Dr. Jeffrey G. Hirsch

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 07/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey G. Hirsch has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

10/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.6
RID: 2902856
09/10/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Hirsch is the most compassionate physician I've ever been to. He is caring, remembers what all has gone on with me in the past, and asks about how I am doing with those situations. He hasn't prescribed drugs that aren't applicable to my particular issue (i.e. if I need ultram that's what he orders. If I need lortab that's what he orders. If I need anti-inflammatory only then that's what he orders. He does not prescribe drugs that aren't necessary.) I quit going to my other family doctor because they don't have compassion or listen to me. I would recommend Dr. Hirsch to anybody that is looking for a physician.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2822056
29/08/13 1 1 1 3 He is a big phony with his big caring act - I could hear him all the way down the hall saying the same things to each person. I was told he over-prescribed controlled drugs, but I defended him. He put me on lortab and then after I had been on it, he wouldn't give it to me. I have to wonder if he's trying to stop prescribing so many controlled drugs. He may be running scared right now because the DEA is cracking down on doctors. Imagery disappointed in him.
RID: 2762255

12/08/13 3 1 1 2 I had been a patient of Mr. Hirsch since 2001 for sinus infections, stress and anxiety. He would always, every single visit draw blood, which was just money in his pocket from my insurance company. He often would give me B12 shots to help me get my stregnth back and then started prescribing me xanas for my anxiety as I had a very stressful job at the time. For over 10 years he prescribed me xanax, which caused me to become addidcted after 12 years of being on it. I was addicted and knew the side effects of not being weened off of it. I tried to get a refill May 8, 2013 and well three days later, I was in hospital after having a seizure! He was very disrespectful and so was his staff. Sent me a certified letter stating that he would not prescribe anymore and to find another family physician. Well, my hospital bill from the seizure was over $9,000 dollars as the withdrawls are not good at all and they have to detox you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY, SO CALLED A DOCTOR find a lawyer.
RID: 2651572
18/05/13 5 5 5 5 New to OKC and had a terrible sinus infection on Monday, a co-worker suggested I call Dr. Hirsch's office. Luckily for me, his staff told me to come right over, that they would squeeze me in! Within a few minutes of filling out papers, I was called in to an exam room. Within 5 mins, probably the shortest time I've ever waited in my life for a doc, Dr. Hirsch came in to exam me. He order some blood tests and said he would be back. A few minutes later, he discussed some concerns with my labs and I told him the difficulty I was having getting an appt with a specialist. He said after his assistant administered some meds to me, that he'd see me in his office & we'd talk about my referral. He assured me that he'd make sure I would see the very best specialist for me and to call him anytime I needed. On Tues I received a call from his staff with an appt for Wed. On Thursday I had the procedure I needed. Other specialists had me waiting for 3 months for an appt. Hirsch is caring and beyond!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2589334
19/03/13 1 2 1 1 I take back the five-star rating I gave him earlier. He devasted me as a person and as a patient by dropping me for filling lortab at more than one location by more than one doctor. He never told me this was not acceptable, or talked to me about what happened. He never notified me that he was no longer my doctor. When he wouldn't refill one of my other prescriptions (which I was completely out of), I called his office and talked to Chris, who was extremely rude and told me. It hurt me, and it could've been handled better.
RID: 2547688
31/01/13 5 5 5 5 Most certainly one of the best primary care/family medicine doctors. Caring, compassionate, and approachable, Dr. Hirsch is a a doctor others in the field ought to aspire toward. He'll answer your questions thoroughly and give you the time you need to make your concern(s) known. Then, he'll work with you to alleviate your concerns and help to solve your problems.  Respond
RID: 1556749
08/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hirsch best doctor I ever had, his team work like a clock,he is very helpful,and he is care about his people, come his office you feel you talk to best friend who try help you right a way and he know how, love his very much!
RID: 1530972
06/09/11 5 5 5 5 He is the last of a dying breed! He always takes time to explain everything to you and you always have an additional one on one conversation, he always asks how you are doing and if you have any other health concerns. He is very thorough and follows up. If he thinks that you need to see a specialist, they will call and schedule the appointment for you. He is the absolute best doctor in the world!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1387958
15/03/11 5 5 5 5 i just started going to Dr Hirch Oct 2010 and he has been great. He helped me locate a specialist and is the best doctor around I'm very lucky to have found him!  Respond
RID: 1321308
26/12/10 5 5 5 5 The best Dr in the world. His staff is wonderful and he is just the BEST! I don't like the Downtown office but he's worth it.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1244955
07/09/10 5 5 5 5 Awesome doc! He is by far the best one I have ever been to! I just wish he took on pediatric patients as well because I would love him to be my childs doctor. He has an excellent bedside manner, spends quality time with you, and answers all questions. Only down side is having to pay to park - but its worth it!!
RID: 1225284
09/08/10 5 5 5 5 Hirsch has been my Primary care for 25 years, since birth and has seen my parents for almost 30. Not only is he miraculous, prompt, and professional, he makes every patient a priority. His staff is incredible and comforting to be around. I would recommend him to everyone. Amazing doc and a brilliant man.  Respond
RID: 982601
08/09/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor; my family has been seeing him for years and he has guided us through some scary medical circumstances. He is very informed and we have always appreciated his referrals.  Respond
RID: 661209
10/08/08 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgable and personable. If he thinks there is a specialist who would be good for you to see, he will give you a GOOD refferal. Has his own lab for basic diagnostic testing.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 391925
25/08/07 5 3 5 5 Our dr. for many years. Professional, courteous, friendly, listens. He works diligently to get the best resolution for the patient. Takes time to address questions or concerns. Busy office, but usually seen within a reasonable time.  Respond
RID: 334968
01/06/07 5 5 5 He's the best doctor in OKC. I've been seriously ill and have a doctor in the family, so I know alot about doctors. Dr. H. is the best doctor I've ever been to. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 258592
04/04/07 3 5 5 This is the best MD I have been too. He is so kind and caring. Definitely understands customer service. He listens, explains your options and asks what you would like to do. You definitely feel in control of your care. Would definitely refer to others with no reservations.
Paid (or co-pay): $20