Dr. Roy W. Bankhead

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Roy W. Bankhead has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 5344577
14/04/14 4 4 4 4 I was worried when I read the reviews for Dr Bankhead but decided to follow through with my referral and give him a chance. I'm glad I did! He was very nice as well as his nurse. They took excellent care of me and answered all of my questions. Fortunately my procedure didn't result in any abnormal findings. If I need a urologist in the future I will use Dr Bankhead again.
Insurance: Humana
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Roy" to "Roy W."
RID: 2717692
24/07/13 2 1 2 5 I have to agree the staff is very rude. The waiting time is ridiculous. At times, I think he doesn't know what he is saying or doing.  Respond
RID: 1667749
22/12/11 5 5 5 5 DR. Bankhead diagnosed my prostate cancer when another Urologist failed to. He saved my life with his surgery skills. He is a very caring and smart doctor. He took the time to explain all my options to me. I am now a prostate cancer survivor. Best urologist in Oklahoma!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 723658
16/11/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bankhead is a great Docter. He saved my life after he diagnosed my cancer. He did a wonderful job with my surgery.
Insurance: Veterans Administration
RID: 542802
19/03/08 2 1 1 1 Incompetent - said I "might" have cancer, but wanted to "wait & see". Luckily for me, I didn't wait but got a second opinion from a fine surgeon who saved my life.  Respond
RID: 366900
15/07/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bankhead was my urologist for several years while in Lawton. He was able to diagnose and treat my urologic problems after several other urologists had failed. He took the time to actually listen, and I found him easy to talk to. I was very disappointed that he left the Lawton area.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 177571
08/03/07 4 4 4 Dr. Bankhead correctly diagnosed the sources of my recurring UTIs and prescribed a course of treatment that has kept it in-check (1 occurance) in 2 years. He works out of an office with Urology Associates. I find these offices chaotic and anxity inducing.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 74349
27/12/06 3 5 4 Dr. Bankhead succussfully diagnosed my illness when every other doctor, including my general practitioner, misdiagnosed me and gave me the wrong medications. Because of Dr. Bankhead's care, I feel much better and can live as close to a normal life as possible. I did not need any kind of surgery, but the medications he prescribed for me helped me immensely. Definately one of the better doctors I have been to in the Oklahoma City area, and that is saying something because I have seen some awful ones here.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 32838
20/06/06 5 5 5 If I had my surgery to do over again, he would be the man to do it and I had a lot to choose from. When I found out he was leaving my area I was very disappointed, I told him unless he was leaving the U.S., it wouldn't be too far to drive to stay your patient. I feel like he saved my life.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 9032
11/07/05 2 1 1 This is the WORST urologist I have ever been to! I have been to many...I KNOW...I have had extensive kidney problems. Not only is he rude, stupid and made foolish decisions when it came to my care, he has less personality than a corpse. I warn you...EXPECT PAIN! Attending an open casket funeral is more fun than a visit to BLANK-HEAD. I hope someone yanks this man's license before he kills someone.Do yourself a favor and die before you go to this guy!!!!! SERIOUSLY...he lied to my face about my care and he damaged me in surgery.  See Responses