Rate Dr. Shanta Srivastava

Dr. Shanta Srivastava's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Shanta for almost 20 years. She has always taken time with me, answered all of my questions, and made me feel welcome and comfortable. She delivered my babies, did my hysterectomy and is seeing me through menopause. She is kind, knowledgeable and giving. Yes - there can be a wait - but that is because babies don't arrive around her appointments and emergencies happen. I take a book or my iPad - knowing there might be a baby who takes priority - and make the best use of the wait time. Her nurse Denise is wonderful too!! I keep asking Dr. Shanta to never retire - because I just don't know what I will do if she does!!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014 | flag

Dr Shanta has been nothing but awesome. I came from another Dr. that they call the 5 minute man because he is terrible. I have had many appt., a surgery and follow up appointments and have always been treated well. My only complaint is the wait can be a little long but to get the chance to see Dr. Shanta is worth the wait.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Shanta is truly one of the most caring and concerned doctors I have ever known. Last year I went in for some concerns regarding excessive heartburn and constantly having to go to the bathroom and she knew right away that I had a ovarian cyst. She scheduled me for an emergency surgery and following that I had chemotherapy, it ended up being cancer. However through my whole ordeal, she was by my side, visiting me and being there with encouragement and support. She is so knowledgeable and if she feels you do not understand a diagnosis, she will sit with you and go through medical journals with pictures, to show you what the problem is and how she "swears" to fix the problem. She treats me like her own daughter, with love and respect. I owe the doctor my life and I hope one day I can repay the favor. If you are considering Dr. Shanta, do it. You will not regret this decision, I give you my world!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Shanta's for 13 years. She is an amazing woman and doctor. She is warm, loving, caring, listens and will go above and beyond to help you. I have always known this and she just proved it again as she just helped save my life from a mis-diagnosis from another doctor. I would highly recommend her. Denise has been apart of her office staff for 10 years and she is wonderful. Yes, you will wait-but this wait is worth it. One should not place their health in the hands of another, simply based on time.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2009 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Shanta for 13 years. She has delivered 3 of my 4 children. She is an awesome Doctor. The absolute best there is. There may be a wait to see her, but the quality and the top notch knowledge and compassion you will receive from her is so well worth the wait. I would never want any other obgyn. I went through an painful emotional rollercoaster pregnancy that ultimately turned beautifully. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without Dr. Shanta. She was amazing!! My family adores her, I adore her. You could not have a better doctor than her! And...her staff is awesome too by the way. Love Love Denise..she is great!

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

I've seen Dr. Shanta for over 15 years. I drive 50 miles just to see her. There is a long wait but worth it. She really takes the time to listen. I've had a few bad experiences with doctors and I don't trust them much but Dr. Shanta is truly a GREAT doctor!!

Submitted April 8, 2008 | flag

Very warm and friendly. It may take a long time to get in to see her if you go during the morning, before the office closes for lunch or if she gets called into surgery. I have been going to her for about 9 years and my Mom has been seeing her for more than 20 years. She preformed my C-section for me but not before she did all she could, short of a vacuum to deliver my child naturally. I healed nicely and the scar is hardly noticable. For my mom, she performed emergency surgery after a tubal pregnancy burst, where the ER staff couldn't find what was wrong with her. She also did my mom's hysterectomy. The both of us swear by her and will continue to recommend her.

Submitted July 17, 2007 | flag

I had to wait over 1-1/2 hours before seeing Dr. Shanta, but once I saw her she was very warm and caring and she answered all my questions. I don't like having to wait, but I am willing to wait to get the best for my upcoming hysterectomy. Both my family doctor and my husband's back doctor said she was a good surgeon.

Submitted July 8, 2006 | flag

Her office is very unorganized!! Her staff has no idea were any paperwork is. I waited 3 and 1/2 hours after my scheduled appointment to see her. When I FINALLY got in there, I asked her a couple of questions and she said, " I only have 15 mintues per patient. I am sorry, I can not answer your questions". WOW!! I will never go back. And I don't recommend her to anyone. I was expecting a lot more from this OB/GYN because she was recommend to me from 2 different people. I was very dissapointed.

Submitted March 9, 2006 | flag