Dr. Steven C. Weber

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 07/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Steven C. Weber has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4791748

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5  Respond
RID: 2465818

04/11/12 3 2 1 1 I had arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery. Immediately after the surgery I notified doctor Webber that I was experiencing extreme weakness. It was ignored in fact his physical therapist kept putting down the highest marks for recovery strength. I told him every visit that I felt a disconnect with my tricep and I only had a fraction of my strength. I couldn't get the doctor's attention. I switched doctors and was tested. Webber damaged a nerve in my shoulder, but never would never acknowledge it.
Insurance: Workers Comp
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven C."
RID: 1714879
15/02/12 5 5 1 1 5 months after surgery still not better. Dr Weber refused to acknowledge anything was wrong and said my symptoms were not serious. Stated that enough money had been spent on me. He stated that I could lift 10 lbs. ( how would he know he never tested me). He would not authorize another MRI. Went to another Dr., got another MRI and discovered the surgery had failed and I had 3 torn tendons & a dislocated bicep.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1028547
07/11/09 2 2 2 3 I said to his PA "I dont htink Dr Weber Likes me" his PA said that "if he had a nickel for evry patient that said that he'd be a millionaire" that says alot, had a shoulder replacement, it's taken over a year for range to improve, pain is still there, dont ask him for pain meds he doesnt care, he manner is that your bothering him.. dont like him and tell everyone I know what my experience with him was. arrogant is an understatement
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 963260
14/08/09 5 5 5 5 Being unable to raise my right hand above belt level invited my fellow black belts to kick me in the head - too often for this nice 76 year old man. My surgery is a humeral glenoid implant aka shouler replacement. I was in the hospital less than 24 hours, fed the pain pills to my toilet and am still waiting now 4 years for the pain to show up. Rep band therapy [faithfully 600 reps a day for 90] days-started one week after surgery; and i nearly tossed the therapist through his office window as he tested my strength after 30 days. Dr. Weber is a genius, and i am looking forward to miniscus replacements when the time comes for Dr. Weber to do that. He gets a 5 here only because there is no provision for a higher rating. On my personal rating system, he is a solid "NO ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!".
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 952875
02/08/09 4 3 4 3 Wow. Unfortunately, I had a similar experience to the person who commented above in regards to how he manages a patient's pain. After my left shoulder arthroscopic surgery in late 2000, he prescribed me a minimal amount of Vicodin post-surgery, even though he knew that I was taking something twice as strong, twice as often, pre-surgery. When I called two days later to request something else, he basically said to deal with it i.e.. he didn't want to hear about it. To say that I felt a lack of empathy would be a generous way to put it.  Respond
RID: 259359
04/04/07 3 1 4 This doctor laughed at my pain (literally), and said I'd "have to live with it"--my arm is partially paralyzed from a car accident. He is brusque, dismissive, and arrogant. I'm seeking a second opinion. Seeing him wasted my time, and I feel very depressed about not "moving forward with diagnosis or treatment.
Insurance: United Healthcare