Dr. Neil E. Schaffner

Dr. Neil E. Schaffner

Rate Dr. Neil E. Schaffner

Dr. Neil E. Schaffner's Ratings

Listened carefully; Explained clearly; Discussed situation with me as one intelligent person to another.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2012 | flag

As ex Air Force, Dr Shaffner saw a need for better treatment at the Montgomery VA. He gave up a thriving private practice to serve those who are serving their country. My other doctors say he is the best Endocrinologist in Montgomery.

Submitted July 10, 2011 | flag

Well, I think it should have been made clear to me before I saw the dr. that he did not accept insurance. I was shocked after the fact and very dissappointed. The receptionist blamed it on my referring dr., that he should have told me. They took forever to check me out, no one even would tell me what was going on. There should be a sign posted saying they don't take insurance. The receptionist even asked me when I first got there what type of insurance I had. UGH. Makes me mad. I liked dr. schaffner, he spent almost an hour with me. Although it seems he was wanting to test me for things I didn't think were necessary. Won't go back because I can't afford it.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2008 | flag

That was a huge difference from my experiences with another endocrinologist in this city. I feel like I will have a true care "team" after leaving his office.

Submitted July 15, 2008 | flag

Doctor very knowledgeable and caring. Staff needs to be more caring and frienly, they barely even speak to the patient,and it would be nice if they smiled.

Submitted April 22, 2008 | flag

Staff a tad slobby. Dr. did not seem very "with it" concerning the problem I saw him for. Although his advertisement touts him as being a "specialist" in this area. I remained ill under his care for 11 months. I ended up receiving far better care from an Internal Med. physician and the problem was under control by my 2nd visit with my new Dr.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2008 | flag

very good doctor who listens to his patients

Submitted Dec. 2, 2006 | flag

He did not examine me. He did no lab work. He basically told me that I was a hypochondriac and then bounced out of the room convinced that he had solved my problem. I left no more informed about my problem than I had been going in. I found a new doctor.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2006 | flag

$250 is just for first visit. After that it's about $70.00. Some people might be put off because he does not accept insurance, but they do help with your insurance forms. In any case, he treats even very complicated cases most adequately.

Submitted July 26, 2006 | flag

Does not accept insurance. Does not listen well. Very forgetful from visit to visit. Incompetent, trashy staff.

Submitted July 9, 2005 | flag