Dr. Ramin Ganjianpour

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 07/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Ramin Ganjianpour has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3616319
22/11/13 4 4 5 5 DR. Gangianjour is VERY knowledgeable in his field and very much at ease. He performed an arthoscopic knee surgery from which I've made a great recovery a week later. He'll then inform me what was found. He also was wise to advise the surgery instead of prolotherapy which has its proponents(myself included though it may not be a panacea and in my case wasn't suitable since I had a torn meniscus in the knee).
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2436892
02/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Ganjianpour , is very professional. He is one of top surgeons in los angeles county, and his demand is very high. People only want him to do their surgeries because he has superb outcomes. he did my hip and knee replacement and I was back to work in just a couple of weeks. He has a very good reputation and very well known in community
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1451430

27/05/11 2 1 1 1 Was threatened with collection because Blue Cross refused to pay them for late insurance submission. I got Blue Cross to pay and they have Owed me a credit since February and i keep getting excuses why it has not gone out. If you go follow up and make sure they billed your insurnace on time. Don't pay them until they do. Plan on waiting to be seen a minimum of two hours. If your lucky you'll se the doctor but most likely will get seeing his assistant. I would not go back if he was the best.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1113675
24/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. G did my L knee replacement in December.He is very highly respected by nurses and physical therapists I encountered post-surgery. Though he isn't "chatty", I found his skill to be superb, his smile and warmth to be reassuring . I am recovering by attending physical therapy sessions at his office. My range of motion is up to 125 from maybe 80 pre-surgery.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

10/05/09 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 697982

07/10/08 1 1 1 1 I was sent to this doctor through my HMO for hip surgery. Not only did I have to wait for 2-3 hours each time I went, the staff were rude, unorganized, and sent me to the PA twice when I specifically asked to see the real doctor. THe PA told me I probably had cancer and it took months of seeing a cancer doctor and many tests to find out he was wrong. On my third visit to see the "real" doctor, i finally met Dr Gangianpour. He is arrogant and unhelpful. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this doctor or anyone else in his office. Needless to say, I cancelled the surgery and insisted I get sent to another doctor.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 683068
11/09/08 3 2 2 4 Gave me incorrect information about my post op shoulder surgery recovery. I was completely unprepared. Waited too long to get me into therapy.
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 387998
18/08/07 5 2 5 5 Dr gangianpour performed 2 knee replacement surgerys one year apart, My husband had previous unsuccessful shoulder surgery and Dr G fixed his problem. I would trust his skill and ability without reservation. He is also very polite respectful and kind. Great doctor a very busy practice and totally worth the wait.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 259472
04/04/07 1 1 1 Plan on a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait CONSISTANTLY.(we have had 8 appointments with him) When asked about a surgery that he was to perform and what to expect from recovery he stated "I am just the surgeon I can not answer that question". Needless to say we cancelled the surgery.  Respond