Rate Dr. Justin Chau

Dr. Justin Chau's Ratings

Finally after slowly losing hearing through 20's and early 30's I have an answer and it is surgery correctable!! Dr Chau was wonderful as were his staff. Took about 3 months to get in but he was off on summer vacation for a chunk of that. Surgery booked in Sept 8 for Dec 10. Excellent in my opinion for elective surgery. Risks and complications as well as alternatives clearly stated (I am a nurse so this is a biggie with me). Initial appointment including audiogram, dr consult, surgical prep discussion took 2 hours but I wasn't sitting around too much. My only suggestion is for the love of god get some magazines! All there were was 1 lonely magazine the rest was mind numbing trade mags for plastic surgery from the other Dr. Not exactly a deal breaker though lol.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

very good preliminary visit with an informative examination of my nose and ear. cat scan recommended, so more tests and decisions to be made. took the time to answer my questions, and i did not feel rushed.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Very little help, I think he was just guessing and had no real conclusion as to what was going on. MRI said normal but ringing is there with something physical in my ear canal. He gave me very little time to discuss my concerns. He had a female doctor present, no approval from me. It seemed he was showing off more than trying to help. Mentioned something about covering his ears for protection when he's shooting the 9mm, I just agreed. Not impressed, I waited 6 months to see him and less than 15 minutes later I was leaving the building with no real evidence as to why my ear is ringing so much.

Submitted May 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Chau was the most dedicated, knowledgeable, personable and professional specialist I have met in the Calgary Health region within the last 10 years.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2013 | flag

I have had ear problems my entire life, and therefore have had a number of ENTs. When I moved to Calgary from Ontario I was worried about finding an ENT to replace my rather excellent doctor in Ontario. I was told by audiologist that Dr. Chau was highly recommended so I decided to give him a call. Dr. Chau has been living up to his reputation in a big way. He has a good bedside manner, well informed, and was able to clearly explain what was going on with my ear. While he was a little late for my appointment is wasn't nearly as bad as I've experienced before with other doctors.

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Chau to be personable while still maintaining his professionalism. Dr. Chau obviously very respected for his superior abilities amoung co-workers and within the hospital as "on of the best ENT's Calgary has".

Submitted June 12, 2013 | flag

This doctor achieved what no other ENT or MD did for my ears. He was personable, proffessional and skilled

Submitted March 25, 2013 | flag

After seeing numerous doctors regarding a facial nerve issue that was misdiagnosed Dr. Chau immediately saw the problem was very severe. Dr.Chau rushed a surgery for me to help correct the problem. I cannot say enough good things about him. Great surgeon and a fantastic person. He truly cares about his patients.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

After being seen by countless GPs and 2 other ENTs who refused to help me/couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, I requested a referral to Dr. Chau. He listened to my very long story and immediately agreed to do the surgery that I was seeking (and REALLY needed). He has released me from years of pain, bouts of not eating or sleeping for days on end, excessive antibiotic prescriptions and doctor visits, and overall misery. The quality of my life has improved, and I am extremely grateful to Dr. Chau for his help. He doesn't beat around the bush, and gets the job done. There is a reason this man's ratings are so good. Thank you Dr. Chau for your help!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

We were in to see Dr. Chau yesterday for me 16 year old son, and his on-going tonsils issues. Dr. Chau was very thorough, kind, and polite. He is the surgeon will be seeing for the tonsils surgery. Excellent experience thus far!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag