You may also like

Rate Dr. Justin Chau

Dr. Justin Chau's Ratings

Narcissistic, huge ego, condescending and doesn't listen to anything a patient has to say regardless. A horrible medical experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Mr. Chau is the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. And he is at the peak, apart himself from other doctors many miles away in terms of worseness. He plays his ego to the extreme, not listen to the patient at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

He has a huge ego and basically doesn't like to listen the patient and their concerns. I left his office with out an explanation what is happened with my ear. He just guessed and doesn't look like interested about find a solution.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2592826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Finally after slowly losing hearing through 20's and early 30's I have an answer and it is surgery correctable!! Dr Chau was wonderful as were his staff. Took about 3 months to get in but he was off on summer vacation for a chunk of that. Surgery booked in Sept 8 for Dec 10. Excellent in my opinion for elective surgery. Risks and complications as well as alternatives clearly stated (I am a nurse so this is a biggie with me). Initial appointment including audiogram, dr consult, surgical prep discussion took 2 hours but I wasn't sitting around too much. My only suggestion is for the love of god get some magazines! All there were was 1 lonely magazine the rest was mind numbing trade mags for plastic surgery from the other Dr. Not exactly a deal breaker though lol.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2540053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

very good preliminary visit with an informative examination of my nose and ear. cat scan recommended, so more tests and decisions to be made. took the time to answer my questions, and i did not feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Very little help, I think he was just guessing and had no real conclusion as to what was going on. MRI said normal but ringing is there with something physical in my ear canal. He gave me very little time to discuss my concerns. He had a female doctor present, no approval from me. It seemed he was showing off more than trying to help. Mentioned something about covering his ears for protection when he's shooting the 9mm, I just agreed. Not impressed, I waited 6 months to see him and less than 15 minutes later I was leaving the building with no real evidence as to why my ear is ringing so much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Chau was the most dedicated, knowledgeable, personable and professional specialist I have met in the Calgary Health region within the last 10 years.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

I have had ear problems my entire life, and therefore have had a number of ENTs. When I moved to Calgary from Ontario I was worried about finding an ENT to replace my rather excellent doctor in Ontario. I was told by audiologist that Dr. Chau was highly recommended so I decided to give him a call. Dr. Chau has been living up to his reputation in a big way. He has a good bedside manner, well informed, and was able to clearly explain what was going on with my ear. While he was a little late for my appointment is wasn't nearly as bad as I've experienced before with other doctors.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I found Dr. Chau to be personable while still maintaining his professionalism. Dr. Chau obviously very respected for his superior abilities amoung co-workers and within the hospital as "on of the best ENT's Calgary has".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

This doctor achieved what no other ENT or MD did for my ears. He was personable, proffessional and skilled

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1193830].votes_count ]]