Rate Dr. Frederick F. Porcase

Dr. Frederick F. Porcase's Ratings

I cannot believe some of the comments on here saying Dr. Porcase is uncaring. He is so caring and knowledgeable, I wonder if people are reviewing the right doctor? He is straight to the point, and maybe that may come off as abrupt, but he is the best doctor I have EVER had. He biopsied my mole even thought I was the very last appt. and I knew it was late and everyone was tired. I ended up with malignant melanoma, and I feel as though he saved my life. IF he was an uncaring doc, he would have sent me on my way without a biopsy. I could always go for another opinion, right? BUT he didn't, because he CARES about his patients! He also got my son the help he needed and told us it was a suicide attempt and not a "fall" from a bridge as my son told us. So, in my eyes, he saved both mine and my sons lives. I appreciate and love this very caring doctor, and his nurses, too!

Submitted July 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. Frederick Porcase is one of the worst physicians I have been to. My last appt with him was at 1pm and he did not see me until 3:45. That is completely ridiculous. While I was waiting in the exam room for 2 hours I could hear him talking to other patients in a rude manner and also talking down to his staff. When he finally came into my exam room, he immediately was rude to me. He asked me a question and when I was answering him he mumbled something and walked out on me. This is not the only problem I have had with him and his office. I have never been able to call his office and talk to someone. I always have to leave a message and if they call back, it has never been sooner then 2 days. If I happen to miss their callback, it's not until the next week I can talk to someone. So if you have the misfortune of having dr. Porcase, stay by your phone at all times and be prepared to be insulted and and talked down to.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

First of all I must say keeping this comment polite is not easy when Dr. Porcase probably does not even know the meaning of the word. To me, my physician acting rude or polite is not an issue (he is rude). The issue is care and responsibility. I chose him to care for me and paid him to do so. He let me down in every possible way and in the end... Well, (I have to be careful here) I will just say that I have never met anyone so cold and unwilling to help, especially a physician! He just let me go, like a fish out of water. OUCH! In my opinion, his nurses seem overworked & under appreciated. I do not understand why they stay working there. I totally FIRED him as my doctor and would just like others to know that I had the most horrible experience EVER with this character of a doctor. Beware!

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Porcase has been my doc since 1988. I would not trade him for another doctor even though I have to drive 90 miles round trip for a office visit. Very caring and very truthfull. Will not sugar coat anything but truly cares about patients.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr Porcase has been my physician for 6 years. I am 55, and he is the best doctor I have visited in the US and abroad. Great physician, extremely knowledable, will spend the time with you that you need. a no bull doctor, if you are looking for wholesale painpills, please skip this doctor, he will make you regret you came to see him.

Submitted June 27, 2011 | flag

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag

I don't think Dr. Porcase is rude, I just think he gets right to the point and does not mince words. I appreciate that in a doctor. I will say however that I had blood work done at Lab Corp several month ago and never heard back from his office. I finally called and spoke with his nurse who told me that they do not call unless the tests are abnormal. I would still like to have a copy for my records. I also noticed that he does not say goodbye, just walks out. The first time there, I did not know if he was coming back of not. All in all, I do think that he is a good and caring doctor. He has always spent time with my husband and me when needed. Our insurance is a Medicare advantage program, Humana Gold Plus. I will continue going to him at this point in time.

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag

I have noticed that pretty much the only people that have good things to say about him are the ones with the better insurances.Trust me us Medicaid people are treated like crap wherever we go because of the negative label America has put on us.But they fail to think that there are people out there that abuse the system but others that need the treatments and healthcare having insurance provides.I am a patient of Secunda's.There are times when he is rude but others when he is not.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2010 | flag

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag

I started going to Dr. Porcase about 3-4 years ago. He can be very abrupt at times but has he never failed to stop and listen to anything I had a concern about. I am a 6 year breast cancer survior and even though he was not my doctor when until after my treatments were completed, he has always been very concerned, understanding and a great doctor!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2009 | flag