Staff is always being "A" one)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Weiss by my oncologist GP 2 yrs ago for a suspected IPMN which was thought to be malignant. He performed a Endoscope and said he felt it was more 0f a psuedocyst and because he felt there was no tell tale signs of a IPMN.He instructed me to "quit drinking alcohol" even though i told him i was not a drinker (i am ndn, but don"t drink). He said i shouldn't be feeling any pain and to get off my pain meds (which i don't even take regularly). I felt discomfort after each procedure and he said i shouldn't be feeling and discomfort. Even after a couple more Endoscopes he suggested that i come back in a year, still believing that i didn't need surgery and it was a psuedocsyt and if i lose weight it would go away. Last year i had a ERCP done by another Dr. and was confirmed IPMN and that it needed to come out before it becomes malignant. I think he could be a great Dr. but he needs to improve his listening skills...and trust that a patient knows their body.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

I have been under treatment for over 10 years. I find him the most caring knowledgeable specialist I have ever known. I can safely say I own my life to him

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Weiss for 27 years. In that time I've had several Colitis attacks, he has examined me by colonoscopy about once per year and has prescribed appropriate medication when needed. I have had no problems with him, I've found him to be totally competent and concerned for my health. His manner is businesslike, but then I need a G.I. not a buddy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

After waiting 6 months to see Dr. Weiss; the first appointment ended up with Dr. Weiss suggesting a keep a food diary and then book a follow up appointment. During the follow-up appointment Dr. Weiss suggested all my IBS problems were due to my diet of Indian food. I asked him to show me the Indian food in my diary; he went through every page and then pointed at the word ratatouille. I let him know that this was a French dish. He obviously wasted my time and did not even look at the diary. If anyone refers you to Dr. Weiss ask for referral to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2011

In hind-sight, if I was referred to this Doctor I would insist on being sent elsewhere, even out-of-province. I was referred as a ASAP cancer patient. He was late. He interviewed without having access to my file (he said), (which for the record, is in the hospital computer). I was instructed to call his office in 7 - 10 days if I had not heard from them. I did. His office had no idea who I was. Remember he had accepted me as an ASAP cancer patient. He went on vacation. I do contact his office to remind them that I'm still here. I'm still waiting.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2011

My wife was diagnosed with IPMN recently and is very thankful that the diagnostics is not relying on his very unprofessional non-medical opinion to this very serious diagnosis. To implicate that she may have indigestion may be the source of her pain. It seems that his diagnostic skills are not very good as percentages are paid in human lives. I realize that it is a tricky disease and again is thankful for the many doctors working on my wife.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

He was very rushed and did not want to answer all my questions.he didn't even check me properly.I will definitely be seeking a 2nd opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2011

Have been under his care for many years and have found him to be knowledgeable, caring and thorough. Can wait sometimes but think that is the nature of his work. Always follows up. Did prefer him at his private office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193424].votes_count ]]