Dr. Jan Dorrell

Rate Dr. Jan Dorrell

Dr. Jan Dorrell's Ratings

I have seen 3 naturopaths in Ottawa in the last year. Dr. Jan Dorrell is by far the most equipped, caring and compassionate naturopath I have ever met. I have been trying to get certain blood tests done for over a year and no doctor would help me. The state of my health, my life depended on these blood tests, Dr. Dorrell was sensitive to my needs and has done, and is continuing to do everything in her power to get my health back. The kindness and understanding from her is so overwhelming at times it is hard for me to believe that she is real. She cares more about her patients than their money. She doesn't just take your ‘physical’ problem into consideration, she treats you as a whole (mind, body, soul) and you leave her office feeling so good about yourself knowing you are in the best hands possible. I highly suggest Dr. Jan Dorrell to everyone out there who wants to improve their health. I wish I would have found her years ago. She can change your life and give you so much HOPE!!

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

I have been suffering with a chronic illness for several years. While the medical system could do nothing to help me, Dr. Dorrell has helped ease the terrible symptoms I have. She has helped me to be able to sleep again, have less fatigue, less depression and anxiety, recover from some severe reactions to prescription drugs and more. I have had immediate, major improvements from the remedies and acupuncture she has given me. She is highly knowledgeable about naturopathic medicine and experienced. Because of my illness, I have been to many different doctors, specialists and practitioners and she has helped me more than anyone else ever has. She is an expert in working with patients who are sensitive. I am sensitive and she always cautions me to take it slow with remedies/supplements and to follow up with her. She is the most patient, caring, compassionate person and doctor. She is also an amazing counsellor. She is so accepting and non-judgemental. Thank you for everything Dr. Dorrell!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2012 | flag

Recommended remedies for menopausal symptoms that caused horrible side effects. Unable to reach her or get advice. Subsequent naturopath told me the remedies should never have been given together or in such a strong dose and that effects should have been closely monitored. Not impressed.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dorrell is smart, efficient and caring. She helped me lower my cholesterol and get off statin drugs, helped with my insomnia and chronic cramping and bloating. Very thorough and smart. Nice person too!

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr. Jan Dorrell is amazing! She was referred to me by my yoga teacher and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to go see a naturopath who takes the time to listen and provides natural suggestions for optimal health - not just eliminatinig problems, but really living at your best! I feel like I'm working with my body now and not against it! THANK YOU!!!

Submitted April 27, 2010 | flag

We were having major constipation issues with our toddler and conventional medicine had told us that nothing was wrong after 9 months of poking and prodding him. Within 1 week of seeing her and implimenting her advice, we started seeing signs of improvement. Within 3 weeks, we stopped living with suppositories and enemas as part of a weekly regime and within 6 weeks, his bowels were functioning as close to normally as possible. We have had a few set backs in the 9 months we have been working with Dr Dorell and she is always quick to offer advice or make changes to "the plan" based on what is happening in our son's life at that moment (flu season, teething, etc). I am truly thankful that a stranger offered her name to us and now I would like to offer it to you. Lisa

Submitted Aug. 18, 2009 | flag

My daughter was having some behavioural issues and instead of taking her to an MD, I brought her to Dr. Jan Dorrell. Dr. Dorrell listened, provided a clear path for treatment, and suggested a food allergy test to determine if it was food related. What she suggested helped to clear up the problem. She is an excellent naturopathic doctor and I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2009 | flag

I have been going to Jan for many years. She is thorough, and knowledgable. She takes the time to explain her remedies and non-drug solutions to my concerns. It can be difficult to get an appointment, but once the appointment is made, she takes her patients on time.

Submitted April 4, 2007 | flag